Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoever said let eddie talk because he'd stuff up, great call, mass contradictions everywhere.

Can you trademark colours?

The tops are different, the guy is a Muppet.

Whoever said let eddie talk because he'd stuff up, great call, mass contradictions everywhere.

Remember when Cadbury tried to trademark purple? That ended well.

It’s just an excuse to kick the fight down the road.
Come the day the same people will be claiming it would be silly to do and risk taking focus away...which it would be.

In the short/medium term, this fight can only be won in a court of law. We have almost universal support across the competition, we have every sensible argument in the book on our side, but we still haven't been able to achieve the outcome we're after. This is due to a handful of individuals who unfortunately hold all of the power within their corrupt provincial competition - and this won't change in the short/medium term.

The GF dais idea isn't kicking the can down the road, it's just the most obvious opportunity to make a visual statement. I've always been a big advocate of other visual statements - just about everything you see on game day should be PB themed and/or black and white themed from what supporters wear to banners to flags to what club officials wear to what appears on the LED sidelines, etc.

As for PBs on the GF dais taking focus away, that's nonsense. You have to prepare to win a GF by organising speeches, merchandise, after parties, etc, this would be just one more preparation and make no difference to the result.

Its not possible for him to come out of any interview looking good because there is no logical argument for his position. but these interviews are Trump-esque. Hes constantly slipping up, contradicting and shooting himself in the foot. Keep it coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to become the biggest, best club, debt free and have that AFL fear us. The only way.
It’s almost as if that’s a real possibility and the AFL are trying to keep us down out of fear of it becoming a reality. It’s always been a fear IMO how else do you explain all the times we’ve had our hands tied behind our back and all the times we’ve been kicked while down?

Last edited:
In the short/medium term, this fight can only be won in a court of law. We have almost universal support across the competition, we have every sensible argument in the book on our side, but we still haven't been able to achieve the outcome we're after. This is due to a handful of individuals who unfortunately hold all of the power within their corrupt provincial competition - and this won't change in the short/medium term.

The GF dais idea isn't kicking the can down the road, it's just the most obvious opportunity to make a visual statement. I've always been a big advocate of other visual statements - just about everything you see on game day should be PB themed and/or black and white themed from what supporters wear to banners to flags to what club officials wear to what appears on the LED sidelines, etc.

As for PBs on the GF dais taking focus away, that's nonsense. You have to prepare to win a GF by organising speeches, merchandise, after parties, etc, this would be just one more preparation and make no difference to the result.

I think he’s referring to wearing it during the GF as opposed to after. It could be a distraction for the players but the 2014 EF suggests otherwise IMO. I reckon opinion would be split on whether we did this or not (as it is today).

Wearing it on the dais would no doubt have almost universal support.

I think he’s referring to wearing it during the GF as opposed to after. It could be a distraction for the players but the 2014 EF suggests otherwise IMO. I reckon opinion would be split on whether we did this or not (as it is today).

Wearing it on the dais would no doubt have almost universal support.

Nah, the post I quoted originally was re the GF dais.

Wearing it on GF day sounds good but if there was even a 1% chance they'd take the premiership from you for doing it, well ...

It’s almost as if that’s a real possibility and the AFL are trying to keep us down out of fear of it becoming a reality. It’s always been a fear IMO how else do explain all the times we’ve had our hands tied behind our back and all the times we’ve been kicked while down?
I know in SA it's a fear

Your first statement is untrue.
It is won and lost in the court of public opinion and if our own fans can’t be arsed, then there’s no hope.
The GF plan is pie in the sky nonsense atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back