News brad ebert quits west coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like Ebert and have hopes for him.

However, if we are to improve on thius year he will not get a regular game.

We should thank him for his time andeffort and let him go for the best deal we can winkle out of Port, possibly a three way effort. . Let he suffer as a Port player.

to be honest can't see us getting any more than port's second pick which is around 30 from memory. striaght swap

it's a shame port didn't finish higher because if they had pick 15ish we may have been able to get that for ebert which is overs for mine.

pick 30ish is about right. he's probably worth early to mid 20's but seen as though that pick isn't play anywhere we'll just have to settle. it's not like it's a huge downgrade anyway.

Heart breaking.

Pumped 70 odd games into a 13th pick and 4 years later he is 30th pick. Tears.

I hope we screw Port over and he ends up getting drafted to GWS.

Heart breaking.

The flipside reality check to that is

1. he was probably taken too high, based on what he has (or hasn't) show to date

2. it was a crap draft

3. he has nominated one club, thus weakening our bargaining power

positive for us i guess is that it opens up a spot for another young gun to have a crack at making his own

i would be happy with 28, all things considered

not interested in 33 and a player

Heart breaking.

meh wouldn't call it hearbreaking. i would consider him lucky to have been picked for 70 games. this isn't a sour grapes leaving thing. i've given very little praise to him all year aside from a handful of games he played well and without knowing off the top of my head i reckon most of those games were against ordinary opposition - i know i gave him top 2 or 3 on the field against melbourne in round 4ish.

considering a guy like koby stevens can't get a gig i think brad's been very lucky to get 70 games.

also gotta remember that 2007 draft was very very weak. probably the weakest draft there has been in the last ten years. it was unfortunate for us that it coincided with getting draft picks for chris judd. ebert wouldn't have been top 30 in the 2010 draft.

meh wouldn't call it hearbreaking. i would consider him lucky to have been picked for 70 games. this isn't a sour grapes leaving thing. i've given very little praise to him all year aside from a handful of games he played well and without knowing off the top of my head i reckon most of those games were against ordinary opposition - i know i gave him top 2 or 3 on the field against melbourne in round 4ish.

considering a guy like koby stevens can't get a gig i think brad's been very lucky to get 70 games.

also gotta remember that 2007 draft was very very weak. probably the weakest draft there has been in the last ten years. it was unfortunate for us that it coincided with getting draft picks for chris judd. ebert wouldn't have been top 30 in the 2010 draft.
His best game was vs. Geelong. Probably at the peak of his 2011 form that night.

its all true, these things you say. (well, except about the opposition, one of his 4 genuinely good games this year was against the cats)

ebo was sent forward this year because he played 2 years as a midfielder for us and didnt cut it. and while he improved alot this year he wasnt so good that he held his spot in the 22 to years end.

he will improve some more and be a decent long term player at port. not AA good, but he will play alot of good games for them. sort of the micheal braun, journeyman level player that every club needs.

im not disappointed hes leaving, im disappointed that we arent going to get good value for him. pick 28 is the most likely scenario, and in a weak draft the chances of getting an at-least journeyman are not great.

but hey, who knows, maybe we will pick another gun.

and you gotta remember, in scott selwood, we got the 4th or 5th best player in the 2007 draft anyway, we cant complain too much about ebo and notte

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His good games off memory were:

Adelaide, Melbourne, Geelong and Richmond.

Interesting they were all at Subiaco.

Ebert is 21 and going to be a good footballer and a very good leader. People who say we aren't losing anything need to stop focussing on just his kicking. He is highly rated at the club for a reason.

Amen brother. :thumbsu:

Ebert is 21 and going to be a good footballer and a very good leader. People who say we aren't losing anything need to stop focussing on just his kicking. He is highly rated at the club for a reason.
yep, if he goes to port for pick 28, we are going to have to rejig the saying, to

"to get quality, you have to give **** all"

and you gotta remember, in scott selwood, we got the 4th or 5th best player in the 2007 draft anyway, we cant complain too much about ebo and notte

Kruezer, Cotchin, McEvoy, Dangerfield, Rioli, Taylor, Ward, Pears... there were some good players taken in that draft.

I wonder if Ebert went into the ND (not the PSD) who would be the first to take him out of Adelaide & Port, assuming both were interested.

yep, if he goes to port for pick 28, we are going to have to rejig the saying, to

"to get quality, you have to give **** all"

Yep, if Port looks like screwing WCE it's time Woosha had a little word in his mate, Bluey McKenna's ear, to announce that GC might well pick up Ebert if he goes into the PSD, even if it was only for a year!!! Does not need to actually do it of course.

Yep, if Port looks like screwing WCE it's time Woosha had a little word in his mate, Bluey McKenna's ear, to announce that GC might well pick up Ebert if he goes into the PSD, even if it was only for a year!!! Does not need to actually do it of course.

Pick 28 would be fair - we are talking about a fourth year player judged by WCE to be outside their best 22 at the business end of the season.

Pick 28 would be fair - we are talking about a fourth year player judged by WCE to be outside their best 22 at the business end of the season.

I agree. 28 should be perfect. We don't think he's 'worthy' of a spot in our best 22, so why ask for more than 28 or so?

People say he's young and has upside but that's not fact, just an opinion....The upside...

I agree. 28 should be perfect. We don't think he's 'worthy' of a spot in our best 22, so why ask for more than 28 or so?

People say he's young and has upside but that's not fact, just an opinion....The upside...

Why would the Eagles ask for more? Because pick 28 in this draft probably won't get us a player as good as Ebert?

If you judge 'true value' as the pick required to have a better than even shot of replacing him with someone as good or better, then pick 28 is less than his true value. Of course, we might end up with pick 28 regardless.

You are kidding, aren't you? Pick 28? :(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back