Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol the club video beginning with a half naked Connor Rozee.

The bars are back indeed.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

So if it’s only for this year, what’s the special reason? If there is none, you’d have be confident that we’ll get it as a permanent fixture once the AFL sees the revenue generated and Collingwood fans don’t revolt.

Amazing job by the club keeping this under wraps. Makes me wonder if the agreement came as a surprise.

Guernsey's do not look anywhere near the same.
Yeah, but the alternate point of view is that they do look near enough the same and I would think that point would be easily legally defensible.

I mean, Blurred Lines is technically different to Got to Give It Up, but let's not pretend that they're too close to being the same thing.

And we're not soccer. We're a small competition in an outpost island continent. We can and should have different strips in the same comp.

Yeah, but the alternate point of view is that they do look near enough the same and I would think that point would be easily legally defensible.

I mean, Blurred Lines is technically different to Got to Give It Up, but let's not pretend that they're too close to being the same thing.

And we're not soccer. We're a small competition in an outpost island continent. We can and should have different strips in the same comp.
Your guernsey is identical in design to North's.

Half of the clubs in the AFL share the same colours.

Your arguments hold no water.

1678495840046.png
We have never discussed wearing them against Collingwood.
We have never asked for the magpie in the AFL.

Even if we did (and we won't) there is a material difference, as you can clearly see here.

Collingwood still appear to be a skyscraper built on sand, one small hit to their ego and they are afraid the whole thing comes crashing down.
Why are you so insecure?

Get in touch with thundercloud w***er, he might be able to help you out with the legal stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens when you make a really really big deal about something that gets a lot of interest from a lot of people but there isn’t enough to satisfy everyone?

Missing out on one while frustrating as hell does help create mystique about the guernsey and increase the demand to get it more regularly.

Awesome news, would've liked to grab one but seems I was too slow. Now just march into AFL office and show them that they sold out in a couple of hours and the revenue we gain from them has enormous potential and surely the money focused AFL wouldn't be able to argue.

I guess you think you’re using some kind of logic here…
Every response to my posts are playing the man. Kochie might be the only Port fan capable of having a reasonable discussion about the issue!

I'm interested to know what Kochie conceded to get this for you by the way. Not something detailed in Browne's email, but something that has no doubt happened.

Every response to my posts are playing the man. Kochie might be the only Port fan capable of having a reasonable discussion about the issue!

I'm interested to know what Kochie conceded to get this for you by the way. Not something detailed in Browne's email, but something that has no doubt happened.
He magnanimously agreed to a swap where Collingwood receive two time AFLCA coach of the year Ken Hinkley as their new senior coach. Congratulations!

1854.jpg

So, you're fine with North and Hawthorn having the exact same design but that's OK because it's different colours but you can't cope with another team having the same colours but the top looks nothing at all like yours?

Last edited:

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back