Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Box Hill Hawks V Werribee

Richard Eva in the twos? I thought he was going ok. Shows what a poor judge I am!

I was baffled by that too. I do Box Hill's match reports and have named him in the best probably three or four times.

He played very well on the weekend, i still not sure why he was dropped, but based on his form in the two's he should get an instant recall.

BH can't afford to drop solid contributors when they have so few in the team!

Seems you are watching every week. What are your thoughts on the rookies Suckling and Collins? Will Little make the step?

It's funny everyone on this board raves about Collins and Suckling but i havn't taken great notice of either. Suckling's played reserves all year and i remember him impressing with his skills one game in particular, but i often only see the last bit of the reserves. He probably seems to stand out because every other player in the reserves seems to slam it on the boot before looking up!! that seems to be the trend.

Same with Collins, he's been injured/played reserves. I only took notice of him a couple of weeks ago when everyone on here started raving about him. Sorry, i'll run a closer eye over them this week maybe, and leave something on the Box Hill forum. :thumbsu:

Seems you are watching every week. What are your thoughts on the rookies Suckling and Collins? Will Little make the step?

Oh Little, he's been solid this year without being outstanding. Kicks 2-4 goals each week but gets very little of the ball. A standard game: 8-10 possessions, 5 marks, 2-3 goals. He's got good hands and a slight frame similar to Boyle, seems to pluck marks when he doesn't look a chance.

I'd say he won't make it given our dearth of forward options. If we trade him he'll pose little value either because hes yet to play a game. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a chance at another club.

Shame for him we've got Williams to come back and he's behind Dowler and Thorp in the pecking order i'd sugggest.

It's funny everyone on this board raves about Collins and Suckling but i havn't taken great notice of either. Suckling's played reserves all year and i remember him impressing with his skills one game in particular, but i often only see the last bit of the reserves. He probably seems to stand out because every other player in the reserves seems to slam it on the boot before looking up!! that seems to be the trend.

Same with Collins, he's been injured/played reserves. I only took notice of him a couple of weeks ago when everyone on here started raving about him. Sorry, i'll run a closer eye over them this week maybe, and leave something on the Box Hill forum. :thumbsu:
Good to see Suckling named on the Interchange for Box Hill ones. Will be interested to see how he goes.

Good win for Box Hill today

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors

Box Hill Hawks 3.4 4.10 8.13 11.16 (82)
Port Melbourne 1.4 2.8 4.12 5.14 (44)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Shore 3 Gibson 2 Muston Crook Little Kennedy Renouf Dowler
Port Melbourne: Langford 2 Dukes Smith Robbins

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Shore Smith Tuck Kennedy Breese Hill
Port Melbourne: Rowe Obst Hazell Baird Cotchett Livingston

Re: Good win for Box Hill today

Very impressive game from the boys, Tuck was superb. Muston, Gibson, Murphy, Renouf and Kennedy were very good. Dowler showed some good signs too. A great day at the office for Box Hill!!!

Dont forget McEntee. Great ruck work, second efforts fantastic. I thought Tuck and Kennedy showed real class. Kennedy's body use was outstanding.

for anyone who was at the game, or seen many BH games this season, who will be pushing/ should be selected in the next few weeks?...

How did Vandenberg go? I notice in a BH website photo that Vanders is in his tracksuit for yesterday's team song - injury?

Hmm Tuck in the best again, might be a show against the Tigers next week.
Tuck was very good yesterday. Do the BH coaching staff have blinkers. Not to have Murphy in the best is a joke! He is their most consistent player week in week out and should be in line for a call up.

Good to see Suckling make his debut. Didn't get much of a go until the last quarter where he picked up plenty of possessions playing off a wing / half back. Didn't seem to have an opponent, but never the less used the ball really well and should be happy with how he went.

Shore played a good game in the end. Pity he dropped three marks in front of goal in the first quarter and he would have had a better day!

Renouf started up forward. What are they doing with him? The last two weeks he has looked as though he is being played way out of position. He's like a race horse that needs a good run.

Tuck was very good yesterday. Do the BH coaching staff have blinkers. Not to have Murphy in the best is a joke! He is their most consistent player week in week out and should be in line for a call up.

Good to see Suckling make his debut. Didn't get much of a go until the last quarter where he picked up plenty of possessions playing off a wing / half back. Didn't seem to have an opponent, but never the less used the ball really well and should be happy with how he went.

Shore played a good game in the end. Pity he dropped three marks in front of goal in the first quarter and he would have had a better day!

Renouf started up forward. What are they doing with him? The last two weeks he has looked as though he is being played way out of position. He's like a race horse that needs a good run.

