List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

There was plenty of speculation about TTs character pre draft, we had him in our zone. We ****ed that up, there's no way we did our due diligence there, he didn't become a scumbag overnight. If you don't think the big clubs aren't putting in the time and resources vetting these kids you're kidding yourself. I've got little doubt we would've got more out of JHF if we weren't a basket case on and off field, don't even really blame him for leaving. Phillips over McDonald or Hollands an absolute killer, this is not one person's fault it's the whole department. Hopefully Todd and Clarko can fix it.

Every club in the comp would have taken Tarryn, every single one. Most of them would sign him tomorrow if they could get away with it too.

Curtis is a 2nd round pick ya dolt!

Apologies, I had him as a third.

Obviously all other clubs nail every 3rd and 4th round selection they get right.

Right?

Or even just a bf forum member who watched under 18 champs, AIS game and some under 18 games during the year

for instance the following picks would’ve happened if I were in charge

Last year at the time I would’ve drafted Watto, Colby/caddy, schoenmaker, Philactides and Logan Morris with our 5 first rounders

Or from a trade perspective would never have traded our pick 8 (serong or Flanders) for a future first
I’m with u on this although not sure how we would’ve got Caddy.

No club gets every pick right.

But well run clubs get more right than wrong, even late ones

I would argue our problem has been lack of development, not the picks themselves. And lo and behold now we've got a first class development team in, Brady MSD picks like RHJ are really coming along.

I also know for a fact that Brady was seriously hamstrung early in his tenure by the simple reality that we were not seen as a club anyone would move to, for a whole range of reasons, unless the offer was well above market rate

I also know for a fact that Brady was seriously hamstrung early in his tenure by the simple reality that we were not seen as a club anyone would move to, for a whole range of reasons, unless the offer was well above market rate
When the list managers left in 2022, it was a bit of a blessing in disguise moment. I heard the club was not in good shape from some inside info. Few players had been not impressed with the footy program. Noble mentioned as being a twat, list management on edge etc.

Ever since the review and new team has come in, it has been a completely different environment. A much better place to be at.

Let's see what happens next year. Only way is up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back