Brad scott - is he the right guy

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2010
deepinsidefifty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just going to throw this out there, does anyone else think that Brad Scott is struggling as a senior coach?
Was with a few lads at the game today who are passionate North and they are saying that it seems as if he is not getting his message across.

I myself thought it was a strange appointment at the time we signed him, i thought we should have gone for a senior coach that had results on the board such as Mark Williams.

Also why is it that Brad Scott is forever trying to distance himself from our great players of the 90's...?

Need another year to get a handle on it unless results go dramatically one way or the other and give a strong indication.

You'll probably cop it from the staunch brigade but I think it's understandable that any passionate supporter would ask the question after watching that today.

Awaiting the 'Brad Scott = Spud' thread to be revived from our smashing at the hands of the Saints in Round 2 last year.:rolleyes:

Hunter i did not say he was a spud, i just thought at this stage with the club needing all the members and on field success we can get to go with an untried coach was throwing caution to the wind.

Also no need to go on the defensive when people have different thoughts to yourself.

Does nobody else understand just how good Collingwood is right now?

You could have thrown a Matthews/Sheedy/Hafey/McHale/Pagan/Barassi brains trust at them today and they would have blown it apart.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Christ.

Does nobody else understand just how good Collingwood is right now?

You could have thrown a Matthews/Sheedy/Hafey/McHale/Pagan/Barassi brains trust at them today and they would have blown it apart.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Christ.

Agree, think you guys made the right choice to go with Scott as coach but he needs time took Malthouse 11 seasons to win a flag at the pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OP's first ever post on North, and he comes out with this crap.

Stick to the EDFL, posts, dude. You have no idea about AFL.

Haha great stuff Luvthekangas and the rest of you robots on here, someone has a different opinion and its wrong. I didnt say sack the coach, i didnt say he was shit, i didnt say he was a spud.. Just thought along with about 20 others i was with today thought that it looked like he might be struggling a little.

Oh by the way i spend approx $800 on memberships a year, do you luv?

Haha great stuff Luvthekangas and the rest of you robots on here, someone has a different opinion and its wrong. I didnt say sack the coach, i didnt say he was shit, i didnt say he was a spud.. Just thought along with about 20 others i was with today thought that it looked like he might be struggling a little.

Oh by the way i spend approx $800 on memberships a year, do you luv?

No. But I know more about footy than you and your 20 mates. Are you sure this isn't an inflated figure?

Hunter i did not say he was a spud, i just thought at this stage with the club needing all the members and on field success we can get to go with an untried coach was throwing caution to the wind.

Also no need to go on the defensive when people have different thoughts to yourself.

Not saying you think he is mate.

I'm just going to sit back and wait for someone to revive that thread or bring something similar to light.

I don't think it's the method that's the problem moreso the atrocious skill level.

Coach is responsible for that.

Look at the skill level difference and the difference in attack on the ball between Essendon after just one pre-season with Hird/Thompson.

You have to make it a priority.

My main concern is we seem to be overly focused on some gameplan we don't have the ability to pull off and we are getting burnt badly, especially on the rebound.

I honestly want to know if when coming out of defence our gameplan is for all our mids to stand motionless. If it is then we have the wrong coaches, if it is not and we don't have runners come out blasting players or players being dragged and cooked on the phone then I am not sure we have the people that are getting the message through.

Coaches need to communicate with players, they need to know what they are meant to be doing.

Hell, Mick came out at 3/4 time and looked more pissed and more animated than Scott did which I found hilarious.

Coach is responsible for that.

Look at the skill level difference and the difference in attack on the ball between Essendon after just one pre-season with Hird/Thompson.

You have to make it a priority.

My main concern is we seem to be overly focused on some gameplan we don't have the ability to pull off and we are getting burnt badly, especially on the rebound.

I honestly want to know if when coming out of defence our gameplan is for all our mids to stand motionless. If it is then we have the wrong coaches, if it is not and we don't have runners come out blasting players or players being dragged and cooked on the phone then I am not sure we have the people that are getting the message through.

Coaches need to communicate with players, they need to know what they are meant to be doing.

Hell, Mick came out at 3/4 time and looked more pissed and more animated than Scott did which I found hilarious.

Well said Tas.

Agree, think you guys made the right choice to go with Scott as coach but he needs time took Malthouse 11 seasons to win a flag at the pies.

Exactly, Bomber Thompson's head nearly rolled too, and it wasn't in his second season.

It's disappointing, but it's round 2, and I really think Pies are ahead of the comp like Cats in 07-08 and Bombers in 2000. And Cats lost in 08 so hope that Pies won't go back to back!

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad scott - is he the right guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back