News brad ebert quits west coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the pick look nice for an actual reason or just because it's really really high up????!!!!?!?!111!!1!!11

hahah

probably coz its really high up:D

and by the time we get to our first draft pick, all the quality mids will be snapped up, which is what i think we need

Honestly would prefer Lycett to another Brad Sheppard(pick 6ish) Not saying Sheppard is bad just KPP/Ruck are in much greater demand and I loved what I saw of big Lycett.

Pick 28 + Ben Newton for Brad Ebert and WC 2nd round
or
Pick 28 + Pick 33 for Brad Ebert and WC 2nd round

Make it so..
Not really sure we would want to trade Newton to be honest, rated pretty highly by the club and has only been with us a year...

I would suggest the club will try our hardest to make it a straight swap for Pick 33/Pick 28 but I feel that it perhaps may not be enough.

Not sure where that leads us, but I dont think our club is going to screw over West Coast, nor would you guys want to do that to us.

Cant really see extra players being involved to be honest so not sure what will happen at this stage.

I know nobody is going to agree with me because once something is bigfooty group think, that's it, but Clark can be a dangerous forward.

Would be a fantastic pick up for the club, he would provide us with some real options both up forward and at the centre bounce.
Cox and Lynch won't last for ever.

Westcoast: Give up Ebert + 23, Gain: Mitch Clark.
Adelaide: Give up Pick 10, Gain: Ebert + 23
Brisbane: Give up Clark, Gain: Pick 10

FB: EMac
CHB: Brown
C: Naitanui
CHF: Clark
FF: Kennedy

Pretty awesome spine.

Not really sure we would want to trade Newton to be honest, rated pretty highly by the club and has only been with us a year...

I would suggest the club will try our hardest to make it a straight swap for Pick 33/Pick 28 but I feel that it perhaps may not be enough.

Not sure where that leads us, but I dont think our club is going to screw over West Coast, nor would you guys want to do that to us.

Cant really see extra players being involved to be honest so not sure what will happen at this stage.
One word: Threeway.

Need to drag in a third party to find a middle ground. It'll get done.

This was just posted in Adelaide for anyone interested.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...ll-on-brad-ebert/story-e6freco3-1226159696597

ADELAIDE has all but ruled out trumping Port Adelaide for homesick Eagle Brad Ebert.

West Coast has declared it wants to trade wantaway Ebert to the SA club which offers the best deal at next week's trade period.

But the Crows yesterday removed themselves from a bidding war, saying they have no more than a passing interest in the 76-game, 21-year-old, who has strong family ties to Port.

"We'll keep an eye on things to see what eventuates but in reality Port Adelaide is the best spot for Brad," Adelaide list manager David Noble said.

"We've had some dialogue with Justin Reid (Ebert's manager) and he has indicated Brad wants to play at Port, which we understand.

What a ****

That would rule us out of being part of the Adelaide trade to help get Clarke over here.

Honestly would prefer Lycett to another Brad Sheppard(pick 6ish) Not saying Sheppard is bad just KPP/Ruck are in much greater demand and I loved what I saw of big Lycett.

Only like 2 good players in the list (from last year):

1986: Richard Cousins to Footscray from Central District (SA) - 60 AFL games.
1987: Andrew Rogers to Essendon from Woodville (SA) - 8 games for Essendon and then 75 with Geelong.
1988: Ray Sterrett to Geelong from East Fremantle (WA) - 20 AFL games.
1989: Mark Brayshaw to North Melbourne from Claremont (WA) - 32 games.
1990: Allen Jakovich to Melbourne from Woodville (SA) - 47 games for Melbourne and then 7 games with Footscray.
1991: Paul Burton to Sydney from Claremont (WA) - 0 games.
1992: Robert Pyman to North Melbourne from Woodville-West Torrens (SA) - 16 games for North, 7 with Collingwood and then 16 for Melbourne.
1993: Trent Cummings to Fitzroy from Central District (SA) - 27 games for Fitzroy and then 2 with West Coast.
1994: Robert McMahon to Fitzroy from Gippsland Power under 18s - 2 games.
1995: Daniel Healy to St Kilda from Central District (SA) - 38 games.
1996: John Rombotis to Port Adelaide from Fitzroy - 9 games for Port and then 13 with Richmond.
1997: James Walker to Fremantle from North Ballarat under 18s - 151 games.
1998: Murray Vance to Carlton from Murray Bushrangers under 18s - 5 games.
1999: Damian Cupido to Brisbane from Eastern Ranges under 18s - 13 games for Brisbane and then 40 with Essendon.
2000: Dylan Smith to North Melbourne from Sandringham Dragons under 18s - 11 games for North and then 10 with Fremantle.
2001: Ashley Sampi to West Coast from South Fremantle (WA) - 78 games.
2002: Steven Salopek to Port Adelaide from Dandenong Stingrays under 18s - 109 games.
2003: Kepler Bradley to Essendon from West Perth (WA) - 49 games for Essendon and then 36 with Fremantle.
2004: Tom Williams to Western Bulldogs from Morningside (Qld) - 56 games.
2005: Beau Dowler to Hawthorn from Oakleigh Chargers under 18s - 16 games.
2006: Mitch Thorp to Hawthorn from Tasmania under 18s - 2 games.
2007: David Myers to Essendon from Perth (WA) - 22 games.
2008: Chris Yarran to Carlton from Swan Districts (WA) - 22 games.
2009: Gary Rohan to Sydney from Geelong Falcons under 18s - 9 games.

