Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke, those sort of tackles happen half a dozen times a game. No slinging action. The only difference is the resulting concussion, which is going to happen in a contact sport. Don't cry when one of our players is wiped out for a final for something similar.

The AFL is just covering their butts legally when players start suing them for CTE.
Do you think Brad Shepherd’s legal action has anything to do with the sudden uptick in the severity of penalties?
Players sue for concussion symptoms. Families might sue for CTE but currently it is only a post-Mortimer diagnosis.

Do you think Brad Shepherd’s legal action has anything to do with the sudden uptick in the severity of penalties?
Players sue for concussion symptoms. Families might sue for CTE but currently it is only a post-Mortimer diagnosis.
Definitely a massive crackdown on actions which leave the ball carrier no options to save themselves. Yes it looks off that these tackles get 3 games but all of them have the common theme of pinning both arms and a driving force with contact of the head to the turf.

Woo, Mister B goes in for free, you’re in dude!
My parents didn't sign my permission form to go. :( They never let me do anything! Why do they hate me?
Youtube Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

****ing bullshit and the Bedford one is even worse. They are punishing tackle outcomes, not player actions at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if the ultra soft Heeney suspension drove them to crack down this week.

Cameron should play, especially as he was useless last time we met.
Haha fair point. And he’s in much worse form this year!

It can be a cliche but he is taking the opposition’s best lockdown defender and it’s allowed Lohman to be dangerous. Cameron has also been pretty good defensively. And kicking 2 or so a game. I reckon we’ll miss him, we are appealing. I just feel after the bullshit good bloke get off he won’t get off again.

Agree with a few of your posters that being a goal or two down at qt would be a good result for the swans. Our starts are at opposite ends of the spectrum!

Added on to that we are just not putting away sides at the gabba this year. Blues won from 46 up, saints were 37 down got within 7, adelaide got close after going 4 goals down.

Also agree with a few of the posters here saying we are not in red hot form. Played very well v dogs and port in our 6 game streak. The rest we have just done enough. So a very good test of whether we are making up the numbers or not.

And what terrifies me? Your small / mid forwards. Papley. Heeney fresh off a rest. Warner pushing up there. We have let smalls kick bags this year - Keays, Higgins, pickett…. And our best stopper starcevich is coming off concussion.

Had a vivid dream we won the grand final. 160-100 against Geelong, but I forgot it was on and turned on at the end to see Grundy celebrating and Wicks had kicked 6 goals.

I woke up before the medal presentation so cannot name the norm smith winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a vivid dream we won the grand final. 160-100 against Geelong, but I forgot it was on and turned on at the end to see Grundy celebrating and Wicks had kicked 6 goals.

I had a dream the other night in a work meeting someone's mini baby T-Rex climbed out of their coffee cup, jumped onto the floor, transformed into a spider that jumped and bit my leg causing me to violently jolt in bed, waking up my partner who just found me almost hyperventilating.

Swap?

Funny, I had a similar dream earlier in the season. Grand final against Geelong. I was confident we'd well and truly atone for 2022. In the dream I ran into some trouble getting to the game, finally made it to the ground during the 3rd quarter, ran to my seat, looked up at the scoreboard and we were getting smashed, I was gutted.

Long story short, I hope you're the prophet.

I had a dream the other night in a work meeting someone's mini baby T-Rex climbed out of their coffee cup, jumped onto the floor, transformed into a spider that jumped and bit my leg causing me to violently jolt in bed, waking up my partner who just found me almost hyperventilating.

Swap?

Ummmm The T Rex was fine, but the Spider got you.

Was having a drink with a couple of astute football brains on Saturday night and raised the point that I thought we would risk Harry coming back as in the past he has done a fairly solid job of shutting down Charlie Cameron. I think the suspension takes this out of the question and they will keep him out for another week.

Let's be clear though, if Cameron was playing, Harry definitely would have played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back