Book to be released that covers the Dayne Beams rape allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

But why engage a QC if they, being Collingwood, had nothing to worry about in the first place from the anecdotal evidence?

Why have Essendon engaged spin doctors and the like?
Guilty by association comes to mind as does the likelihood of the girl being a willing participant in what went on but the club not being comfortable about the nitty gritty of that night becoming a public knowledge.

True.

And look at this famous case in the US. College footballer actually accused of rape, spent five years in prison, the girl sued and received $750k from the college it happened at....some five years later we find out she lied, and ruined the young players career.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-brian-banks-accuser-over-false-rape-claim/

So many girls also do prowl to star screw. In all amongst that, you also get cases of legitimate rape that don't get justice due to the courts finally kind of settling on a streamlined system of checks and processes of inquiry and legal argument that are used for all sexual assault cases. It's a real mess.

So true.
Who would want to be famous, then get "invited for a drink" only to have to go through Hell afterwards.
We'll never really find out the real truth, which is sad.

Some of the comments from Collingwood supporters in this thread are an utter disgrace.

Even more so given some of the same posters were all over the Kim Duthie story and in that case took everything she said as gospel.

It's pretty clear what Collingwood's role was in this episode, the ethics of that are worthy of debate, but in terms of what happened on the night you just make yourself look like a goose by speculating.

Shut up.

Guilty by association comes to mind as does the likelihood of the girl being a willing participant in what went on but the club not being comfortable about the nitty gritty of that night becoming a public knowledge.

There are about a thousand "bert" gifs from Sesame Street for that reply in the current circumstances.;)

Ah, the club in question may change, but the supporters' reactions will stay the same.
I'm sure your reaction was completely different when Brisbane players were investigated for rape by Scotland Yard ;)

I find it strange that Beams and McCarthy weren't with their team mates the whole night

I'd think that if you just won a premiership that day, you'd all stay together, drinking up until you could drink no more....
We're we given what time this rape occurred.?
I read the article, but I can't recall the times given by the "parties" involved.

Usually, if it's early/mid morning, players split into groups and go their own way......and later meet up with others

More hungover, too.

Personally, I don't want to sleep with a woman who isn't 100% in to the moment and wanting me. If I have to rely on peer group pressure, someone else getting her naked and convincing her, drugs, alcohol etc... blergh, that aint sex.

This is a very good point. As general advice for males, maleology, men should endeavor to live by the above. They should aim a bit higher than that culture of "rooting competition" that Justin* admitted to (which btw can also be probably used against him in the alleyway -- if i were to read the victim's version of events -- he may have been guilty of pushing her into something she didnt want with HIM, and that whole insensitivity towards women where afterwards he thinks he's a good bloke calling her up the next day to see if she got home ok, etc -- after perhaps pressuring her into it for his rooting comp, then promising she doesnt scream rape, then thinking he's a top bloke by calling her up to hang with her the next day or see if she's okay). That whole attitude towards women by these big brawny muscley guys, brawny guys who ARE the ones women drool over and chase for sex....these jock types really do need to be educated. Just like that horrible rape case in the US high school, where a bunch of them dragged this girl around from house to house, raping her 40 times, urinating on her, leaving her on her own lawn in the morning, all because she was a bit promiscuous, and then videoing themselves and laughing about it, etc.

Men, should try to endeavor to mimic KrakFiend 's attitude above. At least all of us regular guys.

Basically, just be careful. Like Justin* a regular guy. Mingling into that group sex arena, rooting comps, etc, he ended up dragged thru a court trial for rape, perhaps a fall guy for more famous players who have money and backing by their rich club's expensive QC's etc. You could end up in bad place, ruin your reputation...EVEN IF you really did nothing wrong.

We're we given what time this rape occurred.?
I read the article, but I can't recall the times given by the "parties" involved.

Usually, if it's early/mid morning, players split into groups and go their own way......and later meet up with others

More hungover, too.

What in the hell are you on about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Pope, of Elwood, pleaded not guilty in the Victorian County Court to five counts of rape.