Not a great number historically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westcoast: Give up Ebert + 23, Gain: Mitch Clark.
Adelaide: Give up Pick 10, Gain: Ebert + 23
Brisbane: Give up Clark, Gain: Pick 10

FB: EMac
CHB: Brown
C: Naitanui
CHF: Clark
FF: Kennedy

Pretty awesome spine.
Off topic, but you rate Brown that much? Has the body of a wreacking ball but a heart of a pea!
I'm not sold on Brown.
What are your thoughts?

He won't. He'll go at pick 2. :(

Agreed, so we have to get pick 2 then. :D

Off topic, but you rate Brown that much? Has the body of a wreacking ball but a heart of a pea!
I'm not sold on Brown.
What are your thoughts?

I think you're confusing injuries with heart.;) In the Wiz's drafting scout of the Browns the overriding 'strength' that he came up with was they would leave no stone unturned to get the most out of themselves.

I'm not sure where you're getting this no heart from. :confused:

Didn't most of us say the same thing about the Q stick up until this year as well? Body of Tarzan plays like Jane, if I remember one quote. ;)

Agreed, so we have to get pick 2 then. :D

I think you're confusing injuries with heart.;) In the Wiz's drafting scout of the Browns the overriding 'strength' that he came up with was they would leave no stone unturned to get the most out of themselves.

I'm not sure where you're getting this no heart from. :confused:

Didn't most of us say the same thing about the Q stick up until this year as well? Body of Tarzan plays like Jane, if I remember one quote. ;)
Well for starters, piss weak one on one. Shocking disposal and decision making more often than not. Not exactly beau waters in every contest either.

Well for starters, piss weak one on one. Shocking disposal and decision making more often than not.

But that's not heart, that's skill. :D Heart is going into contests and working your guts out when you're spent, that type of thing.

I don't agree that he's unskilled though, certainly doesn't appear to be the most polished, but when you can't get a good run at playing consistent footy, those things will be borne out. :thumbsu:

But that's not heart, that's skill. :D Heart is going into contests and working your guts out when you're spent, that type of thing.

I don't agree that he's unskilled though, certainly doesn't appear to be the most polished, but when you can't get a good run at playing consistent footy, those things will be borne out. :thumbsu:
I'll concede that last point. I remember being devastated when he did his ACL after that great game in Sydney years ago. He had so much promise.
Maybe I'm guilty of expecting a bit more after his initial performances.

Anyway, I still stand behind my comments, slightly softened as they are.:)

I'm with you, Fivey.

Don't get it :confused:

Even if they aren't interested, it's in their interest to drive up the price.

Maybe a deal has been done already?
Doubt it, though the clubs may be talking at least. ( I hope so :D)

Adelaide is in no position to make enemies out of any club, even port. I could imagine they are both proud SA clubs and would not want to make each other worse off.

Doubt it, though the clubs may be talking at least. ( I hope so :D)

Adelaide is in no position to make enemies out of any club, even port. I could imagine they are both proud SA clubs and would not want to make each other worse off.
I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed...

Adelaide FC are a classy organization and all that but this is a simple chess move. Business 101 type stuff. I highly doubt anyone at Port will go nuts if Adelaide showed interest in a young SA talent with plenty of AFL experience looking for a trade.

The news today makes me think we are trying to create leverage because we know we are in weak spot.

to be honest can't see us getting any more than port's second pick which is around 30 from memory. striaght swap

it's a shame port didn't finish higher because if they had pick 15ish we may have been able to get that for ebert which is overs for mine.

pick 30ish is about right. he's probably worth early to mid 20's but seen as though that pick isn't play anywhere we'll just have to settle. it's not like it's a huge downgrade anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back