News Clarko in strife again

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Statement
The AFL this week made inquiries into an incident involving North Melbourne Senior Coach Alastair Clarkson during Saturday afternoon’s match in Hobart.

The AFL was made aware of the alleged comments by a match day official post-game who heard the comments, with the AFLIU following up the report.

Clarkson has admitted to loudly swearing and using inappropriate language while standing near the umpires and officials’ bench in response to an umpiring decision during the third quarter.

After talking to match officials, the AFL was not able to be comfortably satisfied that Clarkson’s swearing was directed towards a specific person or persons and in particular an AFL match official or officials and as such no finding of a breach of AFL Rules has been made.

Folks like Clarko are very fascinating.

Extremely high performing in his role which would suggest some form of intelligence but then demonstrates complete subuhumanity with proven low IQ decisions over a prolonged period of time.

very hard to understand

Folks like Clarko are very fascinating.

Extremely high performing in his role which would suggest some form of intelligence but then demonstrates complete subuhumanity with proven low IQ decisions over a prolonged period of time.

very hard to understand
They’re not ‘sub-intellect’ responses - his emotional drivers are simply stronger than a lot of others - and as such his responses to problems and challenges are supported by a stronger emotional investment than say, someone like Kennett.

Probably why he was respected by ‘more rational’ types like Hodge, Mitchell etc

They’re not ‘sub-intellect’ responses - his emotional drivers are simply stronger than a lot of others - and as such his responses to problems and challenges are supported by a stronger emotional investment than say, someone like Kennett.

Probably why he was respected by ‘more rational’ types like Hodge, Mitchell etc
He lacks emotional regulation.

his emotional drivers are simply stronger than a lot of others
Or he has weaker emotional control?

No idea personally. The end result seems to be volatility, though he seems to have tamped it down in recent years.

Has he? Hasn't been able to control himself twice already this season.
Swearing to himself is definitely a step down from punching an oppo supporter lol

Or he has weaker emotional control?

No idea personally. The end result seems to be volatility, though he seems to have tamped it down in recent years.
Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Orange font chief!

Clarko has serious impulse control issues, which leads him to emotional dysregulation.

The man has a fairly long rap sheet. In my opinion, he only ever cops a slap on the wrist from the AFL so there's been no real deterrent for his behaviour.

Expect more incidents in future involving Clarko, possibly escalating.
I’m not sure how to quote reply to everyone in one hit - so this is it -

Yes, it’s either a lack of regulation or greater investment - but it’s certainly NOT an indicator of a lack of intelligence, which was my point.

What causes some to ‘lose it’ more quickly than others is a mystery - lack of confidence, dislike of the trigger, frustration at not being able to change things, an inability to step back from a situation - there’s a heap of possibilities.

Yes, it’s either a lack of regulation or greater investment - but it’s certainly NOT an indicator of a lack of intelligence, which was my point.

What causes some to ‘lose it’ more quickly than others is a mystery - lack of confidence, dislike of the trigger, frustration at not being able to change things, an inability to step back from a situation - there’s a heap of possibilities.
Agreed 100%.

I'd say passionate to a fault in sticking up for those he cares about when feeling wronged.
Definitely not from lack of intelligence.

Mid week post…get your timing right.
My timing is never wrong all things are relevant, to who takes them in or who writes them, your timing for me may be completely timed out.
There are forums that take months to get replied to.

So read and disagree or agree, but my timing is perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My timing is never wrong all things are relevant, to who takes them in or who writes them, your timing for me may be completely timed out.
There are forums that take months to get replied to.

So read and disagree or agree, but my timing is perfect.
I'm yet to see you post anything that remotely resembles right in over a decade of stumbling across your posts.

Yes a heap, and everyone faces them. Even those who say they don't.
Some people say actually what they think, I call that honesty toe-ing the line is not for everybody, those that do are sometimes the sheep.

And I think those that don't follow like sheep, they are courageous, and in a business that is a SPORT for heavens sake, with a CIA that calls itself the AFL and the terrible rules fiddling with OUR game,
Well, I love it when someone speaks out and is correct.

But has to pretend he isn't. Sometimes they don't!

I was struck by your comments , " lack confidence, those who lose it"or dislike of the trigger, I always liked Hopalong Cassidy's horse, Trigger ?
"Frustration at not being able to change things" doesn't sound Clarkson like to me, an inability to step back from a situation. Don't you think there are occasions when you need to NOT step back, I think Clarkson has had enoigh innuendo thrown at him that stepping back is something he HAD TO DO, especially with the filth about him and others that was put out from some dereliction in duty from inner Hawthorn, originally from inside my Club. And news media. Who got hold of it.

I am not talking about the types like Sitka the union thug threatening people in sports administration either , that's political. Not football.
But Clarko just mentioned only an umpiring decision or something else that bothered him he threatened nobody.
I am sick and tired of people rubbishing my former coach, who has a hard enough job rebuilding a broke and undermanned footy team.

Your comments above look like an underhanded whack from behind to me. Saying nothing but actually saying a lot. Yes??

Some people say actually what they think, I call that honesty toe-ing the line is not for everybody, those that do are sometimes the sheep.

And I think those that don't follow like sheep, they are courageous, and in a business that is a SPORT for heavens sake, with a CIA that calls itself the AFL and the terrible rules fiddling with OUR game,

I was struck by your comments , " lack confidence, those who lose it"or dislike of the trigger, I always liked Hopalong Cassidy's horse, Trigger ?
"Frustration at not being able to change things" doesn't sound Clarkson like to me, an inability to step back from a situation. Don't you think there are occasions when you need to NOT step back, I think Clarkson has had enoigh innuendo thrown at him that stepping back is something he HAD TO DO, especially with the filth about him and others that was put out from some dereliction in duty from inner Hawthorn, originally from inside my Club. And news media. Who got hold of it.

I am not talking about the types like Sitka the union thug threatening people in sports administration either , that's political. Not football.
But Clarko just mentioned only an umpiring decision or something else that bothered him he threatened nobody.
I am sick and tired of people rubbishing my former coach, who has a hard enough job rebuilding a broke and undermanned footy team.

Your comments above look like an underhanded whack from behind to me. Saying nothing but actually saying a lot. Yes??
Take a deep breath.

My comments would make much more sense if you’d read the whole thread - especially where I’ve been ridiculed for supporting him and been told his behaviour is unsupportable.

As things stand - you’re looking incredibly silly.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Clarko in strife again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back