Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kel
saints going to quickly run out of picks with other moves they still need to get done. Dockers need to hurry up I feel or they will have a angry player and manager on there list in 2020
He did not seem that angry and at its reported that Hill is happy with the club.

We just wait and let the media and others yell at clouds in the interim.

We'd be happy to keep him.

If the trade goes through in a few days most people will forget the posturing that's been going on now.

Freo are handling this pretty well I reckon. They'll either win big in the trade or end up with an unhappy player still on their list. Up to them which it is but I think Freo's management are certainly doing the right thing for their club.

So are St Kilda, its just the usual campaigners on here that fully expected it to go one way that are losing their minds.

Does a deal get done? Probably. Does either club lose face if it isn't? Not really.

Fair enough- so how would you rank your depth chart?

1.Danger
2. Selwood
3. Kelly
is how I had it

Kellys the guy who looks great as he wont get as much attention comparative to Joel and Danger

Kelly was the no.2 but they were the two mids far and away best at Geelong all year was a gulf.

Selwood allegedly had knee issues and really struggled most of the year. Mitch Duncan had a much better year than selwood

So you think that the List Managers are driven by how they look in the media, rather than doing what is best for their club?

If that is Bell's mindset then this trade is doomed.
I think you could easily ascertain from Bell's dealings to date that he doesn't actually give a rat's tossbag what the media thinks.

Your second part of the comment is all that matters
I agree, but I wonder at what point it will start the impact them negatively though (Possibly even now with the Hill trade?). They're good at playing very hard ball but you don't want to get too much of a reputation for unrealistic expectations and demands that teams just get sick of even trying to deal with you.

I think the issue is the money the saints are offering no other club wants to touch that
But if he really wants to get to Victoria, then he will take the 600-700k ish that he will get from other clubs even if it's 200-300k less than St Kilda are offering.

If, let's just say Bulldogs, offer Hill 700k (let's just say 200k less than Saints) and are offering Freo a deal that they would accept, would he choose to stay with Freo or go to Dogs?

A little bit of context required really good second season he played 10 games.

Critical to hawthorn winning those flags I have a feeling the three peat happens regardless of brad hill. Might have put a tub of mayo on it but I will cop it.

Priddis played about 2 games his first season.

I think barlow only played 20 odd in his first two years.

I'm just saying nobody really puts together first two seasons like that and ends an all Australian level mid year two. It's rare Zorko is pretty good.

That was the question who has come in a put together two seasons better straight off the bat.

If you think Kelly was 3 on the depth chart at Geelong you haven't watched much footy all year.

Regardless of all that forget it, there is no brad hill market you value him as highly as you like. Keep him if you never wanted to trade him why is freo unhappy with negotiations that should be exactly what you want keep the player.

If you find another vic club to come in and make an offer I'm talking anything I will consider this not a waste of everybody's time.

With Barlow, didn't he have about 15 brownlow votes his first season up until the game where the collision with Rhys Palmer broke his leg ??

Where are our people? Why aren't they coming out in response?
Those headlines yesterday shamed our club.
"Saints give Freo the middle finger"
"Freo fast gaining a bad reputation among other clubs"
"Greedy Dockers get done"

But headlines yet we here crickets from our club.

It's pathetic that no one is out there on all the networks defending our club. Lazy and incomplete duds.

and it's left to the everyday freo fan to fly the flag.
Stop blaming some national or vicco conspiracy. Blame our own useless reps. Do your f'ing jobs!

Who cares mate - West Coast say nothing, ever and it works for them.

Trades happen at AFL House not on Bigfooty or Trade Radio - there is no indication from either club that this is not still an active deal.

Cal Toomey said St Kilda (on Oct 2) would split the pick ....aside from Trade Radio which lets face it need to invent drama to break up the 'Hi it's Johnny from South Hoosierville - I have a 12 team trade to run by you' telephone calls....no one has really indicated very much at all (unless I've missed it).

Everyone saying they can't see how this deal gets done, it will be hard but I'd quite happily consider 12 and a couple of picks late teens-early 20's ...either directly or indirectly through St Kilda. This is why I'd imagine the 3 min convo with Bell would have been more along the lines of if you won't take 6 - just letting you know that we're breaking it up to get player X and we'll represent once we have worked out Stevens and Bruce.

I know Henry is getting bid on but if we have 12 and then 2 early 20 picks and Henry is bid on at say 15 costs us about pick 22 .....which is basically the Melb upgrade.

