Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we talking Ahmed or Adam here?

Ahmed. TBH I'm not really sure on his playing style it seems different from one poster to the other. Some claim he's a lead and mark forward others a lively crumber.

He is Brenden THE BIG SHOW Abbott, look at the size of him and has a theme song you can sing when he kicks a goal:cool::cool::cool: Dennis Cometti and bruce McAvaney i can see it now special. the bandit is so old, original for him and boring as he would of had that most his life so time for a new one he would like with a new start of life at the best club in the country.

Last edited:
He be a Help for the VFL Side but his Size I have doubts IF he can get fit enough to play AFL

Based on what? You're far too impressionable when it comes to taking the opinions of others as gospel.

Really we know nothing about him beyond a few reports here and there, just because endurance is allegedly one of the weaker areas of his game it does not mean he has a serious problem. Having doubts about a kid who hasn't even been at the club for 24 hours yet when you haven't even seen him play and therefore have no idea about the kids mindset or commitment to making it in AFL is the absolute height of naivety.

According to Jay Burton (Matthew's brother) when I mentioned the Postcard Bandit:

He was born on 1 January 1995 (wonder if that's real, maybe why he looks older?), which happens to also be near the end of the 5 1/2 years of Brenden senior being on the run after escaping from Freo prison.

He's also a trainee with the Fire and Emergency Services Authority according to that story in The West, so he's working on the Heath Scotland defence already!

I'm probably excited about watching this guy the most of all. Massive unit. Tougher than nails. Hard as a cats head. Hope some of our pussy players like Armstrong and Sinclair watch him.

Sinkers has some deficiencies in his game, but being hard at the footy isn't one of them.

Interesting to hear Eddie speak about him this morning. Spoke about came from hard side of life, has coped with it and moved on, dedicated himself to footy and did well this year and of all the draftees eddie spoken to over years said he was the one that was keenest to make a go of it. also heard carmody speak about him last night and said he was physically up for it and a season with Pies HP team would have him leaping ahead in bounds.

Going to be interesting to watch him........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to hear Eddie speak about him this morning. Spoke about came from hard side of life, has coped with it and moved on, dedicated himself to footy and did well this year and of all the draftees eddie spoken to over years said he was the one that was keenest to make a go of it. also heard carmody speak about him last night and said he was physically up for it and a season with Pies HP team would have him leaping ahead in bounds.

Going to be interesting to watch him........
Yeah Eddie was very effusive about him.

He also confirmed that he is the nephew of the postcard bandit.

Ideal rookie selection. Unlikely to play any senior football next year unless we have another year stricken by injuries. Will benefit from our elite training facilities and individualised coaching programs. Hugh upside once he gets his fitness and endurance right.

Yeah Eddie was very effusive about him.

He also confirmed that he is the nephew of the postcard bandit.

Ok, so be it, he's not his uncle and good luck to the lad. Nothing wrong with coming from the school of hard knocks. Will stand him in good stead, and probably make him all the more determined to succeed. I like him already.

So we recruited a rat bag and overlooked both Saad & Yarran?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What would make you say the kid is a ratbag? Not sure he deserves that label...

So we recruited a rat bag and overlooked both Saad & Yarran?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen any evidence that he deserves that sort of tag, especially from within.

None of us have any choice when it comes to family. What shows character is how you deal with being dealt a tough hand.

Kid's got himself on the rookie list of the biggest club in Australia. Good luck to him, I hope he makes it.

Great pick up for you guys. Minus his great physical attributes his long kicking is a thing of beauty. Can roost it 55-60 m with ease and it's hard flat and very accurate infact I reckon he could match bungas kicking with practise it's elite

Great pick up for you guys. Minus his great physical attributes his long kicking is a thing of beauty. Can roost it 55-60 m with ease and it's hard flat and very accurate infact I reckon he could match bungas kicking with practise it's elite
He slotted one from 55m in his highlights video like it was 20m. Freaky talent.

Based on what? You're far too impressionable when it comes to taking the opinions of others as gospel.

Really we know nothing about him beyond a few reports here and there, just because endurance is allegedly one of the weaker areas of his game it does not mean he has a serious problem. Having doubts about a kid who hasn't even been at the club for 24 hours yet when you haven't even seen him play and therefore have no idea about the kids mindset or commitment to making it in AFL is the absolute height of naivety.

With people saying he is not the Fantastic Off-Field and has bad Habits and Looks Way out shape for a AFL Player. Those could be Red Flags in some teams Books

Remove this Banner Ad

Back