Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s almost like you guys think that you can ambush and *******e every club who’s interested in trading for a player from your club.

Hill at 6 would have been high, but I would have been happy if it made the deal go through smoothly. Over that is pure negligent list management.
1.He has 2 years to go on his contract.
2.He’s one of our top 2 players

Letting him go cheap is negligent list management

What would the saints do if the shoe was on The other foot?

Just for reference sake, Peter Bell just rejected an offer that was better than what Adelaide got for Patrick Dangerfield… the best player in the comp.

What a legend.
That'd be out-of-contract Free Agent Dangerfield who Geelong low-balled an offer to the Crows for because they had zero negotiation power to effect in a trade.

Also amusing calling Dangerfield the best player in the comp when he clearly wasn't in 2019, and also wasn't in the year he was traded.

I am thinking you may actually be the brains behind Saints trading team; am I right?

So the crows matched the offer to force a trade and could have kept him if they didn’t like the offer?

Crows didn't match the offer, i think it was in " good faith " or some other BS... but yes, they could of made life harder for geelong if they did

Before Everyone gets on their high horse, I know saints don’t want to give up a future 1st but I think they are going to have too if they want to get this deals done

Freo
In
10 & 12
Out hill & Melbourne 2nd round pick

Saints
In
Hill, Howard, Ryder 29
Out
12 & 18, future 1st

Port
In 18 & future 1st & 2nd rounder (Melbourne)

Out 10 Howard, Ryder & 29

Then saints could go 29 for Jones & 44

Please show us the quotes where we "promised" anything?

Everyone knows that there's absolutely no guarantee that if you try to get someone with multiple years left on their contract that the deal will go through (see Kelly last year, Gibbs when he first tried to get to Adelaide, etc), so no-one's going to be making any promises there.

Hill for one would be well aware of that, if it's true he asked to be traded back to Vic last year, but got knocked back.

If this doesn't go through, the only one he ultimately has to blame for it is himself, as he chose to sign the long term deal he's on, no-one else.

And it's also not true that if this doesn't go through that we "couldn't deliver", as we could have pulled the trigger and paid the insane price Bell is quoted as having demanded, but we chose not to.

Because it would have been irresponsible list management to have done so.

We would have been selling the farm from a trade perspective for someone that's just not worthy of it.

If that means we only get 4 of our 5 trade targets this offseason AND we keep our two first rounders (say 12 and next year's), then I can most certainly live with that.

That will be a very good overall outcome.

If we still manage to get all 5 it could be a phenomenal outcome.

When a player publicly nominates a club as their preferred club for a trade, you can be sure that the club has promised him that the trade will happen.
When the CEO publicly confirms the length of contract and quibbles about the salary that has been discussed, you can be sure that the club has promised him that the trade will happen.

It has always been so.

I do agree that Hill knows that the trade might not be able to be completed. I am certain that he didn’t expect St. Kilda to be trading with 4 other players, and that he wouldn’t be the priority signing.

It will be difficult for the Saints to satisfy all of the players who have nominated them. Especially if they keep their future first pick for getting Max’s twin. They will only be able to do it by winning all their trades.

I will be very happy to keep Brad Hill. Hope it happens that way.

Before Everyone gets on their high horse, I know saints don’t want to give up a future 1st but I think they are going to have too if they want to get this deals done
Nah. Just another year of Saints putting big dollar offers out there to see if they can get a player to say "yes". After that, they have no plan, and they certainly don't get deals done.

Freo
In
10 & 12
Out hill & Melbourne 2nd round pick

Saints
In
Hill, Howard, Ryder 29
Out
12 & 18, future 1st

Port
In 18 & future 1st & 2nd rounder (Melbourne)

Out 10 Howard, Ryder & 29

Then saints could go 29 for Jones & 44
Without going into the other deals what you've suggested values hill at around 5 to 6. If we go on point value surely 12 and a future second gets it done? It's similar point value were happy to give it up and you still get a top 12 pick.

I'd be happy to give a later pick or acres so you can call it a win but I think 12 and a future second is fair.

That'd be out-of-contract Free Agent Dangerfield who Geelong low-balled an offer to the Crows for because they had zero negotiation power to effect in a trade.