It's not easy but it is still possible. Heck maybe we'll send the future Melb 2nd rounder to St Kilda for the Ben King war chest.

Last edited:
With Barlow, didn't he have about 15 brownlow votes his first season up until the game where the collision with Rhys Palmer broke his leg ??

Yeah but he got severely injured and then missed half of his second season. As I said played 20 odd games his first two years. I can't change history of what happened.

Freo the last 2-3 years seem like one of the biggest pain in the ass teams to deal with imo. Always want the world for their players and don't want to give up much when trading someone in.

They have pulled off some great trades though from it
This is the most common misconception that people have against Bell. Sure he demands way overs for contracted players but we give up more than our fair share for opposition player and also accept unders for players who are un-contracted, with the most recent being this morning in Ed Langdon.

We gave up quite a lot for Hogan and Lobb last year with Bell in charge and also paid heavy prices for Wilson and McCarthy with Rosich in charge.

But if he really wants to get to Victoria, then he will take the 600-700k ish that he will get from other clubs even if it's 200-300k less than St Kilda are offering.

If, let's just say Bulldogs, offer Hill 700k (let's just say 200k less than Saints) and are offering Freo a deal that they would accept, would he choose to stay with Freo or go to Dogs?

It's not just money it's what freo are asking for him that's why nobody will touch him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but you don't want to get too much of a reputation for unrealistic expectations and demands that teams just get sick of even trying to deal with you
So they don't make 900k offers to contracted players then? knowing we are going to ask for way overs , I am fine with that

saints going to quickly run out of picks with other moves they still need to get done. Dockers need to hurry up I feel or they will have a angry player and manager on there list in 2020
Well he's either going to be annoyed at Freo, or annoyed at Saints for offering him a huge deal and not doing what it takes to get it done.

Tim Kelly seemed to play ok when West Coast couldn't get the deal done last year.

I agree, but I wonder at what point it will start the impact them negatively though (Possibly even now with the Hill trade?). They're good at playing very hard ball but you don't want to get too much of a reputation for unrealistic expectations and demands that teams just get sick of even trying to deal with you.
Yeah I understand that sentiment but I really think it's overrated - every club is driven by self interest (as they should be). Clubs will push as hard as the individual circumstance allows - Bell drove hard with Weller and now Hill because he can. They were reasonable with Langdon because they had to be.

Fast forward a year and Hills mrs has popped the baby out , she's spent a few months at home with the fam. The doting dad has been 1on 1off playing footy for dockers and every other week a game in the east. The hormones have died down shes happy to move back west.

Anything can happen in a year, this might be other clubs only chance to snag him

Freo are handling this pretty well I reckon. They'll either win big in the trade or end up with an unhappy player still on their list. Up to them which it is but I think Freo's management are certainly doing the right thing for their club.

I know they're doing what they think is best. But it'd be nice to let the members know what's going on.

Who cares what misinformed journos write..........let's keep our powder dry until the trade period is over.
I'd rather that Bell and Co. focus on getting done what needs to be done rather than spending their time responding to twits.
Who cares mate - West Coast say nothing, ever and it works for them.
Trades happen at AFL House not on Bigfooty or Trade Radio - there is no indication from either club that this is not still an active deal.
Cal Toomey said St Kilda (on Oct 2) would split the pick ....aside from Trade Radio which lets face it need to invent drama to break up the 'Hi it's Johnny from South Hoosierville - I have a 12 team trade to run by you' telephone calls....no one has really indicated very much at all (unless I've missed it).
Everyone saying they can't see how this deal gets done, it will be hard but I'd quite happily consider 12 and a couple of picks late teens-early 20's ...either directly or indirectly through St Kilda. This is why I'd imagine the 3 min convo with Bell would have been more along the lines of if you won't take 6 - just letting you know that we're breaking it up to get player X and we'll represent once we have worked out Stevens and Bruce.
I know Henry is getting bid on but if we have 12 and then 2 early 20 picks and Henry is bid on at say 15 costs us about pick 22 .....which is basically the Melb upgrade.
It's not easy but it is still possible. Heck maybe we'll send the future Melb 2nd rounder to St Kilda for the Ben King war chest.

am probably too worked up over this. best i take a break. I really hope we keep him.

i said b4 biggest loser outta this is his gf. all we need next year is to do something like that cheaters show that used to be on fox. find some hot hussy, break them up and find Bradley a WA gf. everyone's a winner. 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back