Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Acres is a salary dump. Stop mentioning him. St Kilda would have to give Freo picks to take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that happens our side looks much better. You always seem to knock what we do, so what would you do?

Don’t know if there’s much of an alternative at this point.

Captain Hindsight would probably recommend planning to have a decent collection of draft picks the year that you elect to take your cap space to the market, so that you don’t get wedged on deals.

As far as things still within control, I wouldn’t trade next year’s first for Hill irrespective of Ben King’s contract. If that means the Hill deal falls over, so be it.

Acres is a salary dump. Stop mentioning him. St Kilda would have to give Freo picks to take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are aware that St Kilda is paying 95% cap floor and are front ending a lot of deals to reach that.

There is nothing I can think of that would of been a surprise regarding them wanting to trade for Hill. It is known he required and contracted, and clearly stated that a deal will only be considered on our terms. What those terms might be has been demonstrated by both Weller and Neale, with pick 6 being specifically required as part of the deal.

Deal with other opportunities for sure, but not if you lack the actual ability to multi-task. And really strange to try and use media pressure in the same way that has been tried in the past.

Anyway, don't care. Great deal thanks, or we keep Hill. Both good outcomes for Freo.

:thumbsu: spot on....and that was my point in an earlier post (not the one to you)...we do our business as we see we need to and they do their's same, because we really do not know each others business per se except for what is communicated between the negotiating parties.

last year we had more petrol in the tank, they had the bare minimum to accommodate us re Hill...their problem and from our perspective they compromised the negotiation. I'm with you, really does not matter if he is traded or not for what we requested.

Think you are safe there. No one appears to be pushing for Acres to come or to go. The only way he becomes a factor is if he requests it.

Our shiny new coach worked with Aish at Collingwood, and Menadue will cost next to nothing. Saints fans have at times seen Acres as a major factor in the trade. Those are the differences.

I’ve been an unashamed Acres fan for a long time. He has put together some elite games of football & has some athlete attributes. His problem has been injuries & consistency. He’s likely on his last chance now though so hopefully he puts it altogether...hopefully at the Saints.

Well overs but after St Kilda have shown their hand and Ben King has been taken off the table, Belly knows that they've backed themselves into a corner here and need to be seen to get these deals done. It would be a bad look to have all theses playrs nominate you to then not be able to get the deals done.

My guess is it will be 12 + 2020 R1 + a 2019 R2 > Hill + 2019 R3

Possible its that but without the 2020 second rounder. To be honest if we got 12 and Saints 2020 1st then I'd see us sending a 2nd rounder back.

Looking at draft points it rates BHill at about 2200-2300 points around pick 4 and we get our hands on two first rounders.

The Kelly trade saw Kelly conservatively worth about 2800 points give or take or around pick 2 in the draft.

The difference between Kelly and and BHill in this situation is about 500-600 points (or a third round pick). One contracted, one not. Kelly the btter player and worth a bit more even uncontracted. For me this is the minimum deal worth.

For me to be ok with losing BHill basically Freo can't accept anything worse than...

Pick 12 + Saints 2020 1st for BHill + 2020 2nd

Acres name has been bandied about in the media so he’s completely relevant to the topic. It’s no different to you mentioned a variety of draft picks.

Except reports are that we aren't keen. We wouldn't be after Menedue and Aish if we saw Acres as a part of the Hill deal imo.

Except reports are that we aren't keen. We wouldn't be after Menedue and Aish if we saw Acres as a part of the Hill deal imo.

Yup I saw those reports, I also saw reports of picks requested by Bell declined by St Kilda, perhaps we should change the parameters of the discussion to exclude all talk about future first round picks & Blake Acres?

Anyway, to avoid further mud slinging I’m predicting 2 X FRP’s for Hill & 1 x SRP, as much as it pains me to say. Hill is contracted & we no longer have the ‘Ben King’ excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup I saw those reports, I also saw reports of picks requested by Bell declined by St Kilda, perhaps we should change the parameters of the discussion to exclude all talk about future first round picks & Blake Acres?

Anyway, to avoid further mud slinging I’m predicting 2 X FRP’s for Hill & 1 x SRP, as much as it pains me to say. Hill is contracted & we no longer have the ‘Ben King’ excuse.

No worries. That's exactly the deal that I just posted.

Wally that aint happening and you know it - not the least because like I was arguing with old mate last night, I'm pretty sure that trade isnt legal
Possible its that but without the 2020 second rounder. To be honest if we got 12 and Saints 2020 1st then I'd see us sending a 2nd rounder back.

Looking at draft points it rates BHill at about 2200-2300 points around pick 4 and we get our hands on two first rounders.

The Kelly trade saw Kelly conservatively worth about 2800 points give or take or around pick 2 in the draft.

The difference between Kelly and and BHill in this situation is about 500-600 points (or a third round pick). One contracted, one not. Kelly the btter player and worth a bit more even uncontracted. For me this is the minimum deal worth.

For me to be ok with losing BHill basically Freo can't accept anything worse than...

I was talking about a R2 this year, not next. As long as the Saints don't also trade their 2020 R2 or R3, that deal is legal. Bell is beggin for the Saints to call his bluff now. St Kilda have definitely bitten off more than they can chew.

I was talking about a R2 this year, not next. As long as the Saints don't also trade their 2020 R2 or R3, that deal is legal. Bell is beggin for the Saints to call his bluff now. St Kilda have definitely bitten off more than they can chew.
We are not getting more than any player since Judd for Hill.

12 and a future 1st with a 2nd back would be an incredible deal

No worries. That's exactly the deal that I just posted.

i'm not sure Bell would send anything back, maybe a 3rd..
They'll use a future second to trade back into this draft after the Henry bid is done and pick up one of the East Freo youngsters, possibly Sharp

i'm not sure Bell would send anything back, maybe a 3rd..
They'll use a future second to trade back into this draft after the Henry bid is done and pick up one of the East Freo youngsters, possibly Sharp

It might be a third but I guess I'm saying if push comes to shove then I can live with a second going back.

Freo supporters - a future 1st with 12 and only a 3rd going back would very likely be more than any trade since Judd.

Brad Hill is an elite winger not one of the greatest players to play the game

a future 1st and 12 with a 2nd back would be a mammoth deal considering its very likely that future 1st is top 10

Reckon it would actually suit Freo to give 22 instead of a future wouldn't it?

22 will only be gobbled up by Henry

Saints could give a couple of late picks to help out with points.
i dont think that would be even necessary tbh. I'm sure we could find a way to turn our future 2nd and 3rd into close to enough points.

We would clearly ideally keep 22 though

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back