Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions are tired, travelling 3 weeks in a row plus those come backs take their toll

Lions are carrying more injuries than we are

Be close at quarter time and you'd back us to win. Be close for the clearances and you'd back us to win.
We thought the same about the dogs in 16

Please let’s just get it done

Geez I think I’ll be seeking an early nerve settler tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be first GF attendance for me. Headed up from Melb for the QF the other week which was my first SCG/home game experience, a special one to say the least.

Planning on heading into town by midday or so tomorrow. Where will some of you faithful on here be lurking, any pub recommendations in the Swan St vicinity to post up at before marching towards the G?

Going in solo as usual but just grateful I snagged a ballot ticket tbh (section Q55, row CC, apparently restricted view 🤷‍♂️)

Hopefully I sleep okay tonight

Geez I think I’ll be seeking an early nerve settler tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be first GF attendance for me. Headed up from Melb for the QF the other week which was my first SCG/home game experience, a special one to say the least.

Planning on heading into town by midday or so tomorrow. Where will some of you faithful on here be lurking, any pub recommendations in the Swan St vicinity to post up at before marching towards the G?

Going in solo as usual but just grateful I snagged a ballot ticket tbh (section Q55, row CC, apparently restricted view 🤷‍♂️)

Hopefully I sleep okay tonight

p.s. only just noticed the separate meet-ups thread sorry

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn’t sleep at all last night

Geez
I now its difficult by try and switch off if you can - read a book, watch tv. Anything to turn your mind off otherwise you'll be exhausted before you get there.

Nothing you can do or say will cause a result in the match. If it did we'd have won every GF we played in - find some zen if you can and switch off so you can sleep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea how this game will go early. We can’t let them get off to a flyer though. Brodie Grundy is going to be the key matchup I think. We’ve recruited him for a reason. Hopefully it comes to fruition

I now its difficult by try and switch off if you can - read a book, watch tv. Anything to turn your mind off otherwise you'll be exhausted before you get there.

Nothing you can do or say will cause a result in the match. If it did we'd have won every GF we played in - find some zen if you can and switch off so you can sleep.
Very true tic

Out of our hands

Please pardon my intrusion,
I am cheering for the swans tomorrow,
My late late Grandmothers son transferred from Sandringham to South Melbourne back in the day his name was Kevin Collins.
Didn't play there long as the money was better in the VFA back then.
Also my late Grand Mother was a South Melbourne supporter.
Good Luck Ladies and Gents

Marty

Didn’t sleep at all last night

Geez

This is great advice. In addition, if you're not a book/tv distraction type of person, (some people aren't, myself included) yoga or other slow methodical stretching are also good physical things to get you out of your own head.

Not that there's anything wrong with books and tv, but I know some folks just find that they turn their brains on rather than off.

I'm watching Iron Man 2 tonight with a whisky, corned beef, potato gems and vegetables. A perfect distraction

I went to the gym after work and watched the 4th quarter of the 05 and 12 grand finals while I was on the bike, I'm knackered for sleep and emotionally ready for a nailbiter.

Watching AFLW :)

Then playing games (something I never get time to do) for the rest of the night.

I usually crash out completely by about 10 or 10:30 imagine I will be able to.

Funnily it's the first grand final I have not been nervous for (three reasons for this).

1. The confidence of bedford (I really value his opinions and sources).
2. I think doing competing in a world cup and doing an Olympic Qualifying campaign has killed me being nervous about other sporting teams (more terrifying when it's on you)
3. And most importantly this season we have done absolutely everything in our power to be here and have really had the actual ideal build up
  • Top of the ladder with ease
  • Had a mini slip, partially due to an extra pre-season but also because some teams figured us out, this forced us to change our game plan a bit, come up with plans b and c.
Our team is mature, is strong and really haven't let us down this year, expect us to turn up tomorrow and do our absolute best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back