Brenton Sanderson AFC Senior Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: EXCLUSIVE: GEELONG assistant Brenton Sanderson is expected to be named Adelaide coach tomorrow.

Very very happy with this appointment!:thumbsu: Always liked him as a player, and I've heard nothing but respect for him as an assistant coach at Port and Geelong. Welcome back to the club Sando.:thumbsu:

PS. In long process we trust.:D

Re: EXCLUSIVE: GEELONG assistant Brenton Sanderson is expected to be named Adelaide coach tomorrow.

Fantastic appointment...very pleased with this choice:thumbsu:
Brenton has seen regeneration and reinvigoration at Geelong. :thumbsu:

why would he not see out the rest of the finals? does it really matter he's got another job? might as well finish the year

now it's confirmed by the club I will say absolutely fantastic choice (my first choice too :))

Yay. Brenton Sanderson: Next premiership coach of the AFC :D

Happy if true, as really I have no idea which of the assistants would be better.

Happy that it proves Rucci wrong several times in one week. Not to mention the nuf nufs on 5AA.

Happy that the cynical crew can have very little to whinge about, although I am sure they will find something (eg no doubt we really wanted Neeld and let him go because we were too slow:rolleyes: ).

Hate to be a downer but my first reaction is blah.

I reckon Neeld was our preferred coach, he went to Melbourne.

Burns was probably next but we were possibly second option after Melb...he never seemed keen to go for the job, we were the crumbs and maybe he pulled out or was simply not really enthusiastic about us.

Then it was Bicks or Sanderson...both equally bland imo but Sanderson has been part of a far better winning culture and in the system for longer so he is a good 3rd choice (not counting all the other highly rated assistants).

I'm sure I'll warm to him, everyone else seems happy with it, these are just my first thoughts.

TheLeftFist - Out of all the coaches he probably has the most experience however..

Here's hoping he gets free run of the box!

Triple m reported Eade as senior assistant!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey A Good Few Men, it seems I do know something considering I said he had the best credentials out of those who were left.

why would he not see out the rest of the finals? does it really matter he's got another job? might as well finish the year

What more is he going to learn in the next few weeks staying at geelong? Hes been there for the premierships and finals in the past few years. He needs to get here and start his official job, decisions on players need to be made.

The more I think about it the more I'm pleased with this appointment. :) :thumbsu:

As a player he had to battle to get a decent run at AFL level having been traded by Adelaide and Collingwood before his career really got started and ended up playing 199 games for Geelong as well as winning their B&F. He ended up a winner.

As an assistant coach he's been in a two bit mob when at Port (just kidding :D), and at a highly successful club in Geelong for the past 5 seasons. Once again, he knows what it's like to be a winner.

The next thing that I'm looking forward to is who will make up the balance of the coaching panel.

Well done Adelaide!! :thumbsu:

Hate to be a downer but my first reaction is blah.

I reckon Neeld was our preferred coach, he went to Melbourne.

Burns was probably next but we were possibly second option after Melb...he never seemed keen to go for the job, we were the crumbs and maybe he pulled out or was simply not really enthusiastic about us.

Then it was Bicks or Sanderson...both equally bland imo but Sanderson has been part of a far better winning culture and in the system for longer so he is a good 3rd choice (not counting all the other highly rated assistants).

I'm sure I'll warm to him, everyone else seems happy with it, these are just my first thoughts.

or just maybe Sanderson was our preferred, and the best, choice?

Can everyone who bagged the AFC for its process now apologize. I can't see how you can criticize this appoitment.

Apologize? :rolleyes:

Very happy with the result, from a successful environment, good development credentials, and hasn't been at our club in well over a decade, so can be considered an outsider.

But I'm still not happy with the process. We'll never know whether he was our first choice for sure because we really dilly-dallied around Burns. To be fair, the process has been thorough, but 8 weeks was way too long.

Don't tease :p

Unconfirmed. But sounded confident...:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Brenton Sanderson AFC Senior Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back