Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitting everyone in will be tricky, plays on Rayner please
I mean, I like Roberts but he hasn't looked good at all the last few weeks. Think he really just needs a solid block of form in the VFL and with Cunningham, Mills, Fox etc. all in the team, we can give him that.

I mean, I like Roberts but he hasn't looked good at all the last few weeks. Think he really just needs a solid block of form in the VFL and with Cunningham, Mills, Fox etc. all in the team, we can give him that.

Only thing that worries me a bit is this habbit of Horse playing players underdone in a big game away from home. Do hope he's learnt from doing this.

Cunningham missed two games, I think he'll be fine.

I agree, but I'm nervous, maybe it's the Reid disaster in my head but we are in such a good position we don't need to risk our players

We need to start like fliers. Our starts have been very underwhelming. We don't want to give the ball away as many times as we did in the first half last week or we will get punished.

From about the 20 minute mark of the second we were wonderful. We had that early patch in the second, then for some unknown reason we slacked off and our pressure & disposal went to shite.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like a couple have said, I'd have Heeney and Cunningham in for McInerney and Roberts. Adams for sub for mine.

No to Adams as sub! Worst sub idea and it was shown to be terrible the last time we attempted it

Part of me kinda hopes our sluggishness over the last few weeks has been because we've had our eye on this one as something of a big one to gear ourselves up for, but I doubt that's how teams work.

In general we have played better against the good sides not a bad thing so long as you don’t flop against poor sides too often.

Wouldn’t be shocked if we went through a training load too a month back

I hope we take our time with brining Cunningham back so that he is safe to run out finals.

He is one of our most important players structurally - small forwards kill us when he is not in the team.

I think we should be training up Campbell or Wicks to backup / replace Cunningham.
Not sure if Campbell or Wicks are the right choice but the principle is definitely right. We have tried a few without success so far.

Anybody else for giving half the team the week off over the next two games?
3 games ahead, only need to win 3 from here for a home prelim I think....

Getting rest into Melican (due to injury history), Blakey, Grundy, Rowbottom, Gulden and a game or two into potential injury cover like Ladhams, Arnold, Francis, Hamling and off course full games into Mills and Parker, Cunningham...

The benefits over the last bloc of the season and into finals potentially great. And we still might beat them...

Or we going to be Southgates and play the chosen ones every game no matter what and run them all into the ground so they're all knackered by GF day?

In anycase I'd be keen for Amartey to sit one out and work on his goal kicking routine and play Hamling.

No to Adams as sub! Worst sub idea and it was shown to be terrible the last time we attempted it
Yeah, but you and others keep saying Fox is the ideal sub when he's usually nowhere near his best when coming on as sub. Far better when in the 22, but no-one seems to have noticed (though he is one of my favourites).

Anybody else for giving half the team the week off over the next two games?
3 games ahead, only need to win 3 from here for a home prelim I think....

Getting rest into Melican (due to injury history), Blakey, Grundy, Rowbottom, Gulden and a game or two into potential injury cover like Ladhams, Arnold, Francis, Hamling and off course full games into Mills and Parker, Cunningham...

The benefits over the last bloc of the season and into finals potentially great. And we still might beat them...

Or we going to be Southgates and play the chosen ones every game no matter what and run them all into the ground so they're all knackered by GF day?

In anycase I'd be keen for Amartey to sit one out and work on his goal kicking routine and play Hamling.
You've been on this resting crap for weeks ! NO resting unless an injury needs it

Yeah, but you and others keep saying Fox is the ideal sub when he's usually nowhere near his best when coming on as sub. Far better when in the 22, but no-one seems to have noticed (though he is one of my favourites).

Better sub than Adams who is a genuine inside midfielder. Campbell sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back