Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
The State of Play: Swans are first on the ladder. Heeney goes out for a week, and we troll the entire comp by bringing in Parker & Mills then kick our highest score of the season against North.

About a month ago I would have stolen a quote from The King! and said 'we'll piss it in'. The Lions were garbage, and we were (and still are) three games ahead of everyone.

Now the Lions have won 5 on the trot and are clearly starting to find form. Admittedly some of these wins have not been against top teams - but form is form and this 8th?vs 1st game might have some teeth to it yet.

I'm scratching my brain to find someone who will stick to Cameron all night like glue.
Help me out crew!
Daniher is one that got away - not once but twice if you take into account history
Which brings me to Dunkley Oh the irony of him wanting to stay close to home only to stray so far now.
It's a mystery.

The real story out of our game against North is probably its impact on selections for Sunday's game.

Parker was on for less than a half of football yet managed to top the tackle count and make it loud and clear to Horse he's not going back to the VFL anytime soon thanks!
Juzzy out with a pcl is rotten timing & with Cunningham unlikely to play as well there's an opportunity for the Swans to swing some positional changes and see what shakes loose. Our mids, wings & small forwards are indeed a versatile bunch.

There's the if it's not broke don't mess with it approach and so far, the current mids mix has been doing not too shabby.
Yesterday Mills spent time on wing & up forward, and I thought Chad spent just a bit more time up forward against North. Papley ran through the mids a bit as he has often done this season. Adams is also a talking point given he was sub last week and a bit of a mixed bag yesterday.

Roberts is sure to be on shaky ground as his form still wasn't stellar. Meanwhile, Amartey has forgotten how to kick a set shot but its not enough to get him dropped. Wicks is going to find it difficult to break back into the team as is stands and given his game yesterday wasn't his best.

The Lions in Brisbane are a tough ask but they're not undefeatable at home, especially this season.

Swans by 4 goals.
GO BLOODS!!:sydney:

Guarantee we win this Game

Load up they are favourites and enjoy the winnings.

Brisbane are doing a good job getting over the line against teams they should beat, but the form line is misleading imo.

Will need to play well for sure but we will be ready .

Swans by 25-125

Heeney in for Jmac and Fox or Roberts sub . See Parker in a full game . I like the versatility of Fox as sub , I know that may seem harsh .

Parker to start forward or bench.

If Parker is in the first bounce and Heeney forward I'll scream

Theres a crew of us driving up (only 2 hr drive).. First game of the year.. Kids go free, so theres 7 youngsters coming along for the ride - Ive got extra Swans beanies , scarves, jumpers, hats etc for 5 of the kids that have never been to game before just to make sure they know who to support

Should be a cracking game (likely 1st v 4th)
Cant wait

Heeney in for Jmac and Fox or Roberts sub . See Parker in a full game . I like the versatility of Fox as sub , I know that may seem harsh .

Its becoming a game of KPPs and mids who can play anywhere.. Swans are loaded with mids who play multiple positions
Heeney, Gulden, Campbell, JMac, Florent, Warner, Jordon, Mills, Parker etc etc etc
Good luck coaching against that!

Not as optimistic as you, Swans by 24-124

Great preview !

Out: Jmac, Roberts

In: Heeney, Wicks

Sub: Adams

We can not play Roberts on Charlie, he will kick 6 goals if we do. Cunningham out is a loss, he’s a great match up for Charlie. Maybe Fox does the job.

Wicks going better than Roberts for mine at the moment. Adams as sub as we need more game time into Parks.

Its becoming a game of KPPs and mids who can play anywhere.. Swans are loaded with mids who play multiple positions
Heeney, Gulden, Campbell, JMac, Florent, Warner, Jordon, Mills, Parker etc etc etc
Good luck coaching against that!

Not as optimistic as you, Swans by 24-124

That mark and goal Parker took for his 200th goal was a real telling moment yesterday, I love Wicks but he doesn't get that grab.

Great preview !

Out: Jmac, Roberts

In: Heeney, Wicks

Sub: Adams

We can not play Roberts on Charlie, he will kick 6 goals if we do. Cunningham out is a loss, he’s a great match up for Charlie. Maybe Fox does the job.

