Brisbane lions to be this years surprise packet??

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I though? All pre-season we've heard about Brisbane's "elite" midfield who were decimated tonight, absolutely destroyed. We heard about Brisbane's finals chances while everyone shit on Collingwood. All pre-season.

The first match of the season, at your home ground with Collingwood coming off a poor pre-season and beat you. It was an embarrassing performance by the Lions.

The conditions played against Brisbane tonight which is bad luck as they'll cop those most games at home. Skilled midfield is their weapon and that is effected by the wet which suits less skilled bigger bodied sides.

Who exactly was diving for free kicks?

Christensen still has that Geelong tactic in him but other then him you're blowing it way out of proportion.

THIS!!

Apart from Christensen, I can't recall any Brisbane player "playing" the umpire for frees. Cheating the umpire has never been a Brisbane trait.

In fact, now that he is out of Geelong, it was actually embarrassing watch Chrtistensen act so much when no one else on the ground does. It stood out like dogs balls.

Brisbane tried to flick the ball around which was never going to work in the wet. No big monster forwards means they rely on good disposal which was never going to happen in those conditions.Everything was against them last night.

Brisbane did their very best to resurrect the glorious 1990s form of the sadly-fallen Fitzroy. They fumbled throughout the game, handing the ball to Collingwood on a platter, every time they went near it, which wasn't often. When they weren't observing this part of the Fitzroy tradition, they'd revisit another skill the Roys perfected - they'd fall over. To attribute these clumsy attempts to Collingwood's pressure is to put the cart before the horse. Collingwood weren't great either, but they didn't have to be. Well done to them though. They stood up at the end, something of which Brisbane were manifestly incapable. It is rumored that Brisbane's training next week will see the players running around with their hands tied behind their backs and their legs in splints. It is hoped this will enhance their ball-handling capabilities and increase their tenuous grip on the planet.

Brisbane did their very best to resurrect the glorious 1990s form of the sadly-fallen Fitzroy. They fumbled throughout the game, handing the ball to Collingwood on a platter, every time they went near it, which wasn't often. When they weren't observing this part of the Fitzroy tradition, they'd revisit another skill the Roys perfected - they'd fall over. To attribute these clumsy attempts to Collingwood's pressure is to put the cart before the horse. Collingwood weren't great either, but they didn't have to be. Well done to them though. They stood up at the end, something of which Brisbane were manifestly incapable. It is rumored that Brisbane's training next week will see the players running around with their hands tied behind their backs and their legs in splints. It is hoped this will enhance their ball-handling capabilities and increase their tenuous grip on the planet.
Taking it well.

Good game, didn't expect to win so very happy we did. Great to get 50 points up with our intense pressure but it was even better watching us hang on for the win when they kicked 7 goals in a row. Well done to Brisbane and Collingwood for a good game. I hope we can keep that pressure up all season, if we do we are a chance of winning more games then we lose.

Brisbane tried to flick the ball around which was never going to work in the wet. No big monster forwards means they rely on good disposal which was never going to happen in those conditions.Everything was against them last night.

I thought I'd find some disappointed Lions supporters here but best of all I found you. Tough night? :cry:

You must live a very sad existence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol... we played a crap 3 quarters and your team won by only 10 points. I wouldn't get too carried away champ.
The only reason why your ordinary team came so close was due to the humid conditions that our players were not used to. We were spent in the last quarter.

When the game was to be won we gave your team an almighty spanking..

The Bears won 7 games last year and are a very ordinary team.

By the way ty

De geoy crisp greenwood >>>beams ( get off the bus and walk)

Last edited:
Beams is a gun and Christensen showed his class last night.

But they aren't better than Rockliff and Hanley who are now out for plenty of time each.

Back on to Beams, Rich and Redden who are a pretty handy trio but they don't have the support now. Teams can tag Beams and Rich and pressure a lot of the youngsters like Collingwood did for 3/4.

Also Stef Martin, wtf. Played the best year of your career finally delivering on your amazing talent and you lock yourself in a gym all summer and you can't move nearly as well as you did last year now? And Brisbane are flaunting his weights prowess left right and centre. He looks and moves like big Buckets Holland now. Hopefully he'll get his run back after a few matches and some fitness but at the moment he seems way too bulky for a mobile running ruckman.

The conditions played against Brisbane tonight which is bad luck as they'll cop those most games at home. Skilled midfield is their weapon and that is effected by the wet which suits less skilled bigger bodied sides.
Obsessions are difficult things to shake. Next time you pick one, and you will, its screaming that to the rest of us through your keyboard, try and pick one that is a bit more rewarding.

The only reason why your ordinary team caramel so close was due to the humid conditions that our players were not used to. We were spent in the last quarter.

When the game was to be won we have your team an almighty spanking..

By the way ty

Relax buddy, we'll wait till the end of year and see who gets most Brownlow votes before u make that call

Obsessions are difficult things to shake. Next time you pick one, and you will, its screaming that to the rest of us through your keyboard, try and pick one that is a bit more rewarding.

I didn't realise AdamH was also obsessed with hating Collingwood. I thought he was only obsessed with hating the Bulldogs. Must have been a very bad night for him last night.

The only reason why your ordinary team came so close was due to the humid conditions that our players were not used to. We were spent in the last quarter.

When the game was to be won we gave your team an almighty spanking..

By the way ty

So Brisbane is fitter than Collingwood huh? Not good signs for you guys then. Especially since we didn't show up until the last quarter (the comeback was without our two best midfielders - Rockliff and Hanley - as well:eek:).

Again not good signs for you if you consider a 10 point win a spanking.

We won 7 games without Rich, Redden, Leuenberger, Beams, Christensen, Robinson and playing 6 teenagers most weeks. That ordinary team was good enough to smash your side by 70 points late last year:straining:

Good on you for remaining positive about the trade! I guess all I can do is enjoy watching your former goal a game, Copeland trophy, all australian midfielder play for my team;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane lions to be this years surprise packet??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back