Five counts? Can someone explain this? This seems pretty enlightening to me.
Five counts meaning he had sex with her five times in the alleyway?
Five counts meaning five different sexual actions of assault in the alleyway?
Or five counts meaning he was taking the fall for the five acts of sex the girl had -- 4 in the bedroom with C'wood players + 1 by himself in the alleyway?

Also this...

Pope is charged with six counts of rape, one count of indecent assault and one count of attempted rape.

So while Collingwood supporters are whinging about an implication in the thread title that an innocent person might be a rapist, you choose to bring up the subject of Milne?

I laughed. :thumbsu:

You clearly skipped that queue when the good lord was handing out the skill of comprehension. It is pretty obvious to most people ( not you ) that I was inferring that you are a hypocrite. I clearly said that if a thread about Milne was regurgitated it would be totally unjustifiable and based on very flimsy grounds, and you would be the first to howl blue murder. However you obviously feel under no constraints in similar circumstances, when the subject is a Collingwood player.

What a disgusting effort by Anna Krien, dragging McCarthy's name through the mud after he's been cleared by the police :thumbsdown:

I guess she'll be thrilled to make gobs of money off her pathetic rumour and innuendo at the expense off a family's pain and grief..

****en dog :mad:
She misread her market. She should have known that there was no interest in this story.

This is a very good point. As general advice for males, maleology, men should endeavor to live by the above. They should aim a bit higher than that culture of "rooting competition" that Justin* admitted to (which btw can also be probably used against him in the alleyway -- if i were to read the victim's version of events -- he may have been guilty of pushing her into something she didnt want with HIM, and that whole insensitivity towards women where afterwards he thinks he's a good bloke calling her up the next day to see if she got home ok, etc -- after perhaps pressuring her into it for his rooting comp, then promising she doesnt scream rape, then thinking he's a top bloke by calling her up to hang with her the next day or see if she's okay).
That whole attitude towards women by these big brawny muscley guys, brawny guys who ARE the ones women drool over and chase for sex....these jock types really do need to be educated. Just like that horrible rape case in the US high school, where a bunch of them dragged this girl around from house to house, raping her 40 times, urinating on her, leaving her on her own lawn in the morning, all because she was a bit promiscuous, and then videoing themselves and laughing about it, etc.

Men, should try to endeavor to mimic KrakFiend 's attitude above. At least all of us regular guys.

Basically, just be careful. Like Justin* a regular guy. Mingling into that group sex arena, rooting comps, etc, he ended up dragged thru a court trial for rape, perhaps a fall guy for more famous players who have money and backing by their rich club's expensive QC's etc. You could end up in bad place, ruin your reputation...EVEN IF you really did nothing wrong.

But apparently they do according to the AFL.

We are supposed to be the leaders in sport in the way we 'educated' our young footballers as they enter the system.

But it's probably a powerpoint presentation, a 1hr talk by someone...then someone else gives a talk...other DVD and that wraps it up.

By the end of the day the new AFL recruit has a complete understanding of exactly how to go about dealing with drunk, female admirers in nightlife situations.

Fast forward a few years later when he's a valued commodity of a powerful club, of course he remembers the advice given that day when it's 3am out on the drink with the mates.

They have it covered:oops:

And do people realise how little money is made off writing and publishing a book?

A $40 price on a book...the author is lucky to get $2 of that.

A successful book in Australia is not a lot of sales.

You don't get rich off one book.

Unless you're Bryce Courtney..

Good points.

Also think us regular blokes should be helping, trying to educate our jock friends and other sexist/rooting-comp friend types. Tho we'd cop verbal abuse and mockery for it.

And society has to try to shame them. Even government initiative, like they do with cigarettes and speeding and drink driving.

The idea being: re-establishing what makes a REAL MAN. That concept seems a bit lost today.

But GG, it will never change.

It's in the DNA. Men will be men. And there will be always woman who strive to be with men who are...athletes and play sports for professional clubs.

Chicks would have fought to get it on with the best deer clubber in caveman days.

That is true. Still, look at the progress made in other areas of society -- women's rights, racism, homophobia, male moms, spousal abuse, condoms, bullying, etc etc. Even look at how men have been trained gradually becoming more metro etc. Humans can gradually evolve in certain areas we think are fixed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Book to be released that covers the Dayne Beams rape allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back