Book to be released that covers the Dayne Beams rape allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

What type of girl would that be?
The one that comes to the party, engages in sex with the guy that brought her there, feels "compelled but not forced" to have sex with another 4 men in the bedroom, has another dip in the alley way, takes a cab home with the latter man, hugging, kissing, speaking softly to him and promising to pay him a visit tomorrow before accusing him of rape the next day.
Does this type ring a bell?

The one that comes to the party, engages in sex with the guy that brought her there, feels "compelled but not forced" to have sex with another 4 men in the bedroom, has another dip in the alley way, takes a cab home with the latter man, hugging, kissing, speaking softly to him and promising to pay him a visit tomorrow before accusing him of rape the next day.

Apart from the " crying rape ", I could well be a male version of that type of girl

If what you're saying is correct, I'd argue that it was immoral. That is, to seemingly supply the Galbally services to ensure, among other things, that their interests are maintained, only to get the family to ultimately foot the bill. That 'technicality' aside, I agree.

Like you say though, they could put this right, but could they do it without drawing certain implications that they don't want? Could they do it on the quiet? Would there be legal issues in doing so?
Nothing here to disagree with.

Are you female?

If what you're saying is correct, I'd argue that it was immoral. That is, to seemingly supply the Galbally services to ensure, among other things, that their interests are maintained, only to get the family to ultimately foot the bill. That 'technicality' aside, I agree.

Like you say though, they could put this right, but could they do it without drawing certain implications that they don't want? Could they do it on the quiet? Would there be legal issues in doing so?

Your right, Collingwood was negligent by not undertaking a complete analysis of an unrelated individual's families finances (who have no legal obligation to pay their adult sons bills) before the accused engaged the services of a QC.

What obligation does Collingwood have to the accused? He found himself in a situation of his own doing. Let's be perfectly clear, Beams and McCarthy were not present when the alleged rape occured.

My reading of the article does not make it clear that the woman actually accused the defendant of rape. It's only a feeling, but my take on it is that this prosecution was driven by the cops and the DPP, rather than the alleged victim.

Well I'm not denying something fishy went down but as I mentioned earlier the fact we didn't foot *Justin's legal bill somewhat eases my fears.
The other thing is, along with implying our boys were involved the article does hint in no uncertain terms at they type of girl *Sarah is/was. The taxi driver's statement does not help her cause either.

I'm not going to comment on the girl, because I think that it is irrelevant to the discussion.

Prostitutes get r*ped. However it doesn't make the action less abhorrent. It also doesn't make it any easier to prove or disprove.

What happened, in my cynical reading of this at least, is that Collingwood brought in the big guns, (Galbally), straight away, because they shit themselves at the anecdotal evidence.

Once they could prove seperation, (of their players), via some murky circumstances, (whether they be contrived or not), they hung *Justin, and his family, out to dry.

So many parallels between this and the current Essendon situation that it's not funny.

Some of the comments from Collingwood supporters in this thread are an utter disgrace.

Even more so given some of the same posters were all over the Kim Duthie story and in that case took everything she said as gospel.

It's pretty clear what Collingwood's role was in this episode, the ethics of that are worthy of debate, but in terms of what happened on the night you just make yourself look like a goose by speculating.

I'm not going to comment on the girl, because I think that it is irrelevant to the discussion.

Prostitutes get r*ped. However it doesn't make the action less abhorrent. It also doesn't make it any easier to prove or disprove.

What happened, in my cynical reading of this at least, is that Collingwood brought in the big guns, (Galbally), straight away, because they shit themselves at the anecdotal evidence.

Once they could prove seperation, (of their players), via some murky circumstances, (whether they be contrived or not), they hung *Justin, and his family, out to dry.

So many parallels between this and the current Essendon situation that it's not funny.

You do realise that the police decide who to charge not Collingwood.

What obligation does Collingwood have to an accused rapist who happens to be friends with players.

It was not a matter of separation, the alleged assault happened elsewhere.

Justin or Fraser has noone to blame but himself for the situation he found himself in.

Are you female?
No, however this does not automatically make me a male chauvinist pig.
My reading of the article does not make it clear that the woman actually accused the defendant of rape. It's only a feeling, but my take on it is that this prosecution was driven by the cops and the DPP, rather than the alleged victim.
You could be right, they usually try to go after those they think they can nail, no pun intended.
And they failed to do that.

