Brad Gotch leaves Casey for Port assistant role

Remove this Banner Ad

May 25, 2009
Mt Buller Slums
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton FC, MVFC
PORT Adelaide has signed Brendan Fevola's VFL coach Brad Gotch as an assistant to Matthew Primus.

The former Fitzroy and St Kilda rover this morning accepted an assistant coaching position with the Power.

His two years in charge of Casey Scorpions produced top-four finishes that dissolved into straight-sets finals losses.

Gotch said he was thrilled to receive an opportunity to serve as an AFL "line" coach.

"(I'm) really excited about it. It's going to challenge me to be a good contributor and help get the club up and going again," he said.
"It's happened quickly. I only heard from (Port Adelaide) last Friday."

Will be interesting to see how much say the Dees have in the next appointment...

Will be interesting to see how much say the Dees have in the next appointment...

The media annoys me so much sometimes. Had to say, "Brendan Fevloa's VFL coach" didn't it?

Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Fev but might as well include his name in there to get someone to read it. Scummy crap.

Anyway good luck Brad, will miss your overly positive player reviews

The media annoys me so much sometimes. Had to say, "Brendan Fevloa's VFL coach" didn't it?

Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Fev but might as well include his name in there to get someone to read it. Scummy crap.

Anyway good luck Brad, will miss your overly positive player reviews

Had a quick look at the headline and did a double take, I thought it said that Port had signed Fev for a second!

I wonder if he rated Port's list as good?

No doubt :D :thumbsu:

The question is now who replaces him.

Will Neeld/Craig et al get a say in this? Should hope so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett Lovett named as replacement- welcome back Brett.

. FORMER Melbourne star Brett Lovett has been appointed Casey Scorpions coach for the next two years.

Lovett, who played 235 matches for the red and blue from 1986-97 (he sits 10th on the club’s all-time games record), said he was delighted to return to Melbourne via its VFL affiliate.

“It’s been 13 years since I’ve been at Melbourne and I played 13 years at Melbourne,” Lovett told melbournefc.com.au.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/default.aspx?newsid=126098

Told Fev he doesn't have a spot either, because Melb wants to develop its forwards. Nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Gotch leaves Casey for Port assistant role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back