Brisbane lions to be this years surprise packet??

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol... we played a crap 3 quarters and your team won by only 10 points. I wouldn't get too carried away champ.

Am I though? All pre-season we've heard about Brisbane's "elite" midfield who were decimated tonight, absolutely destroyed. We heard about Brisbane's finals chances while everyone shit on Collingwood. All pre-season.

The first match of the season, at your home ground with Collingwood coming off a poor pre-season and beat you. It was an embarrassing performance by the Lions.

Easy money tonight Brisbane picked up 3 blokes that will not help them kick bigger scores

They need a key forward and McStay is not the answer
To be fair, we had a key forward and still sucked.

Am I though? All pre-season we've heard about Brisbane's "elite" midfield who were decimated tonight, absolutely destroyed. We heard about Brisbane's finals chances while everyone shit on Collingwood. All pre-season.

The first match of the season, at your home ground with Collingwood coming off a poor pre-season and beat you. It was an embarrassing performance by the Lions.
When we started playing to the conditions in that last quarter you saw the result (we smashed you without Rockliff or Hanley - 2 of our top 3 mids)... D.Beams had a pretty average night as well. I think even Collingwood supporters would agree that it wasn't a great 30 odd possessions he had. As I said, I wouldn't get too carried away (congrats on the win however).

To be fair, their diving and playing for free kicks was worthwhile as they probably received at least 8 F50 frees.
Who exactly was diving for free kicks?

Christensen still has that Geelong tactic in him but other then him you're blowing it way out of proportion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood had 12 more inside 50's for a 12 point win.
I'm not saying that we deserved to win, because we really didn't, but I'm certainly not reading too much into a single game

Because we can't kick for goal :) this isn't a new thing.

Another 21 games left this season. The fightback from the Lions will show the fellas just how hard they have to work to get somewhere.

Collingwood set the example in the first three quarters. Well done to them.

Why are Brisbane supporters pulling out the grand final card? You lost, deal with it.
Who's doing that? In my instance I was replying to a Collingwood supporter implying that the magpies win their flags fairly where as Brisbanes are handed to them. I believe the pies were the better team tonight and deserved to win. You are both misguided and il-informed within the context of this conversation, and I apologise in advance if your comment was in no way directed at me. :)

What a good game to over come the scandal's going on this week traveling away up to play in the humid weather against a team that
has a stronger talented midfield with depth trading for beams this off-season to make it game more juicy and spicy to watch.

Great idea by the AFL to make this game round 1 and we got the points after loosing in trade week a star of the game. :)
Ill be grateful for the victory and savoir it as it's a very long year of football with a young team.
Good luck Lions for the season and making it a exciting game to watch :)

Who exactly was diving for free kicks?

Christensen still has that Geelong tactic in him but other then him you're blowing it way out of proportion.
What about when Zorko went down like he was shot. That was the most pathetic performance this season to date and almost as gutless as Merritt digging his knees into Fasolo (which the MRP should have a look at imo) and trying to crunch Pendlebury which ultimately cost them a goal. If Brisbane players spent the first half playing the ball instead of diving and trying to snipe then perhaps they may not have been 50 points down in the 3rd quarter. I suppose you can't expect much from a club that has been as unprofessional and success starved as Brisbane has been this last decade.

I feel for players like Rockliff and Rich who played it hard all night, they were let down by too many of their teammates.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane lions to be this years surprise packet??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back