Agree on the whole apart from comparisons with Essendon's saga.
But don't you think we would have footed *Justin's legal bill if we had anything to worry about?
It just doesn't add up IMO.

Some of the comments from Collingwood supporters in this thread are an utter disgrace.

Even more so given some of the same posters were all over the Kim Duthie story and in that case took everything she said as gospel.

It's pretty clear what Collingwood's role was in this episode, the ethics of that are worthy of debate, but in terms of what happened on the night you just make yourself look like a goose by speculating.
What took you so long, been waiting for your "it's pretty clear Collingwood is guilty as sin" shtick since last night.
And learn to read, its not just the mean Collingwood supporters that are taking this stance.

What took you so long, been waiting for your "it's pretty clear Collingwood is guilty as sin" shtick since last night.
You really need to get a life.

And I do mean REALLY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise that the police decide who to charge not Collingwood.

What obligation does Collingwood have to an accused rapist who happens to be friends with players.

It was not a matter of separation, the alleged assault happened elsewhere.

Justin or Fraser has noone to blame but himself for the situation he found himself in.

You're a little naive for this I think.
Agree on the whole apart from comparisons with Essendon's saga.
But don't you think we would have footed *Justin's legal bill if we had anything to worry about?
It just doesn't add up IMO.

I think that the obsufication on behalf of Collingwood and Essendon on these issues is fairly obvious.

I'm not saying that either party is guilty, but it is the done thing from large organisations on these issues.

Footing the Galbally bill for *Justin publicly, would not have been a clever move PR wise.

I think that we both can see through that.

I fail to see the link between an alleged rape in an alley of which the accused was later found not guilty by a jury of his peers, and an alleged widespread systematic negligent doping program...

I think that the obsufication on behalf of Collingwood and Essendon on these issues is fairly obvious.

I'm not saying that either party is guilty, but it is the done thing from large organisations on these issues.

Footing the Galbally bill for *Justin publicly, would not have been a wise move PR wise.]/b]

I think that we both can see through that.

Wouldn't be any worse than engaging Galbally to take on his case in the first place.
And that was a common knowledge at the time.

The thread title is an utter disgrace.

Collingwood's role in this episode was that they hired legal counsel for their players who had some involvement in an investigation that led to another man being charged, and then acquitted. I'd suggest that any professional club would do the same thing. The fact that that man also hired the same QC probably turned out to be a good decision on his part, regardless of the cost.

Not sure how any of this has any relevance to a teenager who embarrassed your club either.

If anyone is an absolute disgrace it is yourself. A troll of the first order motivated by Collingwood hatred, without any redeeming features and a history of manufacturing and twisting quarter truths into fact. Many Collingwood posters, including myself supported St Kilda at the time of the Duthie drivel as we thought it was a disgusting put up job, as it turned out to be.

Unfortunately transparently agenda driven trolls such as yourself give decent St Kilda posters a bad name. I could imagine your outraged squealing if we responded in kind and regurgitated an equally flimsy and unjustified thread re Milne.

Wouldn't be any worse than engaging Galbally to take on his case in the first place.
And that was a common knowledge at the time.

But why engage a QC if they, being Collingwood, had nothing to worry about in the first place from the anecdotal evidence?

Why have Essendon engaged spin doctors and the like?

It is notoriously hard to prove or disprove consent in a sexual assault case. A friend of mine works for the DPP and there are a lot of football players that find themselves in this situation. Settling out of court should not be seen as a pay-off, nor should it be seen as opportunists making a play for money. Each case is difficult to assess because it is extremely hard to prove motivation or consent.

True.

And look at this famous case in the US. College footballer actually accused of rape, spent five years in prison, the girl sued and received $750k from the college it happened at....some five years later we find out she lied, and ruined the young players career.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-brian-banks-accuser-over-false-rape-claim/

So many girls also do prowl to star screw. In all amongst that, you also get cases of legitimate rape that don't get justice due to the courts finally kind of settling on a streamlined system of checks and processes of inquiry and legal argument that are used for all sexual assault cases. It's a real mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Book to be released that covers the Dayne Beams rape allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back