Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Saints are going to end up trading pick 6, their future first, Jack Steven and Josh Bruce for Bradley Hill, Dougal Howard, Paddy Ryder and Zak Jones.

Ooof.

You forgot Dan Butler 😀

So the Saints are going to end up trading pick 6, their future first, Jack Steven and Josh Bruce for Bradley Hill, Dougal Howard, Paddy Ryder and Zak Jones.

Ooof.
Wow.

12 and future 1st for Hill and future second

Get it done
Without agreeing with your comment about your club being dumb, they certainly don't seem capable of concluding deals, so I am not sure how just suggesting more and more deals you could get done is a realistic alternative.

Be fair Gav, we were not dissimilar re Lobb and Hogan and Neale, we lingered through difficulty but got there.

We expected Saints priority to be Hill and dealing with us re 6 plus... be a dumb club to not be looking at other opportunities as they arise though.

Ooof.

given the ben king news, it could be that bruce stays if the dogs dont come to the table. same with stuv at geelong.

Hey, I agree, including the future 1st would be an incredible win for us, I'm just surprised there are Saints supporters on here ok with it. Will be a question of how badly they want Hill

Those saints fans ok with paying 12 and next years first likely have some doe eyed notion that we'll finish mid table next year- so pick 12 and 10 with a 2nd rounder back is acceptable.

Fortunately for my view, I believe the club have earmarked next year as a bit of a writeoff, and will be well aware that we'd be handing something more like 12 and 5.

(If you believe the stories) Given our best and final offer from last week appeared to be around the 6 and future 2nd value (~23) mark- obviously thats a long way off the value of 12 and ~5.

Perhaps a decent quality player (not necessarily a saint) could be brought in the mix by us to try and attempt to resolve the impasse- but I think/pray hill stays unless freo accepts an offer in line with our original valuation of pick 6 and ~23.

It's always been a stretch for us to justify our need for a player like hill when we have such massive problems winning the ball in the first place, not to mention a stretch justifying the $$$ too.
He's a good player and we'd be better with him, but we need other contested ball winning mids WAAAAY more than hills style.

A well overs asking price could well be the straw that breaks the camel's back in the whole justification for pursuing him from our perspective.

Be fair Gav, we were not dissimilar re Lobb and Hogan and Neale, we lingered through difficulty but got there.

We expected Saints priority to be Hill and dealing with us re 6 plus... be a dumb club to not be looking at other opportunities as they arise though.
There is nothing I can think of that would of been a surprise regarding them wanting to trade for Hill. It is known he required and contracted, and clearly stated that a deal will only be considered on our terms. What those terms might be has been demonstrated by both Weller and Neale, with pick 6 being specifically required as part of the deal.

Deal with other opportunities for sure, but not if you lack the actual ability to multi-task. And really strange to try and use media pressure in the same way that has been tried in the past.

Anyway, don't care. Great deal thanks, or we keep Hill. Both good outcomes for Freo.

Without agreeing with your comment about your club being dumb, they certainly don't seem capable of concluding deals, so I am not sure how just suggesting more and more deals you could get done is a realistic alternative.

Why do you say we dont seem capable of concluding deals? Who have we missed out on after nominating us?

Those saints fans ok with paying 12 and next years first likely have some doe eyed notion that we'll finish mid table next year- so pick 12 and 10 with a 2nd rounder back is acceptable.

Fortunately for my view, I believe the club have earmarked next year as a bit of a writeoff, and will be well aware that we'd be handing something more like 12 and 5.

(If you believe the stories) Given our best and final offer from last week appeared to be around the 6 and future 2nd value (~23) mark- obviously thats a long way off the value of 12 and ~5.

Perhaps a decent quality player (not necessarily a saint) could be brought in the mix by us to try and attempt to resolve the impasse- but I think/pray hill stays unless freo accepts an offer in line with our original valuation of pick 6 and ~23.

It's always been a stretch for us to justify our need for a player like hill when we have such massive problems winning the ball in the first place, not to mention a stretch justifying the $$$ too.
He's a good player and we'd be better with him, but we need other contested ball winning mids WAAAAY more than hills style.

A well overs asking price could well be the straw that breaks the camel's back in the whole justification for pursuing him from our perspective.
If your club is not in contention and still in rebuild mode don't chase players. If your club thinks they have a shot at finals in the next 2-3 years Hill is a massive ingredient for you.

Why do you say we dont seem capable of concluding deals? Who have we missed out on after nominating us?
The first major part of the deal is getting them to nominate you. By the time that happens a contract has been sorted, and the manager would/should be confident that the club will make it happen The most recent example of you not managing that which I can think of is King.

Just thinking of Geelong with Hill in the side it has potential, could make it an intersting team to face. But Hill would have to take a pay cut and I'd say pay is a major reason for wanting to leave anyway.
Seriously st Kilda 900k was to much.

$900k gains exclusivity when negotiating the trade value.

Under Freo logic if the Cats were to offer $600k, Freo would accept a much lower trade offer, I'm presuming pick 20-30 ish.

Geelong play on a ground without wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first major part of the deal is getting them to nominate you. By the time that happens a contract has been sorted, and the manager would/should be confident that the club will make it happen The most recent example of you not managing that which I can think of is King.
Wait what???

I know it is early days, kind of, but do Saints supporters think the club have the right personnel in place in Lethal and Gubby, or do you think their positions may be questioned? What end results do they need to get from this trade week to get a pass mark?

$900k gains exclusivity when negotiating the trade value.

Under Freo logic if the Cats were to offer $600k, Freo would accept a much lower trade offer, I'm presuming pick 20-30 ish.

Geelong play on a ground without wings.

I think 2 years still contracted plays a huge part in this. Fremantle has to take a stand and show that if you're offering big contracts to players with 2 years still to run on their current contract, you'll have to throw in overs in the trade deal

I think 2 years still contracted plays a huge part in this. Fremantle has to take a stand and show that if you're offering big contracts to players with 2 years still to run on their current contract, you'll have to throw in overs in the trade deal
Massive. The other thing is that in his position Hill is at the top of the mountain. He effects games. He is very difficult to replace.

I know it is early days, kind of, but do Saints supporters think the club have the right personnel in place in Lethal and Gubby, or do you think their positions may be questioned? What end results do they need to get from this trade week to get a pass mark?
Well for one, you can’t judge a trade period after this week.

I've heard that Bell is now going for 12 + 2020 R1 + Moarrrrrrrrrrr
Failing to get the Hill trade done....what implications would it have for their salary cap which they clearly seem to be struggling to spend? Do the lose it? Do they cop a penalty? Or do they end up frittering it away on their B graders?

that's fair

but from a Saints perspective all we've done is put an offer in on a player who's indicated prior to our interest that he wants to leave.

We're just here to take advantage of the situation, if we were poaching then we should/would need to overpay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back