Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Best game he's played.
I reckon we've had legitimate cause to say that on a half-dozen occasions this season, which means he's continually improving. Good on him.

Loved the kids game last nite. Another developing kid that posters on here need to get behind. Will play 200 games, hopefully with the pies. The reality is we are a poor side. Players I have seen roasted on BF like heath shaw and seedsman are now playin great footy in good teams. Kids need time.

He is going to be a very slow burn this kid, but i reckon he will be a gun.

Reminds me of a young luke hodge who took a good 3 years to really settle in.

Maynard is still only 19 so to have already pumped around 20 odd games into him is a bonus.

When he came into the system, his tank was an issue. After another pre season he should be super fit. I can even see him being an influential on baller long term.

most youngsters take time, and ours have not had the luxury of learning there craft in the vfl
but in the main game. which can at times hurt there development and confidence. along with ramsay and
berg when they can return from injury also Williams our back line in time will be very solid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard is still only 19 so to have already pumped around 20 odd games into him is a bonus.

When he came into the system, his tank was an issue. After another pre season he should be super fit. I can even see him being an influential on baller long term.
If he's half of the Luke hodge, wow
We will be salivating for years.

(And half the limits of hodge driving readings would keep him safe too ;))

I'd love to see him play in the middle. Will be like a bull in a china shop. The carnage will be a thing of beauty.

I'm glad that other see the massive potential in this kid.

I thought he had a really good game last night. He had some nice kicks out of defense and was great in the contest. That mark was a ripper. But I'm still not convinced yet. He makes some very stupid turnovers and needs to cut that out of his game. He isn't particularly quick either, which is pretty key for a small defender. I'm interested in how he develops if he can get rid of the turnovers, and how much his leg speed will limit him or otherwise.

It's literally just 2 people who have written him off as a spud.

I've heard it from other pies supporters IRL so I may be projecting that onto BF a bit. In any case I don't think there's been a lot of patience afforded to him by some supporters, considering his age and experience. As usual time will be the real judge.

I thought he had a really good game last night. He had some nice kicks out of defense and was great in the contest. That mark was a ripper. But I'm still not convinced yet. He makes some very stupid turnovers and needs to cut that out of his game. He isn't particularly quick either, which is pretty key for a small defender. I'm interested in how he develops if he can get rid of the turnovers, and how much his leg speed will limit him or otherwise.
I reckon his foot speed is ok and he can break a line on occassion as well. His tank needs work but Its just the decision making which is the big question.

For now we can just put it down to the fact he is 19.

I actually reckon a player like maynard takes a good 5 years to come on.

You can see has something but also lacks something which I believe most would be out the door in two years if he stays at the same level. He needs to improve further.

People are way too hard on him, he's a youn guy playing in a massively undermanned backline while we are getting flogged with little leadership help around.

Technically he is a good kick, he can really put some heat on a low hard bullet pass. He just isn't a great decision maker and can shank some kicks but that's due to inexperience and pressure. Good aggression, I think his fitness needs to pick up but again that's due to youth.

I think he'll be a good a solid player for us, no Heath Shaw but has potential. Will be far better than Sinclair.

Step in the right direction for Maynard hopefully he continues the improvement.

My only critism of the kid is he tries to do too many "Darren Jarmen" kicks.

Best game I have seen him play so far........very mature performance :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back