Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

900k is at least two first round picks. Not very hard to grasp.
Lol, no it's not, don't forget that two years ago $740K PA or so was the equivalent of $900K PA now (before the 20% across-the-board pay increases).

Was $740K PA two first rounders?

Of course not! :D

And saying "two first rounders" is also super-vague, because that could mean two pick 1's, or two pick 18's, and I'm sure we all know they are two VASTLY VASTLY different things.

The two first rounders West Coast paid for Kelly are likely to be of far less value than the two we would have paid for Hill, had we accepted Freo's demand yesterday, for example.

One of ours could easily have been worth two of theirs, given that one of ours was pick 6, while their two could both be between 15 and 20.

Bullshit.

Bing or no Bing, no ones giving up pick 6 and a future first for Hill.

Sweet. He plays for us next year.

He might be a little disappointed, but he’ll get over it. He can’t possibly be so naive as to walk into this thinking Freo would facilitate a trade for anything less than a suitable trade (from Freo’s perspective).

He’ll want to play AFL next year for match payments etc. so there’s an incentive to do the right thing by us.

So, it’s really ok. He stays, he plays, maybe we convince him to stick around, maybe not. Either way, we get to keep our exceptional wingman another year and you keep your picks.

We’d probably be happy to do 12 + 2020 R1 for Hill + 2020 R2 but it seems no other Saints supporter agrees with a 2x firsts for player + second going back.
I'm realistic unlike most. Plus two mid firsts for hill assuming we finish around the 10-12 mark next year is perfect value for hill all things considered

From memory Neale was only one first & a minor upgrade in the late first/early second range.

I realise Treloar & Shiel went for two with a second going back.

Beames to Brisbane from memory was one & a second & player.

Gibbs maybe two firsts but late & with an early second coming back.

Despite the contract being substantial I don’t see Hill in the same category as Treloar & Shiel. Purely outside players generally don’t fetch as much. He’s not a ball winner which drops his value.

You’re right, StK won’t part with a future first. Just won’t happen. 12
& an early second with maybe a player will be the final offer IMO. I think it will get the deal done too. I know you’ll disagree but we’ll just have to wait & see.
12 + R2 + Player won’t get it done (unless it’s a player we want, which you won’t want to trade)

Treloar (OOC) + 65 for 7 + future R1
Shiel + R2 for 9 + future R1
Beams + 67 for 5, 25 + Crisp

Will take a deal of two firsts (one top ten) to get us back to the table.

For the hundredth time, can Saints fans please stop regurgitating the supposed deals spewed forth by Morris as gospel? You don't actually know the full details, and Morris is/was on the Saints payroll and can not be trusted.

It is logical to assume the Saints would have been asking for something back from Freo (e.g. pick 26), because these big deals always have multiple parts to both sides, and the Saints still need something for their other targets.

If the deal was 6 + 2020 2nd/3rd, and for Hill only, then I am sure Bell would strongly consider it and nut out a deal. We accepted similar for Neale. Bell is not the unreasonable tyrant people are trying to make him out to be. Has a proven track record of closing reasonably fair deals ... Neale, Hogan, Lobb and Langdon.

The situation is 100% the Saints fault because they can't get all the players they've promised contracts too, unless they get a bunch of clubs to accommodate them with one-sided deals.

Sweet. He plays for us next year.

He might be a little disappointed, but he’ll get over it. He can’t possibly be so naive as to walk into this thinking Freo would facilitate a trade for anything less than a suitable trade (from Freo’s perspective).

He’ll want to play AFL next year for match payments etc. so there’s an incentive to do the right thing by us.

So, it’s really ok. He stays, he plays, maybe we convince him to stick around, maybe not. Either way, we get to keep our exceptional wingman another year and you keep your picks.
Deal will get done and will upset saints fans and satisfy freo fans. It will be:
STK - Hill, Future 3rd
FREO - 12, Future 1st

Lol, no it's not, don't forget that two years ago $740K PA or so was the equivalent of $900K PA now (before the 20% across-the-board pay increases).

Was $740K PA two first rounders?

Of course not! :D

And saying "two first rounders" is also super-vague, because that could mean two pick 1's, or two pick 18's, and I'm sure we all know they are two VASTLY VASTLY different things.

The two first rounders West Coast paid for Kelly are likely to be of far less value than the two we would have paid for Hill, had we accepted Freo's demand yesterday, for example.

