Game Day Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Round 5 2019, April 18, 7.35pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What're you basing it on? Just a gut feel? I can't really rationally see why we would be off tonight for a whole bunch of reasons.

I think we're almost certainties to bring our best. It mightn't be good enough, but it'll be our best.

Geez I hope you're right. The letdown from last week, the five day break, and the big occasion all make me a bit nervous they might have a down night.

We could be you.

Well - I can assure you that we don't aspire to be anything like you lot.

And cue up all your predictable responses, wheel them out singly or in multiples and I'll cut them all down like the mindless trash that they are.

This is Lion Town buddy - other parts of the world may tremble when Eddie breaks wind, but not here.

Organised tickets for half the office to attend this game.

Now we are all getting ready to leave and the excitment is genuine. Most of them are coming to their first AFL game, and it's an actual sellout.

My reaction right now:
2019-04-17.gif

Organised tickets for half the office to attend this game.

Now we are all getting ready to leave and the excitment is genuine. Most of them are coming to their first AFL game, and it's an actual sellout.

My reaction right now:
2019-04-17.gif

Get into it Rubix :D

Well - I can assure you that we don't aspire to be anything like you lot.

And cue up all your predictable responses, wheel them out singly or in multiples and I'll cut them all down like the mindless trash that they are.

This is Lion Town buddy - other parts of the world may tremble when Eddie breaks wind, but not here.
Relax dude, it's just a bit of friendly banter.

Geez I hope you're right. The letdown from last week, the five day break, and the big occasion all make me a bit nervous they might have a down night.

I get that, but this group has been up for every big occasion game I can think of lately. Hodge vs the Hawks (both times), round 1 against the premiers, Collingwood at the Gabba last year, our first game at Optus Stadium.

It seems the games we've struggled have been the uneventful ones. I think we really seem to feed off energy, and I can't imagine how their energy couldn't be at a record high tonight.

What're you basing it on? Just a gut feel? I can't really rationally see why we would be off tonight for a whole bunch of reasons.

I think we're almost certainties to bring our best. It mightn't be good enough, but it'll be our best.

Gut feeling, and basing Collingwood on being the same level as Essendon skill wise, we should be in for a real test we might not be ready for.

Also short turn around wont help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so bloody pumped for this one, just submitted an assignment going to the gabba with a couple filth mates and a couple unconverted - F**KING UP THE BOYYSSSS

Good luck tonight guys, I think you match up against the Pies pretty well and am tipping you guys for the win.

Been playing some nice footy this year, forget last week, hopefully it was just a blip to wake the young guys up so they realise they need to be on each game.

The progress under Fagan has been impressive and it's great to see a Qld team doing well. As a neutral supporter, I look forward to coming to the Gabba and watching a few of your games this season.

Good luck tonight guys, I think you match up against the Pies pretty well and am tipping you guys for the win.

Been playing some nice footy this year, forget last week, hopefully it was just a blip to wake the young guys up so they realise they need to be on each game.

The progress under Fagan has been impressive and it's great to see a Qld team doing well. As a neutral supporter, I look forward to coming to the Gabba and watching a few of your games this season.

Thanks mate - you blokes touched us up last week, and that may have been a good thing :p

Hopefully we'll roll 'em tonight and send them back sore and sorry for you guys to repeat the dose next week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back