Toast Brian Lake is easily the best Full Back in the League

• Thread starter Rumblah#16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

R

Rumblah#16

Hey guys, first off I just want to say that the game on Friday Night could've gone either way, in the end I think we were just a fraction more hungry and took our opportunities.

Brian Lake is an absolute superstar. He's better than Scarlett, in my eyes. His footskills are awesome to watch and he's honestly the one defender I'm most worried about during any point in the season.

Absolutely love him as a player, and he's not the traditional 'spoiling fullback'. I know you all know this but he backs himself to take huge contested marks, where many defenders would opt to spoil. The #1 forward knows he's got a tough game ahead when they see Lake walking in their direction.

Stay strong guys, you have an awesome side fully fit, I have a fair bit of man-love for Shaun Higgins too, and you have all the tools to win big matches. Much like Hawthorn it just needs to 'click'.

All the best,
Schoeny. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yea, he's turning into a very special player for us and well worth the payrise he got at the end of last year. The form he's been in the last 2 years I doubt the dogs have ever had a better full-back although there might be some old-timers who have something to say about that.

Hey guys, first off I just want to say that the game on Friday Night could've gone either way, in the end I think we were just a fraction more hungry and took our opportunities.

Brian Lake is an absolute superstar. He's better than Scarlett, in my eyes. His footskills are awesome to watch and he's honestly the one defender I'm most worried about during any point in the season.

Absolutely love him as a player, and he's not the traditional 'spoiling fullback'. I know you all know this but he backs himself to take huge contested marks, where many defenders would opt to spoil. The #1 forward knows he's got a tough game ahead when they see Lake walking in their direction.

Stay strong guys, you have an awesome side fully fit, I have a fair bit of man-love for Shaun Higgins too, and you have all the tools to win big matches. Much like Hawthorn it just needs to 'click'.

All the best,

What a load of crap to say one team was more hungry than the other,

We lost for a few reasons kicking 2.5 to 4.1 in the last qtr, and more importantly our EFF% at only 66% and to many clangers. To say the Dogs players were not as hungry as the Hawks is a load of shit. We smashed you in all key stats bar tackles.

All the best,

Have to agree with you mate, Brian has taken his game to a new level, has cut out most of his brain fades and one on one he is one of the best players going around. While this lovefest is going on, I just have to say I think Hodgey is awesome!

What a load of crap to say one team was more hungry than the other,

We lost for a few reasons kicking 2.5 to 4.1 in the last qtr, and more importantly our EFF% at only 66% and to many clangers. To say the Dogs players were not as hungry as the Hawks is a load of shit. We smashed you in all key stats bar tackles.

I believe I mentioned that, in the OP.

Snide comments aside, I truly enjoy the Bulldogs brand of Football and you've been one of the sides over the past few years that's always given us grief. Good luck for the rest of the season, fellas! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Speaking of brain fades, will Brian get rubbed out by MRP this week? Also does anyone know if his carryover points have expired yet?

Buddy played it up a fair bit, but it still didn't look good in replay.

He is undoubtedly now the best FB in the AFL. I am completley confident any time he is one on one with his opponent, and not just confident he will spoil but confident he will out mark the bloke.

In all honesty if he is going to get a week suspension this is probably the best week to get it. We could get away without him against Carlton, its their little blokes who will trouble us. Moris and Williams could deal with O'Hailpin and Waite.

I started a Lake vs Scarlett poll on the polls board a while back.

Feel free to dig it up and put some votes down for Lake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our bookends(Lake and Hall) have been fantastic this year.

It is amazing to think that before trade week last year we wern't certain of having both on our list. We would be further down the ladder without both of them.

Lake is great value for money. Even at $400-$450K or whatever the contract was, his performances and value to our team so far have exceeded his salary :)

Scarlett. He's the reason you havent beaten carlton for 5 years or whatever it is. even when we were wooden spoon hopeless fev still would come out & pull lakes pants down.
Dont forget the "hang around here mate, i'm about to put on a clinic" line after not getting a touch in the first half & giving away 50's etc.

ctacp
curlier than a catoggio pube

Scarlett. He's the reason you havent beaten carlton for 5 years or whatever it is. even when we were wooden spoon hopeless fev still would come out & pull lakes pants down.
Dont forget the "hang around here mate, i'm about to put on a clinic" line after not getting a touch in the first half & giving away 50's etc.

ctacp

does fev still play for carlton?, for the record I think carlton will account for the bulldogs easily but lake will obliterate o fail pinner.

ctacp

I want what he is smoking:D

Hi all,

Pardon the intrusion and bump of this thread, I come in peace though!

Tonight I was lucky enough to chat with Brian Lake about his AFL career which the Bulldogs were obviously a massive part of, and while I understand his departure led to some divided opinions, I just wanted to post part 1 of the interview here which is all about his time at the Bulldogs.

This will launch at 9am tomorrow, link below to the premier so you don't miss it.

We spoke about:
-Getting overlooked in his initial draft year
-The health struggles he had that led to him not getting drafted
-How he ended up on your radar and what steps he took health wise to ensure he could get onto an AFL list
-His Round 1 debut which also ended up being Terry Wallace's last game
-The transition into Peter Rhode coaching
-His first goal(s) against Fremantle in 2003
-Rodney Eade taking over in 2005 and the impact he had on the club straight away and how it started pushing you in the right direction
-2006 season where you finished 8th and smashed the pies week 1 of the finals.
-Your prelim final appearances from 2008 - 2010

He was fascinating to talk to and shared some great memories of his time at the Western Bulldogs.

Hope you enjoy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back