Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I am banging on about pick 2 or band 1 and i still believe we can get it for the obvious reason

But nothing about trading for two first rounders where the F did you get that from

In that made up world of yours

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You definitely stated that it would be two first rounders for Dangerfield.

There was a Crows supporter who suggested it... & I assumed it was you... given you have been banging on about pick 2 like it's a given.

Apologies if it wasn't you as can't be bothered going though the whole thread to see who it was.
It was chase ME. And we will get two first rounders if goes to a trade

O you mean like how blues offered Williams band 1 compo contract when he has averaged 14 games per season over the same time?
Go on....

Difference being that Williams worked his way into the first team and wasn’t a walk up start like Crouch. Thanks for clarifying that he still has a better game per year average despite spending a good amount of time in the NEAFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha I can't believe some people think they'd get 2 firsts for Crouch. The Crows would be smart to take band 2 and run because at best you'd only get an end of first or early second round pick for him due to his off-field indiscretions. If I were Geelong and the Crows wanted to match the FA offer I would hope like hell they walk away. Ability wise he is worth a top 10 pick, but being a known drug user really lowers his value.

haha I can't believe some people think they'd get 2 firsts for Crouch. The Crows would be smart to take band 2 and run because at best you'd only get an end of first or early second round pick for him due to his off-field indiscretions. If I were Geelong and the Crows wanted to match the FA offer I would hope like hell they walk away. Ability wise he is worth a top 10 pick, but being a known drug user really lowers his value.
What percentage of players do u think are drug users in the AFL? Being in my mid 20’s id say over half the people i know at my age would do so.

What percentage of players do u think are drug users in the AFL? Being in my mid 20’s id say over half the people i know at my age would do so.
50%+ would nibble for recreational purposes I think.... wealthy 20 year olds who only get the off season for a few months a year would be up for a good time

This isn’t true. As a 26 year old with bonus points applied, Brad would need to be in the top 15% of earners aged 25 and over to be in the ballpark for band 1 free agency compensation.

That article supports my post. As per the article you posted, band 1 compo requires the player to be in the top 5% of players 26 and over. Band 2 (end of first round pick) is top 6% - 15%. Top 5% of players 26 and over roughly equates to having to be a top 20 player in terms of salary.

That article supports my post. As per the article you posted, band 1 compo requires the player to be in the top 5% of players 26 and over. Band 2 (end of first round pick) is top 6% - 15%. Top 5% of players 26 and over roughly equates to having to be a top 20 player in terms of salary.

You didn’t make that distinction. You suggested he needed to be top 20 of all player salaries, not of players aged 26 and over.

This is incorrect in any case, and ignores the impact of age on free agency compensation.

Being a 26 year old with 10 of a maximum 12 bonus points applied, he wouldn’t actually need to be in the top 5% of salaries to be ranked in the top 5% for the purposes of free agency compensation. Conversely, a >30 year old with zero bonus points would need to rely purely on salary to be ranked in the top 5% for FA (i.e would actually need a top 5% salary).

Last edited:
You didn’t make that distinction. You suggested he needed to be top 20 of all player salaries, not of players aged 26 and over.

This is incorrect in any case, and ignores the impact of age on free agency compensation.

Being a 26 year old with 10 of a maximum 12 bonus points applied, he wouldn’t actually need to be in the top 5% of salaries to be ranked in the top 5% for the purposes of free agency compensation. Conversely, a >30 year old with zero bonus points would need to rely purely on salary to be ranked in the top 5% for FA (i.e would actually need a top 5% salary).
Fair enough, the age does help and that will blow it out beyond 5%. But it isn’t going to be top 15% as you originally suggested. In 2019 there were 32 players above $800K almost all of them were 25 and older, with a large amount on similar bonus points to Crouch.

I still don’t see band 1 compo coming for less than $800K. If you were the Gold Coast Suns I’m sure the AFL would find a way but you aren’t.

Adelaide wont get pick two and Geelong wont want Adelaide to get pick 2...They have 3 first round picks, plus with the biddings it will dilute the talent of the top 20 picks... Even if Adelaide match, Geelong should walk away.. The crows will be stuck with his salary and a 3-5 year contract...If he didn't have the injury history i wouldn't mind trading for him, but he carries risk on and off the field...

Adelaide wont get pick two and Geelong wont want Adelaide to get pick 2...They have 3 first round picks, plus with the biddings it will dilute the talent of the top 20 picks... Even if Adelaide match, Geelong should walk away.. The crows will be stuck with his salary and a 3-5 year contract...If he didn't have the injury history i wouldn't mind trading for him, but he carries risk on and off the field...
Is the salary an issue most are saying he is worth bugger all considering the AFL average wage is 400k

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

just thought this is worth putting up here - not because it is about brad crouch but it follows on from those who still somehow think there is no bias in the media and that people don't try and set a narrative. Here is Tim Watson on Daniher (Watson just happens to be an ex Essendon great for any that might have lived under a rock)

Ahead of what’s expected to be a lengthy negotiation between Essendon and Carlton, Watson said there was little doubt that the Bombers would be wanting Carlton’s first pick in the draft, which is currently pick seven.

“Essendon would be eyeing off Carlton’s pick seven for sure,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“This is the thing, and it’s not an Essendon bias, but if you’re going to pay somebody (a lot of money) and give them a five-year deal, you rate them pretty highly and if you rate them that highly then it’s a first round pick.

Since when has what a club is prepared to pay for a player contract wise translated into draft picks paid for a player

just thought this is worth putting up here - not because it is about brad crouch but it follows on from those who still somehow think there is no bias in the media and that people don't try and set a narrative. Here is Tim Watson on Daniher (Watson just happens to be an ex Essendon great for any that might have lived under a rock)

Ahead of what’s expected to be a lengthy negotiation between Essendon and Carlton, Watson said there was little doubt that the Bombers would be wanting Carlton’s first pick in the draft, which is currently pick seven.

“Essendon would be eyeing off Carlton’s pick seven for sure,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“This is the thing, and it’s not an Essendon bias, but if you’re going to pay somebody (a lot of money) and give them a five-year deal, you rate them pretty highly and if you rate them that highly then it’s a first round pick.

Since when has what a club is prepared to pay for a player contract wise translated into draft picks paid for a player

Pick 7 for OOC Saad & Band 1 for Crouch belong in the same bullsh** basket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back