Wicks going better than Roberts for mine at the moment. Adams as sub as we need more game time into Parks.

Adams as sub ... no thanks rather rest him.

Cunningham any chance ?

I think we need to almost decide if Roberts is best 23 and ride with him or move him to the VFL soon, he did get better as the game went .

I thought Fox sub, but maybe he plays on Cameron ?

Glad I'm not coach

I reckon we will trouble them with our three tall forward line. Lions are only playing 2 genuine tall backs this year and with Paine out, it essentially means if we can keep Andrews out of the game, we should control the air. This job should go to Mclean. R1 2021 Mclean did a number on Andrews and we smashed them with Logan kicking 3 on debut. Logan v Lester and Amartey v Joyce should be contests we win. The key will be matching the Lions mids and getting enough rebound out of defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that's the other option just ride Parker as sub the rest of the year
It's a genuine option IMO.

I think there are pros and cons to it though.

The pros are that it's a good way to get maximum impact out of him (45 mins of helter skelter Parker footy might actually be better than say 100 minutes at a slightly lower intensity); and if all the other players who made us the best team this year all perform, then we shouldn't really need Parker til later in games anyway, if at all.

The cons are that he'd probably need full games here and there just to stay in best condition; and maybe the most important one - if he's earned a full game with his form as sub, then he deserves a full game and should get it, just like any other player.

Adams as sub ... no thanks rather rest him.

Cunningham any chance ?

I think we need to almost decide if Roberts is best 23 and ride with him or move him to the VFL soon, he did get better as the game went .

I thought Fox sub, but maybe he plays on Cameron ?

Glad I'm not coach
Your earlier point on midfielders is a good one - we can literally slot these guys to cover gaps and play their role wherever they’re needed. With Harry out, I actually think Papley would be the best match up on Cameron not that we should ever do that !

Theres a crew of us driving up (only 2 hr drive).. First game of the year.. Kids go free, so theres 7 youngsters coming along for the ride - Ive got extra Swans beanies , scarves, jumpers, hats etc for 5 of the kids that have never been to game before just to make sure they know who to support

Should be a cracking game (likely 1st v 4th)
Cant wait
Woo, Mister B goes in for free, you’re in dude!

Your earlier point on midfielders is a good one - we can literally slot these guys to cover gaps and play their role wherever they’re needed. With Harry out, I actually think Papley would be the best match up on Cameron not that we should ever do that !

Papley on Cameron? interesting sure , I just don't want to hear that farkn country road song

It's a genuine option IMO.

I think there are pros and cons to it though.

The pros are that it's a good way to get maximum impact out of him (45 mins of helter skelter Parker footy might actually be better than say 100 minutes at a slightly lower intensity); and if all the other players who made us the best team this year all perform, then we shouldn't really need Parker til later in games anyway, if at all.

The cons are that he'd probably need full games here and there just to stay in best condition; and maybe the most important one - if he's earned a full game with his form as sub, then he deserves a full game and should get it, just like any other player.

Yeah I think we need to see how he goes in a full game .

You can probably over complicate the sub, just pick the best 22 and make 23 a sub? Though then you get Mark Seaby

Oh well good luck Horse

I reckon we will trouble them with our three tall forward line. Lions are only playing 2 genuine tall backs this year and with Paine out, it essentially means if we can keep Andrews out of the game, we should control the air. This job should go to Mclean. R1 2021 Mclean did a number on Andrews and we smashed them with Logan kicking 3 on debut. Logan v Lester and Amartey v Joyce should be contests we win. The key will be matching the Lions mids and getting enough rebound out of defence.
Why not send Hayward to Andrews? Hayward has done a job on oppos very good intercepting defenders before, and with players like Parker, Heeney, warner resting forward, we've plenty of medium tall firepower

Agree. We should start calling Foxy Inspector Gadget - he's capable of playing so many roles for us.

Yeah, definitely my second preference, with GWS a very distant third.

Well my second preference is the game is cancelled and the league dissolves . Then the Suns (I still believe) then Lions

Agree. We should start calling Foxy Inspector Gadget - he's capable of playing so many roles for us.

Inspector Gadget was pretty incompetent though, maybe we should call Fox Penny - she did all the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back