Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill Hawks. Any scores

Just wondering if anyone has heard any Box Hill Hawks scores from today and how Thorp and the other Hawthorn listed players are doing.

Cheers

Re: Box Hill Hawks. Any scores

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors
Box Hill Hawks 3.3 5.6 8.11 9.11 (65)
Frankston 3.2 7.7 8.8 14.12 (96)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Thorp 3 Little 2 Muston Shore Renouf Dowler

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Ball Height Muston Thorp Shore Thurgood

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Box Hill Hawks: Nil
Frankston: Nil

Re: Box Hill Hawks. Any scores

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors
Box Hill Hawks 3.3 5.6 8.11 9.11 (65)
Frankston 3.2 7.7 8.8 14.12 (96)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Thorp 3 Little 2 Muston Shore Renouf Dowler

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Ball Height Muston Thorp Shore Thurgood

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Box Hill Hawks: Nil
Frankston: Nil

good to see :thumbsu:

Re: Box Hill vs Frankston, Sunday at City Oval

RB,

How was Thorp's game today? Anything to get excited about?

SH
Amazed that they have Thorp in the best. Two of his goals came from free kicks. Third was from a great contested mark. Was way below what he is capable of today. Made some unforced errors and didn't chase nearly hard enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazed that they have Thorp in the best. Two of his goals came from free kicks. Third was from a great contested mark. Was way below what he is capable of today. Made some unforced errors and didn't chase nearly hard enough.

Thanks HR. Sounds like we might have to wait a little while yet.

SH

Thorp is far more "ready" than Beau Dowler was when the Hawks gave him his 2 miniscule debut experiences last year. This week's big occasion for Ellis to continue, or Thorp's debut would not surprise. Still no "home" win for the Stangas..............not good for Bally's send-off, pumped in the last qtr. Any comments on Moss' or Breesey's game? This wasn't a ladder leader opposition, Frankston was only one possy higher. It has probably put paid to finals chances.

Saw the game today -first BHH game i've been to, I don't think moss played. I thought murphy was quite impressive in the first half, except for one clanger in the 2nd qtr that cost us a goal. I thought Thorp did ok considering he had to contest against two mostly - 1v1 he showed some good strength to shift his opponent. He seemed to have that presence to 'demand' the ball that I think Dowler was missing. Also that Muston got quite a bit of it in the backline mostly and capped it off with a great running goal in the last qtr ala his goal in the pre-season v Melbourne. Not sure about the non hawthorn players - didn't know their numbers :eek:

Frankston were way to quick for us. they were also better skilled.

Muston - played three quarters in the back pocket. Moved him up the ground in the last. He looks like Judd. Went okay needs to do more.

Murph - played mostly down back. Usual cool game.

Thorpie - played a stay at home FF. Looks good when the ball is in his vicinity. Left the goal area once when he chased an opponent. This guy is not fit. Doubt he will play ones this year.

Kennedy - very very good in close. Does not fumble and always gets his hands free. Played in the guts for most of the day. Cannot run at this stage but a lot to like.

McEntee - An almost incredible leap. Good tap ruck, covers the turf well but does not seem to find the pill too often.

Little - two goals. That's it.

Dowler - Played FF/CHF in the first half. Did not do too much. Spent most of the second half sitting down. Not a good sign.

Suzie - Played like a linking winger. Dont know why. He kicks like a ruckman.

Zac - Still cant read the ball in the air.

Thurgood - I reckon he has shed a few pounds. Good game until injured but we are kidding ourselves if we think he is going to make it.

Gibbo - Got a heap of it, disposal was poor.

Tucky - mainly off a HBF. OK but he needs to be better than OK.

No Morton, moss, Sucker or Collo.

BHH skills are poor. The talent we had on display should have been able to cope with Frankston.

Interesting that Thurgood made the best players. He did not play after half time and talking to some of the Box Hill officials they think he may have a broken leg.

Interesting that Thurgood made the best players. He did not play after half time and talking to some of the Box Hill officials they think he may have a broken leg.

Doesn't really matter. He is a definite delisting at the end of the year. FAR too skinny, doesn't have anythin about him that will make it into our team in the future.

Frankston were way to quick for us. they were also better skilled.​

Muston - played three quarters in the back pocket. Moved him up the ground in the last. He looks like Judd. Went okay needs to do more.​

Murph - played mostly down back. Usual cool game.​

Thorpie - played a stay at home FF. Looks good when the ball is in his vicinity. Left the goal area once when he chased an opponent. This guy is not fit. Doubt he will play ones this year.​

Kennedy - very very good in close. Does not fumble and always gets his hands free. Played in the guts for most of the day. Cannot run at this stage but a lot to like.​

McEntee - An almost incredible leap. Good tap ruck, covers the turf well but does not seem to find the pill too often.​

Little - two goals. That's it.​

Dowler - Played FF/CHF in the first half. Did not do too much. Spent most of the second half sitting down. Not a good sign.​

Suzie - Played like a linking winger. Dont know why. He kicks like a ruckman.​

Zac - Still cant read the ball in the air.​

Thurgood - I reckon he has shed a few pounds. Good game until injured but we are kidding ourselves if we think he is going to make it.​

Gibbo - Got a heap of it, disposal was poor.​

Tucky - mainly off a HBF. OK but he needs to be better than OK.​

No Morton, moss, Sucker or Collo.​

BHH skills are poor. The talent we had on display should have been able to cope with Frankston.​

Good to hear bout Musto.... how'd Renouf go?

Muston was great today. Clearly BH's best for mine. Pace and long kicking, nice. Renouf was good early but spent a lot of time on the bench in 2nd half. McEntee had a cracker of a second half. His stocks would have risen from today. Tuck, good in traffic and ahuge kick. Will make it. Murphy, good enough to be an AFL player for 150 games. Kennedy, another heavy traffic man with clean hands. Dowler, no grunt to his game?

Good to hear bout Musto.... how'd Renouf go?

Suzie went alright. The boy can run and he took one strong overhead mark. I like ruckmen to be ruckmen. They seem to be playing Renouf off a wing and he gets the ball okay but is not elite in his disposal.

He only played a short time as a tap ruck. I thought McEntee was better.

Glad to hear Muston having another good game, he's come out of his disinterested spell. Seems his move to HBF has been the instigator. I'm hoping he can get ball forward of centre and be a wing/HFF as i think he has the run and kicking to be another option with Young/McGlynn/Bateman as our outside runners who kick it inside 50 alot.

I'd like to see Muston in for Ellis somestage...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Box Hill Season 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back