Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane is such a weak ****ing club
Whatever happened to the old Brisbane v swans thread they used to drag up every year? It started when the AFL tried to create a Syd/Brisbane rivalry and everyone was taking the P155 about it. It was hilarious with some very clever posters.
I will have to see if they have dredged it up again...

Whatever happened to the old Brisbane v swans thread they used to drag up every year? It started when the AFL tried to create a Syd/Brisbane rivalry and everyone was taking the P155 about it. It was hilarious with some very clever posters.
I will have to see if they have dredged it up again...
It's still there and still running hot!

A summary of what i've read and my responses from the first 7 pages:

- First time we've been underdogs this season
No it's not. Collingwood were favourites against us on the MCG. So it's the second time.

- Send Hayward to Andrews
Ah it's not as easy as that. Andrews will just stroll over to Amartey/Logan and leave them with a spare defender

-The sub/lineup talk
Heeney in for McInerney
Cunninghman (if fit, hammys are 3 weeks, it will have been 3 weeks) for Roberts
Fox to sub.....for mine

- Brisbane haven't really beaten anyone
Yeah but winning form is good form. And does wonders for confidence

- The Neale tag
Yes we 100% can. Around the ground. CBAs go head to head, much like Jordon did with Serong in the second half. Follow Neale around the ground, get into him, niggle him. He hates it and has a whinge

- Reid possibly in?
No, just no. The only way he comes in is for McLean to play ruck/fwd. Amartey's natural replacement would be Hamling

Anyway I'm heading up for this. First time at the GABBA. Pretty excited.
Reckon we'll piss it in. Brisbane haven't faced a beast like us in some time. Huge adjustment to playing your Adelaides and West Coasts.

Your earlier point on midfielders is a good one - we can literally slot these guys to cover gaps and play their role wherever they’re needed. With Harry out, I actually think Papley would be the best match up on Cameron not that we should ever do that !
I’ve read some stuff on Bigfooty in my time…

They have beaten 1 team in the top 8 during this period of dominance.
Can only beat who's in front of you. Port, Bulldogs, and Melbourne are good wins, and Adelaide haven't really been that far off the mark (lost 6 of their games by 15 points or less)

Lions will still be tough

Great preview !

Out: Jmac, Roberts

In: Heeney, Wicks

Sub: Adams

We can not play Roberts on Charlie, he will kick 6 goals if we do. Cunningham out is a loss, he’s a great match up for Charlie. Maybe Fox does the job.

Wicks going better than Roberts for mine at the moment. Adams as sub as we need more game time into Parks.
100% this.
Brisbane also has problems defending smalls so with Wicks back, Parker and Warner visiting to add to Papley and Hayward they won't know which way to look.
Adams can have a partial rest while maintaining contact with the group and replace either Parker or Mills.
Fox in defence. Mills off the bench or on the wing.
Not totally on board with Campbell in defence as it makes us a bit short but if he rotates with Mills it might work OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% this.
Brisbane also has problems defending smalls so with Wicks back, Parker and Warner visiting to add to Papley and Hayward they won't know which way to look.
Adams can have a partial rest while maintaining contact with the group and replace either Parker or Mills.
Fox in defence. Mills off the bench or on the wing.
Not totally on board with Campbell in defence as it makes us a bit short but if he rotates with Mills it might work OK.
Wicks was poor in the half he played in VFL. Doubt very much he'll be back.

Why not send Hayward to Andrews? Hayward has done a job on oppos very good intercepting defenders before, and with players like Parker, Heeney, warner resting forward, we've plenty of medium tall firepower
Hayward would try hard but he can't spoil Andrews just not tall or jumpy enough. In the end Andrews will decide who he plays on (or off!).

Cameron has to get onto the ground first..

..Cameron drove Duggan [WCE] into the ground in the opening moments of the second quarter on Sunday, with the premiership defender's head hitting the Optus Stadium turf and resulting in his substitution moments later after he left the ground dazed.
It's an incident likely to draw Match Review scrutiny given the result to Duggan, but Fagan was hopeful Cameron would not find himself fronting the Tribunal for the second time this season..

Reid down back, not out of the question KC.
Lions talls Daniher and Hipwood are playing well, and will trouble us

Out: JMac, Adams (to sub)
In: Heeney, Parker (from sub)

With Heeney and Parker in, you've got another mid and forward to alternate. Probably Heeney a bit more in the midfield, but Parker in at early or late CBs in each quarter to either fire things up or take advantage of fatigued mids.

JJ at half forward on Zorko, who is playing at HB, their main rebounding threat. Leading the Lions for Rebound 50s, Metres Gained, intercepts for a small.

With alternating Parker/Heeney and JJ at or inside F50, this allows Fox to move onto Cameron. Otherwise it's Mills, Florent, maybe Campbell. Fox is the only one with speed, defensive ability and also isn't one of our key rebound outlets.

TMac on Daniher, Melican on Hipwood, Rampe on Morris.

Campbell and Lloyd to play more on the wing, in place of JMac.

If Fox is down back, Mills is freed up to attend a few CBs, go up forward, wherever we need him.

With an 8 day break, I'd give Amartey and Blakey a lighter week to freshen up a bit on the run. Not likely to get a rest over the next month, until we sew up top spot.
Excellent post, nailed it. Tactical sub Adams on so Parker can go full beast mode. JJ can get right under Zorko's skin. Daniher and Hipwood both roam a lot so we might need Mills covering space upfield.

Reid down back, not out of the question KC.
Lions talls Daniher and Hipwood are playing well, and will trouble us
Not out of the question no. Here comes the but.
Daniher and Hipwood are both most damaging on the lead (IMO). Neither Tom nor Lewis will be able to prevent them on their own. Others will need to block the leading lanes. Reid hasn't trained in defence, he won't help with the organisation. He's a good mark but needs to get a run at it, which doesn't often happen in defence. He's terrific at pressure in F50 but that's not really relevant.
I love the guy but don't think that would be a good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back