Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Time will tell my guess is he is going for less than what Freo dreamed off
That's generally how buying and selling works. Sellers dream of getting offered way overs. Buyers dream about getting a steal. In most cases it ends up somewhere in the middle satisfying neither parties' dreams but in the ballpark of what both expected. I can't see any reason why Freo would be desperate to sell - I can't see why they'd suddenly accept less than was offered previously but I also don't think StKilda were way outside what Freo would be willing to accept.

None of the above. It’s going to be two first rounders with one being 12 and the other being either 13 if you can get that from the doggies or 2020 R1 if you decide to prioritise bringing in Hill over having a shot at Bing next year.
If Bing is in play next year they’ll find a way of getting another first in if they trade it for Hill.

I’m resigned to him leaving. Most deals get done and the fact neither Freo or St KFC have spat the chewie gives me comfort that both sides are working to get it done. I’m sure Bell isn’t screwing with Brad’s family life just because he can, footy clubs do genuinely care for the welfare of their (and other teams’) players.

I’m equally sure that once the deal is done there will be Freo posters saying “we got what we wanted” and St KFC posters saying “hahaha, we bent you over and you took less than the original offer”. That’s BigFooty.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are the 2 most likely

Enlighten me on your 3rd
Max King done another knee, mccartin another concussion, Zac Jones and hanna fail to shine. B. HILL decide to nominate another club. Howard play like JOR, Ben King extend another two years with GC. RATTEN get the sack the second time. St Kilda become VIC version of Adelaide.

So you just choose to mention the 2 scenarios that suit your point of view?
[/QUOTE
They are the 2 most likely

Enlighten me on your 3rd
Forgetting about he get's injured, he changes his mind, he plays like Trent Croad, he gets hit by a car etc etc

1. he stays at Freo
2. Freo takes less than original offer
3. Freo gets more than original offer

It's the last option that many Saints fans (and others) seem to have a convenient blind spot to.
I'm very happy to go on record saying it will be 1 or 3 - if I'm wrong I will be happy to admit that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgetting about he get's injured, he changes his mind, he plays like Trent Croad, he gets hit by a car etc etc

1. he stays at Freo
3. Freo gets more than original offer

It's the last option that many Saints fans (and others) seem to have a convenient blind spot to.
I'm very happy to go on record saying it will be 1 or 3 - if I'm wrong I will be happy to admit that
Ill take 2 as the most likely

We will know in a few days

Ill take 2 as the most likely

We will know in a few days
Mate if you're correct I will dip my lid to your judgement - it just makes me laugh how so many people will not even consider the chance that Bell squeezes more out of the Saints than what they originally offered. Old Dinga may be a lot of things but a soft touch or idiot he is not.

Come on guys it’s only Essendon that’s hard to deal with. I’m sure this deal is done and they are just saving it to the final day for the drama

St Kilda offered 6 and a future 3rd, but hey don't let facts get in the way of your constant stream of thought diarrhea.
Haha, "facts"? Both the AFL's own website and by far the biggest footy paper in the country have been saying it was a future 2nd rounder that we offered with pick 6, not a third, but no, according to you it's just some guy on here "making things up"!

But they might get #13 as part of the Bruce trade (upgrading the #18). #12 and #13 is more than #6 and future 3rd.

I agree this is what might get the deal done.

Otherwise 12, future second and Acres.

I’d prefer 12 & 13.

If a bid for Henry comes before 12 it should only take up 12, but if it doesn’t come. We get 7, 12, 13 and Henry.
I think a bid will come for Butters late.
We will be able to take the other two NGA’s as Cat b.

Brad Hill= Tim Kelly

Therefore Pick 6 isnt overs, surely we can both agree on that.
Brad Hill = Tim Kelly?

Did you seriously just say that!?

Bwahahahahaha!!!! :D :D

Last year it was widely reported that we offered the inferior Dylan Shiel $1.4mil PA over multiple years.

If that's correct you can imagine how much we would have been offering Kelly, had he for instance been wanting to return to Vic, instead of to WA.

If we were willing to pay Shiel $1.4mil PA, it's hard to imagine we wouldn't have been willing to pay Kelly at least that much (given the fact he's clearly better than Shiel), which is at least 50% more than we've reportedly offered Hill.

Kelly- as someone who can play both inside, outside and kicks goals - is much better and more valuable than Hill. Much.

As in much.

Last edited:

The easy out for you is that no-one other than the negotiating parties are aware of what the original offer was.

Until I hear it from Bell and confirmed by Lethlean, or vice versa, then the original offer is just conjecture.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brad Hill = Tim Kelly?

Did you seriously just say that!?

Bwahahahahaha!!!! :D :D

Last year it was widely reported that we've offered the inferior Dylan Shiel $1.4mil PA over multiple years.

If that's correct you can imagine how much we would have been offering Kelly, had he for instance been wanting to return to Vic, instead of to WA.

If we were willing to pay Shiel $1.4mil PA it's hard to imagine we wouldn't have been willing to pay Kelly at least that much (given the fact he's clearly better than Shiel), which is at least 50% more than we've reportedly offered Hill.

Kelly is much more valuable than Hill.

Kelly is a better player. But the dockers are thin in the midfield and have brad hill contracted for two more years. He’s VERY valuable to them.

Value is subjective. St kilda are trying to get the only freo player who plays good reliable midfield minutes not names Nat Fyfe in contract, and then look staggered when they ask the world.

St kilda should come back next year when the threat of him leaving for nothing is more real.

So much revisionism on this thread its amazing.

To all the Freo supporters I have one question.

What came first - Brad Hill telling Fremantle (specifically Peter Bell) that he wants to leave Freo and return to Melbourne or St Kilda putting an offer before his manager?

There's also a decent amount of selective posting going on. My question was directly relating to the poster I was replying to using an employment analogy that itself was ridiculous and pretty unrelated to anything.

To answer your question Hill wanted to go to the Hawks last year reportedly so I'm guessing you guys put together your offer once you heard he was looking to come back to Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back