Great to hear Hawks Radar, thanks for the news

i guess this is a positivem but nonetheless a hard decision...
who will we promote from the rookie lise, so far McEntee, Gibson, Collins and Suckling, with a few more weeks under there belt could all show they deserve to be promoted. i hope we have enough room for the

maybe even bargain eith AFL:cool:...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Box Hill Hawks kept their finals hopes alive with a strong 38-point home win against Port Melbourne yesterday.
They handled the tricky wind and muddy centre area better than Port and played a hard-running game featuring smart teamwork.
"We were pretty persistent," Box Hill coach Damien Christensen said.
"We just wanted to get a player free so he could kick the ball properly."
Midfielder Travis Tuck worked hard for the Hawks and, significantly, utility Beau Muston showed signs he was starting to come on.
"He has looked quicker over the last few weeks," Christensen said.
"He has missed a year and a half of footy after he did his knee.
"He has taken until this time of the year to find his place and where he is on the footy field."
Christensen said Muston had shown indications of the heights he could reach.
Hawthorn captain Richie Vandenberg, returning from injury, played the first half and had 14 possessions.

The sleeping giants are waking up!! :thumbsu:
Tucky and Musto: 5 Brownlows between them! :D

Can anyone provide me with any information on a guy called Breese who was named in your best players this week?

Can anyone provide me with any information on a guy called Breese who was named in your best players this week?

it's not much, but i guess something

played for eastern rangers
trained with the hawks during preseason

Ryan Breese

Number: 13 Date of Birth: 27/11/86 Height (cm): 179 Weight (kg): 77 Previous Clubs:
Eastern Ranges / Croydon

Still in the rehabilitation stages of a full knee reconstruction, Breeser is well ahead of schedule and is hopeful of a mid-season return.

http://www.boxhillhawks.com.au/news-read.aspx?NewsId=255
just ctrl f to find him in the article

it's not much, but i guess something

played for eastern rangers
trained with the hawks during preseason

Ryan Breese

Number: 13 Date of Birth: 27/11/86 Height (cm): 179 Weight (kg): 77 Previous Clubs:
Eastern Ranges / Croydon

Still in the rehabilitation stages of a full knee reconstruction, Breeser is well ahead of schedule and is hopeful of a mid-season return.

http://www.boxhillhawks.com.au/news-read.aspx?NewsId=255
just ctrl f to find him in the article

Played his first senior game against Sandringham about 5 weeks ago and was very influential 25-0dd touches. He's been in the best most weeks since and racks up the possessions in the midfield. He was a really important inclusion because BH were really lacking in the midfield. Coach was waiting for him to come in, injured for a while before i think. Doesn't really standout but gets a lot of the ball, goes under the radar a little bit.

for anyone who was at the game, or seen many BH games this season, who will be pushing/ should be selected in the next few weeks?...

How did Vandenberg go? I notice in a BH website photo that Vanders is in his tracksuit for yesterday's team song - injury?

Tuck and Musto have to be pushing for selection. Musto's got that X factor - pace/acceleration, if he gets his skills right he'll be right in the mix.

Murphy very unlucky not to be playing with Hawthorn like someone else mentioned he was probably the best on the weekend and was completely overlooked by the coach. He looks very strong in the VFL ready to make a big impression i think anyway.

Tuck has only played about 6 games but really impresses. Had his best game on the weekend (29 touches) raking left foot kick very similar player to Young/Birchall. Looks very classy.

Sam Gibson has been by far the best of the rookies this season and the best BH player. He has a little bit of everything and deserves to be promoted ahead of anyone else.

The coach seems to love Nick Smith - names him in the best every week but he gets very little of the ball compared to Murphy - but he did have 10 spoils on the weekend so he must rate his defensive skills.

BTW Vandenberg had 14 touches from memory - i think he only played the first half that's why he was in his tracksuit at the end. Wasn't great got run down in the first quarter - poor awareness but, overall not too bad.

Sam Gibson has been by far the best of the rookies this season and the best BH player. He has a little bit of everything and deserves to be promoted ahead of anyone else.
Don't think you can compared Gibson to the other rookies. He is older for a start and has played a couple of years of VFL football. The two rookies both missed the pre season and have struggled with injury since. Suckling got a chance in the ones last week and for the time he had on the ground he went well. Collins has hardly played because of the stress fracture in his foot.

Don't think you can compared Gibson to the other rookies. He is older for a start and has played a couple of years of VFL football. The two rookies both missed the pre season and have struggled with injury since. Suckling got a chance in the ones last week and for the time he had on the ground he went well. Collins has hardly played because of the stress fracture in his foot.

true, will they both be playing this week, or does Collins still have a while yet...?

Brent Renouf has to be getting a call up soon. They have been promising him a game since NAB cup. Playing well for Box Hill even though they have been playing him in ever position available. Kicked a bomb goal in the mud from inside the square on the weekend too. He should go in and Taylor come out.

Brent Renouf has to be getting a call up soon. They have been promising him a game since NAB cup. Playing well for Box Hill even though they have been playing him in ever position available. Kicked a bomb goal in the mud from inside the square on the weekend too. He should go in and Taylor come out.

No, Taylor should stay in with Robbie, working great together

would you mind explaning WHO exactly has been "promising" Renouf a game since the NAB cup...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back