Bradley Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

You know Cyril played in the 2008 premiership. That was 5 years ago. Cyril is a freak, but Hill is a boy still.
So saying "nothing like Cyril" I would say "not yet!".
But of course maybe never . And of course maybe as good in a different way. But I see him doing some "Cyriling" occasionally , perhaps he's learning and practising . Always look forward.
I see him doing some twisting turning, jumping up like a jack in a box, after a fall, and carry the ball.
So I see huge value in him too.

His evasive skills remind me of Cyril, and that's a good start.

Geez, a lot harsh critics around here...

I agree xellis. When you consider he has just turned 20, and has only played 19 games (he already has a NAB Rising Star nomination) I believe he could develop into an elite midfielder.

People seem to forget that Cyril is a freak, and IMO, to even compare Brad to him is a compliment to the young man!

yeah im more worried about his disposal/decision making.
for someone who's supposed to provide a little bit of silk he butchers it far too often.

I'm just putting it out there, but this was the main concern about Hill coming in. His disposal, and probably more specifically, his decision making, has come a long way in the last year. I think we all have to accept that he will never have tackling like Cyril, or disposal like Mitchell, but if he can improve himself each year, coming off the athletic base that he has, he will be a very handy player. I don't think we can expect too much in the physicality stakes from a second year player who is as skinny as Hilly is, and he shouldn't be judged too harshly, as he adds a lot to the team in other ways.

I'm just putting it out there, but this was the main concern about Hill coming in. His disposal, and probably more specifically, his decision making, has come a long way in the last year. I think we all have to accept that he will never have tackling like Cyril, or disposal like Mitchell, but if he can improve himself each year, coming off the athletic base that he has, he will be a very handy player. I don't think we can expect too much in the physicality stakes from a second year player who is as skinny as Hilly is, and he shouldn't be judged too harshly, as he adds a lot to the team in other ways.

Once again. He's still developing . Fair dinkum??

for someone who's supposed to provide a little bit of silk he butchers it far too often.

Easily the dumbest post in this thread.

The way he's spotted targets up inside 50 when our other players were lobbing it in has been a revelation at times.

And he was never supposed to be providing silk anyway, unless by that you mean run (read previous comment on the knock on him at draft time). Even then I'd argue that he's developing both anyway, and that his decision making delivering into the 50 is waaay better than 2nd year standard.

Last couple of games, he has really come into his own.
Those quick feet are very good and his disposal has been excellent, especially going inside 50.

Here's hoping he continues his great progress and eats a bit more chicken...

How was his game today? I don't think some posters here have even taken time to watch him. If it weren't for Hill and Smith we could have easily been beaten today,

Hill and Smith were fantastic, but we were never in serious danger of losing. Even without them, the boys were able to lift the intensity at will to prevent the Dogs from ever really getting close to us. I was at the game and we never looked like losing, or looked concerned that we might lose. See our efforts at the start to build a lead, and early in the last quarter to re-establish a big lead.

Hill is a gun, though. Been really happy with Smith's form lately as well, since you mention it. People expecting Hill to have complete polish to go with his fantastic speed and agility after 19 games are being a bit ridiculous. If he had that, then he'd be Jaeger O'Meara, and that kid is a total freak.

Agree he's well worth his spot, but I hold my breath every time he gets the ball. Decision making and disposal need work.

Must say I am the complete opposite. His composure and time with the ball is better than a lot of our senior players. His ability to lower the eyes again is better than many in our side. His ball handling is as clean as you could ask for. Has to throw the ball on the boot at times like anyone else which is perhaps what stands out to you but Hill carrying the ball through the middle is usually very constructive. For a bloke in his second season his impact is valuable.

Skills and decision making were down against the Dogs compared to his other games this year. Without looking at the stats, he seemed to turn it over more so than hitting a target. And for a player with great speed and endurance, he only uses that when running the one way. Too many times this season I've seen him not chase a player he could easily catch if he got out of a slow jog. Very Judd-esk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The knock was always on him about his ability to get the ball and then use it.

At least he seems to play to his strengths and knows his limitations. Would be nice to ink and extra 2 years onto his contract now.

Skills and decision making were down against the Dogs compared to his other games this year. Without looking at the stats, he seemed to turn it over more so than hitting a target. And for a player with great speed and endurance, he only uses that when running the one way. Too many times this season I've seen him not chase a player he could easily catch if he got out of a slow jog. Very Judd-esk.

He did this in the first game this season and was burnt by half time.

I think it may be more of a build up of fitness and him knowing when he should run and when he should hold back so he can see our a game.

He did this in the first game this season and was burnt by half time.

I think it may be more of a build up of fitness and him knowing when he should run and when he should hold back so he can see our a game.
I'd rather see him chase down (when it's his turn) and effect one of the oppositions forward thrusts to benefit his club.

For a player who apparently didn't know how to find the ball he has been a revelation.

Those knocking his tackling should note that it has improved out of sight compared to his first year, and will likely improve again. Needs to put on some muscle, and if Stephen is any indication, he should be capable of doing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradley Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back