Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron has to get onto the ground first..

..Cameron drove Duggan [WCE] into the ground in the opening moments of the second quarter on Sunday, with the premiership defender's head hitting the Optus Stadium turf and resulting in his substitution moments later after he left the ground dazed.
It's an incident likely to draw Match Review scrutiny given the result to Duggan, but Fagan was hopeful Cameron would not find himself fronting the Tribunal for the second time this season..
Will be very interesting to see what happens.
I never saw the footage of the first tackle that he got off - the good bloke one, was it similar to this? If so you'd have to think he couldn't possibly get off again, good bloke or not.
Going by what Fagan said, if he does get cited the Lions will go with something like "The opposition or crowd had no issue with it so why should you" defence.

I never saw the footage of the first tackle that he got off - the good bloke one, was it similar to this? If so you'd have to think he couldn't possibly get off again, good bloke or not.
Going by what Fagan said, if he does get cited the Lions will go with something like "The opposition or crowd had no issue with it so why should you" defence.
He will get off. I am not sure there is much he could do and one arm is free holding the ball from the way I looked at it. Reality is, who knows anymore, concussions used to be a clear week, now we see they are not even cited. Mths MRO makes it up as they go and then it’s a lucky dip…..unless the AFL want to make a statement that they don’t favour Brownlow contenders over anyone else.

Good guy tackle was a legit sling. Nothing in this one. Would be pretty average if he didn't get off tbh.

I’m a bit more skeptical of this game than most. Our recent form isn’t as bad as it seems and their recent form isn’t as good as it seems but I really rate the Lions. They face the same challenges that we do when they reach a grand final so I don’t really dismiss their quality just because they’ve blown a couple of opportunities for a flag.

This, in my opinion, seals top spot if we win. Comfortably our hardest test of the remaining games and will give us even more confidence if we knock them off at home.

Parker will never be this fresh again and this is a game we should be going all out to win so I say put him in from the bounce and if he needs to he sub the following week that’s fine but not this week. Make sure the Lions feel his wrath while our other midfielders burn them with speed.

Logan will probably have another good outing as well. He’s simmering.

Then there’s Heeney. Returning after the AFL robbed him of a huge chance at a Brownlow medal you know he will be fired up and I would expect a couple of goals from him.

If we are within 6-10 points at QT we will win by 3 goals or so in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a bit more skeptical of this game than most. Our recent form isn’t as bad as it seems and their recent form isn’t as good as it seems but I really rate the Lions. They face the same challenges that we do when they reach a grand final so I don’t really dismiss their quality just because they’ve blown a couple of opportunities for a flag.

This, in my opinion, seals top spot if we win. Comfortably our hardest test of the remaining games and will give us even more confidence if we knock them off at home.

Parker will never be this fresh again and this is a game we should be going all out to win so I say put him in from the bounce and if he needs to he sub the following week that’s fine but not this week. Make sure the Lions feel his wrath while our other midfielders burn them with speed.

Logan will probably have another good outing as well. He’s simmering.

Then there’s Heeney. Returning after the AFL robbed him of a huge chance at a Brownlow medal you know he will be fired up and I would expect a couple of goals from him.

If we are within 6-10 points at QT we will win by 3 goals or so in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yer definitely but they had a absolute golden opportunity to nail a flag or two during the covid years with
Finals/GF in Brisbane.

Very good performance in last year GF as well its all you can ask as a supporter, 1st quarters worry me a lot they sustained a pressure rating of 200+ some quarters it was 240 against the Eagles which doesnt bode well for us.

We just have to be switched on i know its a broken record but first quarters they could pile on 5-6 no problems before we even respond.

Yer definitely but they had a absolute golden opportunity to nail a flag or two during the covid years with
Finals/GF in Brisbane.

Very good performance in last year GF as well its all you can ask as a supporter, 1st quarters worry me a lot they sustained a pressure rating of 200+ some quarters it was 240 against the Eagles which doesnt bode well for us.

We just have to be switched on i know its a broken record but first quarters they could pile on 5-6 no problems before we even respond.
Good old pressure rating

No. This was far worse than the Heeney incident. Not accidental, with serious consequences for the player concerned. Should get weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
It was worse, but the rules are different this v Heeneys . This will be graded or argued to careless.

I'm hoping we've put our midseason lull in the rearview. Play like we did the first 2 months of the season and we'll win.

I will just drop a reminder that we've earned our 3 game buffer and we only have to go 2 & 4 the rest of the way to finish top, so dropping another to the red hot Lions at the GABBA wouldn't be the end of the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping we've put our midseason lull in the rearview. Play like we did the first 2 months of the season and we'll win.

I will just drop a reminder that we've earned our 3 game buffer and we only have to go 2 & 4 the rest of the way to finish top, so dropping another to the red hot Lions at the GABBA wouldn't be the end of the world.
One word - momentum. The Saints game in particular was a momentum killer and we need to get it back. An easy kill over North doesn't cut it. A good win (good in character, margin not important) over the Lions at their place would.

One word - momentum. The Saints game in particular was a momentum killer and we need to get it back. An easy kill over North doesn't cut it. A good win (good in character, margin not important) over the Lions at their place would.
Don't disagree at all. We really should win this to consolidate what we saw on the weekend.

They're an outstanding team, especially at home, with oodles of AAs and a dual Brownlowist leading the midfield - arguably, on paper, their list is the most talented in the comp.

Really looking forward to this, should be a cracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back