One of ours could easily have been worth two of theirs, given that one of ours was pick 6, while their two could both be between 15 and 20.
How many players in the comp do you think are on 900k plus? I would say 20-30 at the absolute maximum.

So that means Saints rate Hill in that percentage. Surely that means he is worth 2 firsts.

Deal will get done and will upset saints fans and satisfy freo fans. It will be:
STK - Hill, Future 3rd
FREO - 12, Future 1st

At least you’ll get a few likes from Freo supporters I guess.

Disagree. How could we agree to that when our original terms were pick six plus plus? He stays I reckon.

Maybe not HAHA!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many players in the comp do you think are on 900k plus? I would say 20-30 at the absolute maximum.

So that means Saints rate Hill in that percentage. Surely that means he is worth 2 firsts.
Surely the 900 is just to stop him wanting to go back to the Hawks for his true value in years and money and the Saints having to over pay to get a player to say yes to them.
The 2 first picks is the Freo fantasy price

To be honest, I don’t think we’re concerned with fair. We’d like to keep him and if the negotiation can be used as the cause of that, so be it.
But does he want to stay?

I have no idea what he is like as a person, but you don't want an unhappy player on your list.

If you keep him, all kudos to you guys. Same as if bombers keep Daniher, swans keep Papely and geelong last year with Kelly.

But does he want to stay?

I have no idea what he is like as a person, but you don't want an unhappy player on your list.

If you keep him, all kudos to you guys. Same as if bombers keep Daniher, swans keep Papely and geelong last year with Kelly.

From all outward impressions he’s happy. Gets to play with his brother next year assuming Stephen is fit. Doesn’t get the massive pay packet, but again, he was chasing a bit of instant financial gain (I don’t buy the gf stuff for a second) via a system that takes the control out of his hands. It’s almost a lottery with the amount of competing agendas. He can’t be too disappointed with the outcome.

So a lot of clubs now have their fate intertwined and it all focuses on the Saints

My prediction for the Saints trades and in effect, the rest of the trade period.

Geelong will eventually pony up 37

Port will take 18 for Howard and Ryder, that’s a good return for two guys they don’t want on their list anymore. If Saints can squeeze that 12 into 10 upgrade then good for us.

Dogs aren’t going to be able to have it all their way, Bruce is perfect for them and the Saints know it. They’ll give up 13 and a couple of their 3rds to move a second and a third into next year while getting Bruce and a 2nd this year

Freo will downgrade 22 for more points, get Hill for 12 (10 would be sweet) and 13 while trading a future 2nd or 3rd depending on who wants to have the biggest dick in the room

So a lot of clubs now have their fate intertwined and it all focuses on the Saints

My prediction for the Saints trades and in effect, the rest of the trade period.

Port will take 18 for Howard and Ryder, that’s a good return for two guys they don’t want on their list anymore. If Saints can squeeze that 12 into 10 upgrade then good for us.

Dogs aren’t going to be able to have it all their way, Bruce is perfect for them and the Saints know it. They’ll give up 13 and a couple of their 3rds to move a second and a third into next year while getting Bruce and a 2nd this year

Freo will downgrade 22 for more points, get Hill for 12 (10 would be sweet) and 13 while trading a future 2nd or 3rd depending on who wants to have the biggest dick in the room
You have far too much time on your hands. 😉😉😉

Love the thinking though.

We won’t be getting Saints future 1st.

I think it will be 12 and 13 with a future 2nd going back

really do think they (the club recruiters etc) do their bartering re picks with eyes on the points. So many deals the last few years, with multiple picks exchanged with the player, tend to indicate that.

THE pick 6 plus, say current 2nd if StK had of had it = about 2500 . Two picks say 12 and 13 = 2480. I think we initially wanted 6 as part of the trade because we had something in mind and it may have been the pick exchange with GWS that Stk went and did.Hard to know for sure until Belly tells all.

We won’t be getting Saints future 1st.
I think it will be 12 and 13 with a future 2nd going back

Is that any better than 6 + 2020 2nd? Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Just in case my own gang decide to lynch me, I have zero evidence to suggest St Kilda did actually offer 6 + future 2nd. Question in purely hypothetical.

Nothing will be going back in the hill trade if it 12&13 however something may be coming our way.

Doggies may do 13 and a future second /third swap to give them more currency for Hagan. Haven’t quite worked out that bit yet

I reckon it’s 10,13 and future fourth

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back