Boomer Harvey myths destroyed again

Remove this Banner Ad

this thread was never gonna end well.
who gives a **** what anyone on here thinks. he is a champion to anyone at NMFC.
he'd also have to be one of the smallest players of all time so he's allowed to have his 'soft' moments :D

The fact that you have started this thread speaks volumes.

You shouldnt have to defend a bloke after 10 years in the game.

This is a very good call.

However, I completely disagree with people calling Boomer soft. He's an outside player. That doesn't make him soft. He's run his guts out every week for over 10 years. He's fulfilling his role in his team, and doing it brilliantly.

P.S. On the Boomer vs other players front: I personally rate West and Johnno above Boomer, but I'm a Dogs supporter so I would do that. I also think that Pavlich has been a better player over the journey. Having said that, I think Harvey has been a Top 30 player in the AFL for over 10 years, and that is an extraordinary achievement.

this thread was never gonna end well.
who gives a **** what anyone on here thinks. he is a champion to anyone at NMFC.
he'd also have to be one of the smallest players of all time so he's allowed to have his 'soft' moments :D

Libba never had a single soft moment.

(I dont think Boomer is soft. Agree with tdk)

Whoever doesn't think boomer is a champion of the game is a dead set flog.

- Being the games record holder at a club is an enormous achievement.
- He has more 3 Brownlow vote games than Hird, Voss and Buckley!
- Top 10 in AFL history for total brownlow votes.
- 2007 Lou Richards Medalist and Brownlow runner up.
- 2008 Lou Richards Medalist and Herald Sun Player of the Year.

Unlike Buckley, Boomer has won games off his own boot time and time again and has provided match winning goal after match winning goal (usually after a couple of bounces on the run).

Las but not least he has an amazing highlight reel to go along with his outstanding accolades.

To the bolded, so will Eddie Betts does that make him a Champion of the game too?

1. He may have more 3 vote games than Voss, Buckley and Hird but he also he has played more games than all of them.
2. He has never actually won the medal.
3. Premiership medallions don't count as an individual award, ffs cam mooney has a Premiership medallion from the same year he didnt even get a touch. The Norm Smith on the other hand would count.

Why are these north supporters so desperate to have Brent Harvey recognised by others as a "champion of the game"? He has been very good over a long period of time but he has not had anywhere near the amount of influence Voss, Hird and Buckley had.

Why are these north supporters so desperate to have Brent Harvey recognised by others as a "champion of the game"? He has been very good over a long period of time but he has not had anywhere near the amount of influence Voss, Hird and Buckley had.

Why are Carlton supporters such arrogant w***ers?

Maybe North supporters rave about Harvey because he's actually good.

I have never quite worked out why and how Boomer brings out the worst in people.

The bloke is a champion at any club in any era.

Harvey is very, very far off the likes of Buckley, Voss and Hird. Spare us.

Please don't mention Buckley with Voss and Hird.

Boomer and Buckley are on a par, Voss and Hird are above.

All are champions.

- Being the games record holder at a club is an enormous achievement.
- He has more 3 Brownlow vote games than Hird, Voss and Buckley!
- Top 10 in AFL history for total brownlow votes.
Games record holder doesn't mean he is champion.
Also some of the best players don't poll brownlow votes so using that as an indication of his status is a pretty weak arguement

Harvey is very, very far off the likes of Buckley, Voss and Hird. Spare us.

Defiantely not in the same class as these guys

All are champions.

All are champions but if you think Harvey is on par with Buckley you need to take the NM goggles off

All are champions but if you think Harvey is on par with Buckley you need to take the NM goggles off

Different types of players. Harvey is a half forward/wingman whereas Buckley was a midfielder/half back.

Harvey is better rated against someone like Akermanis, and he is a better player than Akermanis.

Different types of players. Harvey is a half forward/wingman whereas Buckley was a midfielder/half back.

Harvey is better rated against someone like Akermanis, and he is a better player than Akermanis.

Not necessarily

Sweet jebus now I have heard everything. The only thing that Boomer has in common with Aker is that they are both closet rangas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily

Harvey has attracted a number one tag for 200 of his 317 matches.

Has Akermanis EVER attracted a number one tag?

Harvey would have run riot on a weekly basis with Voss, Black, Lappin etc taking all the heat.

Harvey is the better player, and I fail to see how anyone giving a genuine opinion could conclude otherwise. There is no valid argument to the contrary.

Soft - Don't think he was ever soft, but he may have been thought of as such due to a phase of looking to milk frees. Haven't seen too much / any of that of recent years.

Hungry - Of course he is. But he finishes 9 times out of 10, so he should be. Don't see being hungry and selfish as being the same thing. Takes the responsibility on himself.

Leadership - Obvious the other players love him and follow him. I for one was hoping he'd take the easy way out and not play over the weekend.

Soft - Don't think he was ever soft, but he may have been thought of as such due to a phase of looking to milk frees. Haven't seen too much / any of that of recent years.

Hungry - Of course he is. But he finishes 9 times out of 10, so he should be. Don't see being hungry and selfish as being the same thing. Takes the responsibility on himself.

Leadership - Obvious the other players love him and follow him. I for one was hoping he'd take the easy way out and not play over the weekend.

Agree with all that.

Really, who cares what anyone else thinks of him? North supporters know his quality after all this time, so we're happy. And Boomer's captain and a five time B&F winner at the club where he's played his whole career and won a premiership, so I expected he's happy where his reputation sits with people who matter.

All are champions.
rofl :eek: Harvey would be embarrased to be mentioned on the level of a genuine champion like Buckley.

Better footskills (by some distance)
Better skills by hand.
Better mark.
Better in contested situations.
More versatile.
Better leader.
Stronger.

Harvey is faster and more agile. He'd win a short distance running race. That's where it ends. Hell, Buckley was able to go to CHB and beat Wayne Carey. I don't think Harvey would ever be able to do a job down back on your average forward, let alone one of the best of all time.

rofl :eek: Harvey would be embarrased to be mentioned on the level of a genuine champion like Buckley.

Better skills by hand.
Better mark.
More versatile.
Better leader.
Stronger.

Harvey is faster and more agile. He'd win a short distance running race. That's where it ends. Hell, Buckley was able to go to CHB and beat Wayne Carey. I don't think Harvey would ever be able to do a job down back on your average forward, let alone one of the best of all time.

buckley and voss > hird tbh

Better skills by hand.
Better mark.
More versatile.
Better leader.
Stronger.

It happened twice, with the help of Andrew Shauble and Mark Richardson. Just be content that your mob is currently 5-10 goals better than anyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boomer Harvey myths destroyed again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back