Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be a tough game but I don't think our premiership favouritism rests on beating Brisbane.

We've more than proven ourselves this year.

Yep exactly we lose we are clear first , they lose they are out of the 8 probably .

We already know who is better

You always know what you're going to get with Reid. Barring injury he's guaranteed to make a contest. I don't think it's a bad thing letting amartey know there is competition + giving Reid a sniff in seniors incase we need him. If Amartey or McLean goes down Reid's your guy. If that happened I'd feel more confident knowing Reid's had a sniff.

We're in a position where we can rest players and set ourselves up. Use it imo.
Yep, another injury......

If we were going to drop Amartey - and I don't think we should, I'd be giving Hamling a run before Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An underrated cartoon dog for sure. I mean he couldn't fly his kennel and write a novel, but he was certainly a better detective than Scooby.
Dog Fight GIF by Scooby-Doo

They have beaten 1 team in the top 8 during this period of dominance.
Doesn't help that every club outside of Sydney/Carlton is yo-yoing like a turd on a friday arvo.

I read somewhere that the Lions are the team Sydney has played the least in the last ten?? years.

Maybe just as well. We've only beaten them once in the past five encounters. That was the famous R1 game at the Gabba in 2021.

After our little late-season form dip we should have too much pressure and too much firepower, despite their recent surge in form.
That would not surprise me at all. Haven't had many double ups against them for a long while, well at least it feels like it. We had a run where we didn't play them in Brisbane for quite a while too, though not so much a factor in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back