Preview Brisbane Lions v Carlton Blues PF, 5.15pm Saturday 23rd Sep 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
grin ... there was a thread not sure how many years ago now and someone had made up a team sheet based on BigFooty posters ... well that was only 22 of them and there was some commentary so they made a second team and then a third before they finally gave up!

With this one not fazed personally as no one ever will have looked at my posts expecting 'more intelligent and on the money analysis' of football and hey I normally read the posts first and only then check out who wrote them (although often you already can tell!) but while I would add some more to the list none of the listed ones (well except for 3KZ is Football when he is in full on troll mode!) are ones whose opinions I would rate less that others...
… and I really hardly ever troll.

* me a few lads getting told how 3KZ is Football really feels. Might head down to the butcher and make myself useful as some chopped liver.
Oh good. Can you pick me up a pound of those pork and fennel sausages they do and two pieces of eye fillet?

We play close to our best, Blues play close to their best, home prelim, we win, it's as simple as that.

That's what makes it so nerve wracking. The GF is so close, we can nearly touch it!

With BT, it depends on which two teams are playing. If it's Collingwood or Richmond, he will barrack for them no matter how far they are behind. In fact BT is worse than Kelli, as BT takes the prime-time games, whereas Kelli only commentates the afternoon games or lower tier games. Kelli's games are avoidable and BT's aren't.

Both are definitely the worst commentators right now.

That being said, Gary Lyon, Gerald Healy, Dermott B, Daisy Peirce and Bradshaw are all equal third - they all suck.
I think I'd rather listen to old Bruce come back just to hear his geriatric ramblings than any of the above.
Very hard to go past Peter McKenna, Don Scott or Bernie Quinlan providing ‘Special Comments’.

Incredibly confident and looking forward to Saturday.

In 2001 we dealt with a good Port side in the QF and a spirited Richmond came up to the GABBA but quickly realised they had no chance. I expect the Blues will quickly realise that we mean business.

Lions by 50+

The quicker we beat them the quicker the Melbourne media's infatuation with all things Carlton will end. They can all then move on to focusing on their next favourite obsession, Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see us winning the territory battle, having more inside 50s and creating more chances, but the key then will be to capitalise.

Hopefully if we get a 4 to 5+ goal lead, Carlton will start rolling the dice a bit more and with heavy legs start coughing it up and then we can stretch away.

However if we are not converting our chances early despite having a heap of entries, only for them to go down the other end with limited chances score.
Creating a 4.10 to 5.1 type scoreline - we could tighten up and it could get awkward.

Bash them up early. Stick the tackles.
Limit Walsh’s drive and we SHOULD have too many weapons.

She's no worse than Jobe tbh. "Flying Ryan" gave me a titter though.

She's better than Jobe. Sometimes I wonder whether Jobe's New York cafe failed because customers slowly backed away and left while he was in the middle of one of his rambling, non-sequitors.
Maybe all those drugs and moral ambiguities fried his brain and his id...

Umpires will be trying their darn hardest for a Blues grand final. Can just see it now… cheap Blue frees inside 50 for shots on goal and later in the game they’ll throw in a few frees our way to even the ledger. But we’ll get our frees up the ground where they won’t have the same impact.

Bookmark it.

I just cannot see the blues dominating our mids, maybe break even, so therefore, I back our forwards to score more goals than their forwards. McKay possibly still a little off and Curnow is not playing West Coast, and his last two weeks have been moderate. 1 point win will do me, but I think we kick away in the 3rd Q and a reasonably comfortable win of 4+ goals.

Just read an article from Kane Cornes on the game in the Age, and it really shows the abysmal level of commentary in AFL. Apparently Brisbane were lucky to defeat Port who supposedly took the lead in the third quarter and would have had a considerable lead if they had kicked straight! Not sure what game he was watching. Why let the facts get in the way of an 8 goal thrashing though.And according to him Brisbane has a soft underbelly and a poor midfield as well. Not sure how we managed to get to second on the ladder. He also makes mention of Jackson Payne, following along with most of the moronic tv commentators. Really hard to stomach the garbage that we have to put up with in Victoria from the media down here.

Don't take it all so seriously, this is really just big footy salty troll level stuff. Just spin

Umpires will be trying their darn hardest for a Blues grand final. Can just see it now… cheap Blue frees inside 50 for shots on goal and later in the game they’ll throw in a few frees our way to even the ledger. But we’ll get our frees up the ground where they won’t have the same impact.

Bookmark it.
Do you think it will matter whether the opponent will be GWS or Collingwood or would the fairy tale be just the comeback Blues making the Granny after x years in the wilderness ... ok nevermind just answered my own question.

That being said ... how can you possibly question the integrity of the impartial guardians of the rules of the game >>gasps<<

Just read an article from Kane Cornes on the game in the Age, and it really shows the abysmal level of commentary in AFL. Apparently Brisbane were lucky to defeat Port who supposedly took the lead in the third quarter and would have had a considerable lead if they had kicked straight! Not sure what game he was watching. Why let the facts get in the way of an 8 goal thrashing though.And according to him Brisbane has a soft underbelly and a poor midfield as well. Not sure how we managed to get to second on the ladder. He also makes mention of Jackson Payne, following along with most of the moronic tv commentators. Really hard to stomach the garbage that we have to put up with in Victoria from the media down here.
He is no doubt thinking of former Lion, the great Jackson Paine, ex-Collingwood.

I'm loving the fact that Carlton and Collingwood have taken all the headlines and to some extent even GWS Orange Tsunami.

Fine with the quiet build up and keeping us at the lower end of the coverage. Just turn on it this saturday boys and bring it home !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back