Box Hill Hawks vs Collingwood 2's

Remove this Banner Ad

John Anthony - Automatic For The People. :)

Benefitting from some unusually decent delivery on that occasion.

Pies 52
Hawks 36

We've also been lucky with a lot of these frees, we'd never get stuff like that at AFL level. Maybe the Lions would in the last quarter.

Great effort by Dawes to lay two tackles in the middle and force the ball forward. Unfortunately a rare lowlight by MacAffer as he wasn't aware of the chasing tackler and coughed it up.

Pies 52
Hawks 43

MacAffer takes another mark I50 from Stanley's pass.

Good first half. Nice to see we have a couple of options up forward. JA should get promoted next week, and Macaffer not too far behind. My worry about Macaffer is that he will be behind Medhurst for that position. Still, he deserves an opportunity.

2nd Quarter : Less dominant but solid quarter from Macaffer, continues to present and contest. Dawes finding more space , covering lots of ground. Solid chest mark or two however not holding on to overhead marks very cleanly. Anthony continues to enforce his stature onto the game, solid marks - one grab, great disposals, goal assists and goal for the quarter. Solid 2nd quarter to the pies

I know a guy who works for Hawthorn, specifically with Box Hill at the moment, and he thought MacAffer would be a big danger since they lack medium defenders. 4 goals to half time, he's dominating.

Dawes is looking good, he's much more agile and good at ground level than I thought. Would like to see him play deeper though.

Dyas getting torn up with his opponent (some ginger kid smithwick, something like that).

Anthony proving why he should be in the AFL team. Much MUCH better than Toovey or Maxwell.

Cox isn't impressing me at all.

Iles, Cook, Stanley all solid.

Where is Casey-Leigh?

Great quarter by Jack Anthony. Continued good play by Macaffer.

Thoolen is actually doing some good things. Cook is okay, same with Iles and Stanley ok in parts. I think Dawes is having a go and presenting well, best I've seen him play so far.

We seem to have alot of players out injured today and quite a few VFL listed blokes playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macaffer and Anthony are doing well up forward.

Dawes creates a good contest, and has pretty decent forward pressure, but i'd much rather see him play deep and see if he can kick some goals.

Iles, Cook and Stanley are doing ok, that is really all i can give them. Nothing spectacular about them at all.

I'm still waiting for our customary 2nd half fade out

Dont worry, it'll come, athough we seem to have pushed it out til the end of the third quarter lately.

They are going pretty well considering all the players that are out.

Crow is the new Josh Fraser, he's going to play ruck for the entire day with no chop-out.

MacAffer to Dawes to Anthony for a rare poor kick which failed to make the distance.

Anthony is really impressing me as a forward. At first I thought his position would be a 3rd tall defender and up forward at best he would be a 3rd tall forward but couldn't be the main target. Much like Maxwell forward, at best he is someone who could put on defensive pressure, but he has proven me wrong this game. He has lead smart and lead well. I guess he has worked a fair bit a playing forward because I heard (from JAJH I think) that before his injury last year he was preparing to play forward.

Thoolen hits Anthony on the chest after some nice work by Dawes to ride a bump and dish off. Thoolen runs on to receive I50 but then misses the regulation shot on goal.

Egan smothers from the first pass after the kick-in, turns around and goals.

72 to 43.

MacAffer unstoppable. Passes to Dawes on the boundary, who links up with Anthony in the right forward pocket.

Some impressive chemistry between the young Pie talls, but Anthony slides it off to the near side. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill Hawks vs Collingwood 2's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back