Also amusing calling Dangerfield the best player in the comp when he clearly wasn't in 2019, and also wasn't in the year he was traded.

I am thinking you may actually be the brains behind Saints trading team; am I right?
23, 22, 21, 22,

Those are the 4 years of Brownlow votes that danger had before leaving the crows... coincidently each year more than brad has managed in 8 years combined.

The two are so far apart in terms of ability and stature it’s not really worth discussing further... the point being that freo could have got a better deal than Adelaide did, who were smart enough not to try and hold onto a player who didn’t want to be at their club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s almost like you guys think that you can ambush and *******e every club who’s interested in trading for a player from your club.

Hill at 6 would have been high, but I would have been happy if it made the deal go through smoothly. Over that is pure negligent list management.

Lol you promised the world to Billy and then you backed out and said hang on a sec we’ve got four spuds that want to come to us, we have to split pick 6 to fit them all in, imagine trying to low ball Freo for a player that will be in your best three at the club if not the best, IF the deal some how goes through it will be higher than the one rejected.

Bell hasn’t missed out on one trade deal so far and yet you have the audacity to mock him, your list manager on the other hand has bitten more off than he can chew and is the one getting nervous i suspect.

Just for reference sake, Peter Bell just rejected an offer that was better than what Adelaide got for Patrick Dangerfield… the best player in the comp.

What a legend.

What was the exact offer that has not been officially announced nor confirmed by both sides?

Dangerfield -Uncontracted with picks 9 and 28 plus Gore the deal for Dangerfield and pick 55. No he was not the best player in the competition at the time but up there.

Geelong did well Adelaide not so although they got 154 games from him (life member).

"He has basically said: St. Kilda have attempted to poach a player with two years left on his contract. We like him and you’ll have to pay."

I suggest that if you intend to post on a subject at least have a basic understanding of the facts.

In June 2019 Brad Hill and his Manager informed Fremantle (specifically Peter Bell) that he intends to move back to Melbourne at the end of the season. His Manager, with Bells knowledge, subsequently shopped him around and he accepted St Kilda's offer.

That is not poaching!!!!!!

That is straight out false re Fremantle's response through Bell. Thats a basic fact.:)

What a legend.
Danger was a restricted free agent Brad isn't So not comparable trades . Patrick would have cost the earth as a contracted player.

We don’t know if that’s the order. We don’t know when St. Kilda was involved. I think it was likely that the offer came before Hill and Young informed Freo that he would request a trade to Victoria. You apparently don’t.
Hill’s reasons for going back to Victoria aren’t compelling. Money seems to be the overriding factor.
Let me guess - you have no evidence - but its the vibe hey.

But in reality Bell clearly knew Hill wanted to leave in June and Bell himself subsequently met with a number of clubs in late August to discuss a possible deal.

As I've said - not poaching.

28 August 2019

"So back in June-July we had a conversation with (football operations manager) Peter Bell that Brad, for family reasons, wants to move back to Melbourne." Young told SEN radio.

28 August 2019

Among the news was that Hill officially told the Dockers back in June he wanted to move back to Melbourne.

Dockers football boss Peter Bell is expected to meet with Melbourne-based clubs as early as Monday to hold preliminary discussions on possible trade deals for the gifted Hill.

Love the Victorian media

Fremantle play hardball: Unreasonable

Essendon play hardball: GOOD ON YOU
You're kidding right? Who outside of the Essendon bubble praises Dodoro?

Why are we even still arguing here??.

This trade is done, as in its not happening.

We keep one of the best wingers in the AFL while we can still trade him next year (if he still wants to go) with all the same conditions in place.

Meanwhile the aints get.... hmmm well continued to be known as pretty much a try hard pathetic minnow club that can’t back up its own words with actions.

Every single player agents will know now don’t bother with the aints cause they just talk 💩
Also quite amusing when you add it to their shoddy treatment of the contracted players on their list who they want to shove out the door. List management seems an utter shambles.

Honestly, do you think everyone should be waiting till the deals done to be measuring dicks?

Is there a recycle badge on BF? Anyone who visits this thread regularly deserves an award for reading the same arguements(from both sides) over and over and over again..

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Back