Remove this Banner Ad

FOOOOTY

Premiership Player
RIP
Aug 27, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was very happy he was played there, we are easily a much better side with him forward.

Leave him there Bailey we have enough mids/emerging mids.

He was great there, another solid performance. No need to play as a mid as I think we have the kids who will spend the next 10 years in the middle & should give them time in that position but I want him to continue to push up outside the arc as if he gets the ball forward of centre his vision & delivery is second to none going forward.

I have been saying it for years.

He has always played his best footy as a forward. He is just fantastic to watch kick a footy from a set shot. Unfortunatly we have never had the cattle through the midfield and across half back to allow him to play forward. And of course we had robbo and neitz so the forward line wasn't an issue as it is now.

We all remember that game vs Port Adelaide where he had his breakout game on the wing. Unfortunately he's never progressed from being a 'good' midfielder. He's more damaging as a forward so let's keep him there.

Never understood why Green was postioned in the mid-field . Definatley a forward , with a straight kick like that he shouldn't be postioned anywhere but in the forward line.

Was very happy he was played there, we are easily a much better side with him forward.

Leave him there Bailey we have enough mids/emerging mids.

agree 100%, great lead, great mark, great kick
will get more years out of his body playing as a permanant forword

Yeah I agree he was great and his best spot is as a leading forward but what impressed me more on the weekend was how we actually HIT OUR TARGETS...seriously anyone can be a half decent forwards if the ball is out in front when your on the lead. Constantly last year, and even last week we just kicked the ball on top of our forwards heads which is heaven for a defender. All our forwards are natural leading forwards not bick pack marks.

Never understood why Green was postioned in the mid-field . Definatley a forward , with a straight kick like that he shouldn't be postioned anywhere but in the forward line.
The answer to your conundrum was already posted in this thread
Unfortunatly we have never had the cattle through the midfield and across half back to allow him to play forward. And of course we had robbo and neitz so the forward line wasn't an issue as it is now.

I think if Rivers returns this week, we should push Brucey forward as well and definitely so if Garland returns and plays down back. Were getting to the stage now were some players who are in our best 22 amy be squeezed out becuase their position is laready filled. For mine one of Bruce or Garland needs to play fwd.

I have also been saying this for a while now. I even said it on a thread 3-4 weeks ago. He has all the attributes for a key forward. He is the best set shot in the comp from anywehere insdide 55 metres - even Matty Lloyd said this during commentary - and he should know!

This might be an unpopular decision, but i believe we should drop Greeny's great mate Cam Bruce. He has done squat in the first few games and really doesn't seem to be showing any passion, and he's soft.

We should replace him with someone who seemingly wants it more and will give their all for 120 mins....Kyle Cheney or Tom McNamara perhaps???

This might be an unpopular decision, but i believe we should drop Greeny's great mate Cam Bruce. He has done squat in the first few games and really doesn't seem to be showing any passion, and he's soft.
1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

Bruce is indispensable.

Demonjim: have you watched the previous 2 games? He is perfect for the upcoming mids for example. Most people are saying we're missing the senior players. Well we have one that should have been elite bar a certain injury against st kilda who admittedently is not elite but a very good player.
Through this especially he would be one of the last people I'd drop.

I have also been saying this for a while now. I even said it on a thread 3-4 weeks ago. He has all the attributes for a key forward. He is the best set shot in the comp from anywehere insdide 55 metres - even Matty Lloyd said this during commentary - and he should know!

We should replace him with someone who seemingly wants it more and will give their all for 120 mins....Kyle Cheney or Tom McNamara perhaps???

Well id like to see either of those two do a defensive job like Bruce did on the weekend, cheney is more lose than Paris Hilton and Tom Mc is still developing, but a long way behind the likes of Joel Mac, Garland, Rivers as the third tall. Don't under estimate Bruces experience that really helps the younger backline out.

I still think when we get Garland back (if he doesn't go forward) Bruce has to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys - Bruce may be a great player, and has been a star for us for many year, don't get me wrong on that - i love his sublime skills.

I just think he's soft, possibly one of the softest players we have unfortunately. I don't think his form has been so good over the last 2 games but i'd be happy for him to prove me wrong. I think it's all about now - what's happening now - therefore, i think someone else could be given an oppertunity who gives everything for 4 quarters.

I'm not talking about the Cam Bruce of '04-06, player who racked up possies, kicked and marked beautifully & way always in our best. I'm talking about the Cam Bruce who plays for an average side, who doesn't seem to give his all when things aren't going well...

He certainly lacks the courage of...look i'll leave it at that. I guess i'm outspoken on this.

Bottom lime: When tough going gets tough....you know the rest.

Quote of the year: Cheney is more loose than Paris Hilton.......love it. Think some of you guys are being a little hard on Bruce, hasn't done much in 2 games but he is a genuine champ and will bounce back, a little early to wipe him.

Obviously going to be played up forward, but loved him playing the 'loose defending' role down back last year. He would just swoop in and take the contested mark.

Guys - Bruce may be a great player, and has been a star for us for many year, don't get me wrong on that - i love his sublime skills.

I just think he's soft, possibly one of the softest players we have unfortunately. I don't think his form has been so good over the last 2 games but i'd be happy for him to prove me wrong. I think it's all about now - what's happening now - therefore, i think someone else could be given an oppertunity who gives everything for 4 quarters.

I'm not talking about the Cam Bruce of '04-06, player who racked up possies, kicked and marked beautifully & way always in our best. I'm talking about the Cam Bruce who plays for an average side, who doesn't seem to give his all when things aren't going well...

He certainly lacks the courage of...look i'll leave it at that. I guess i'm outspoken on this.

Bottom lime: When tough going gets tough....you know the rest.
I think Bruce's skills are far from sublime.

He's definitely an outside player but I don't think he's that soft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Green forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back