Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I said way back that i thought 6 and Acres would be about the place. If it turns out at 10, future 2nd and Acres i'm not going to be too disappointed.

I think if we come out of the period with 7,10, 22, Aish and Acres it can be seen as a good trade period again for us.

Losing 2 good players isn't ideal obviously but for their own reasons they wanted out so good luck to them.

I don't think people hate him, but he seems to come out chest puffing for deals. To ask for 6, a future 1st and a 2nd or 3rd or whatever was clearly overs and everyone knew it. He is now accepting less. Said he had no interest in Acres and is now trading for him.
You can't help but laugh.

Breaking news, list manager asks for an over the top price and then meets somewhere in the middle

Would love to know why so many people on big footy hate Bell , i can't see any basis for it
Cause they believe the shite peddled by the eastern states based media. Don't hold your breath waiting for any of them to acknowledge that he's done agreat job - only exception so far was MClure this morning " Freo has come home well in the Hill trade"

but do you accept Saints walked out of a meeting earlier re Hill and now Bell has backflipped.
No I don't believe that, maybe I have purple glasses on I don't know. I do believe Saints could never do all there deals without breaking pick 6 just like freo did last year, which then leads me to believe that if pick 6 was offered they openly said they needed something back( R2) which we said no way. So 6 minus a R2, is not pick 6 a future 1st and a future 2nd. The fact the trade wouldn't be within the rules should also suggest it was never what was asked for.

If i was Bell I would ask for 6 and a future first, and you start dealing from there, with your goal to be 6 a future 1st and giving back a 2nd rounder

Sorry, How does Freo walk out of this as a win. Bell said that he wouldn't trade Hill unless it was for two first round picks, all Grow fans said good in him we want Hill to stay. Now you get Pick 10 ,less than the pick 6 we offered first time round; Blake Arches, injury prone underachiever who looks like he doesn't care above AFL; and some lousy pick in the 50's. So essentially you caved for a future 1st and took a future 2nd. Freo are WINNING.

Yeh, if you guys are happy with how things have gone then thats cool.

I think journos who have blatantly made stuff up need to be accountable, but if the option is between 6 and a future 3rd (which bell apparently rejected) or 10 and a future 2nd with 58 as a sweetener its probably around the same if not a little more.

Sorry, How does Freo walk out of this as a win. Bell said that he wouldn't trade Hill unless it was for two first round picks, all Grow fans said good in him we want Hill to stay. Now you get Pick 10 ,less than the pick 6 we offered first time round; Blake Arches, injury prone underachiever who looks like he doesn't care above AFL; and some lousy pick in the 50's. So essentially you caved for a future 1st and took a future 2nd. Freo are WINNING.
You've conveniently missed the second rd pick and there are plenty of people who don't describe Acres the way you do.
Also I'm pretty sure the way negotiations work is start high and meet somewhere in the middle?
All that said I don't think it's about "winning" trades at this stage - can't assess the whole thing for a few years ie how will Hill go? Will Freo draft well? Will Acres play well? etc

Where did he say this? I am an avid freo fan and have not seen any commentary from our club on this deal. Prior to trade period he said he would only do a deal that benefits the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hink journos who have blatantly made stuff up need to be accountable,
Will never be accountable in AFL for the same reasons we have rules that can be 50/50 interpreted by umpires. It creates noise, news and something to talk about all good at keeping AFL the center of attention

I get not wanting to lose this trade but the sudden rating of Acres from some of our fans is truly hilarious. nearly all of us thought he was useless before yesterday. suddenly hes become this great untapped talent with yeo like potential??

weve been played here. sucked in by the hype that saints fans place on him. even the goat wrap they give him is just an inside joke when most of them know hes just a plodder.

lets not pretend getting him is a bonus. in fact weve done the saints another favour by helping with their tight list spots.

also i reckon acres would be feeling pretty crap. sure he gets to come home for 2 or 3 yrs. but it must suck knowing u were tossed out at the last min and were headed to a club thats never really wanted u there in the first place.

I have it on good authority Brad Hill's 2nd cousin is moving to Adelaide in 2022 and Hill will seek a trade to Adelaide for 'family reasons', the exact same time the crows will offer a 4 year contract worth 900k a season. What would St Kilda fans expect in return?
We'd bend the crows over for 2 first round picks or we'd be happy to keep him.

I get not wanting to lose this trade but the sudden rating of Acres from some of our fans is truly hilarious. nearly all of us thought he was useless before yesterday. suddenly hes become this great untapped talent with yeo like potential??

weve been played here. sucked in my some of the hype that saints fans place on him. even the goat wrap they give him is just an inside joke when most of them know hes just a plodder.

lets not pretend getting him is a bonus. in fact weve done the saints another favour by helping with their tight list spots.

also i reckon acres would be feeling pretty crap. sure he gets to come home for 2 or 3 yrs. but it must suck knowing u were tossed out at the last min and were headed to a club thats never really wanted u there in the first place.

3 years for him is a disgrace. Him, Colyer and Kersten coming in on 3 year deals are huge head scratchers. I can understand during a rebuild wanting mature bodies to protect draftees. 2 Years to keep them accountable should be the max for fringe B22 players.

Unbelievable.

weve been played here. sucked in by the hype that saints fans place on him. even the goat wrap they give him is just an inside joke when most of them know hes just a plodder.

Apparently he was gonna be on 500k next season so its just as much a salary dump too. But he does have potential, we've been waiting 6 years year for it to be consistent but you never know, a change of scenery, him going back home and hopefully being played in the right position might unlock it all. If thats the case then you get a bargain for a future 3rd.

3 years for him is a disgrace. Him, Colyer and Kersten coming in on 3 year deals are huge head scratchers. I can understand during a rebuild wanting mature bodies to protect draftees. 2 Years to keep them accountable should be the max for fringe B22 players.

Unbelievable.
Might be 2 years with performance triggers for a 3rd?

Unbelievable.

Exactly. Make no mistake, by taking him on for 3 years it feels like a charity case

Apparently he was gonna be on 500k next season so its just as much a salary dump too. But he does have potential, we've been waiting 6 years year for it to be consistent but you never know, a change of scenery, him going back home and hopefully being played in the right position might unlock it all. If thats the case then you get a bargain for a future 3rd.

thats right it's just potential. the point is hed done nothing to justify an extension of his contract beyond next year yet freo feel fit to give him 3 yrs?

We're just gambling.

I love how BF posters always pick and choose the media reports that support the narrative they want. The reporting on this whole trade has been woeful. People referencing things that were guessed by media people just trying to get a scoop as if it is fact are idiots.

At the start of this trade most St Kilda posters were saying pick #6 straight swap would be overs and Freo should give back a 2nd/3rd. Most of the (somewhat) credible media was about Hill being worth about pick #6 in a straight swap. Most Freo fans were hoping for #6 and another first rounder.

Both St Kilda and Freo had business to be done outside this trade so it was never going to be as simple as a straight swap.

The deal hasn't gone through yet but it seems almost certainly between St Kilda fans expectations and Freo fans expectations from the start. Anyone on either side gloating looks embarrassing. I'm pretty sure Bell and Gallagher don't give a toss what us BF nuffies think, and seemingly based on all the evidence they don't rate the opinions of footy journos that highly either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back