Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, let's push Campbell back out of the 22...again. With Jmac missing.

Adams was good as sub 2 weeks ago, not really sure what you're talking about either.

Good as sub? We lost the game not totally because of it but partly because he was named as sub rubbish selection call that one. Can always just leave Parker as the sub

I either want to win this by less than a goal or by like, 40+ points.

Want to prove we can win close ones against the top sides in the comp away from home or completely flex muscle and show we are 3 games on top for a reason. None of this losing but having more scoring shots bullshit

Good as sub? We lost the game not totally because of it but partly because he was named as sub rubbish selection call that one. Can always just leave Parker as the sub
I'm on the Parker (into the 22) side of that equation. We're getting Heeney back too.

If Cunningham is back, then he's likely in for Roberts (or god forbid, Fox).

So sub options are Campbell and Adams really.

With Jmac out, I'd be leaving Campbell in, since he's one of the best options to fill the gap he leaves.

Adams was good as sub, even if you think he should have played the full game.

I am uncomfortably confident this week, I just feel like we are better than the Lions and will win well. This is what makes me uncomfortable.

I'm on the Parker (into the 22) side of that equation. We're getting Heeney back too.

If Cunningham is back, then he's likely in for Roberts (or god forbid, Fox).

So sub options are Campbell and Adams really.

With Jmac out, I'd be leaving Campbell in, since he's one of the best options to fill the gap he leaves.

Adams was good as sub, even if you think he should have played the full game.

Adams plays in the midfield thanks and there is no question on it. If you are worried about the wings shift Gulden out there Mills can play outside too. Campbell or Fox as the sub either or not fussed

Adams plays in the midfield thanks and there is no question on it. If you are worried about the wings shift Gulden out there Mills can play outside too. Campbell or Fox as the sub either or not fussed
There is a question, and this will excite someone, it's a matter of speed (and ball use tbh).

If we bring Heeney, Parker in, to join Rowy, Warner as our prime midfield team (with the usual cameos from Gulden and Papley), Adams is less crucial. He was at 24% of CBs in a full game (less than Parker), and didn't look great early when North were up and about.

What do you mean shift Gulden to the wings? That's already his main position, albeit he attended more CBs last week.

Your suggestion of Mills to the wing highlights my earlier point about speed (and ball use). You're happy to load up on slower guys, who don't use it as well, in more positions, when we've lost Jmac, one of our best wing/flankers. Campbell is no Blakey, but he's got a step and better disposal over the likes of Mills, Adams.

There is a question, and this will excite someone, it's a matter of speed (and ball use tbh).

If we bring Heeney, Parker in, to join Rowy, Warner as our prime midfield team (with the usual cameos from Gulden and Papley), Adams is less crucial. He was at 24% of CBs in a full game (less than Parker), and didn't look great early when North were up and about.

What do you mean shift Gulden to the wings? That's already his main position, albeit he attended more CBs last week.

Your suggestion of Mills to the wing highlights my earlier point about speed (and ball use). You're happy to load up on slower guys, who don't use it as well, in more positions, when we've lost Jmac, one of our best wing/flankers. Campbell is no Blakey, but he's got a step and better disposal over the likes of Mills, Adams.

Not bringing in Parker to play midfield first and foremost, if he plays up forward please. Adams/Rowy/Warner with Gulden plus Mills on the wings. Be smart this is a good Brisbane side and this is playing it smart.

I really like that we now have four genuine options who can play forward or mid - Heeney, Warner, Adams, Parker - and we can alternate them around depending on the in-game circumstances.

If Warner's getting tagged we can send him forward.

If Heeney's sore we can rest him forward.

If it's wet and scrappy we can throw Adams into the mids.

If we need a lockdown job in the mids we can use Parker.

Etc.

Throw in Mills who can do all of the above and whatever the heck he wants really.

Rowbottom on the inside and Gulden on the outside just keep doing what they're doing.

It's a very versatile group with options, whilst still being small and set enough they can be familiar with each other's game and build chemistry with each other, which I still think is the most important thing with a midfield group.

I really like that we now have four genuine options who can play forward or mid - Heeney, Warner, Adams, Parker - and we can alternate them around depending on the in-game circumstances.

If Warner's getting tagged we can send him forward.

If Heeney's sore we can rest him forward.

If it's wet and scrappy we can throw Adams into the mids.

If we need a lockdown job in the mids we can use Parker.

Etc.

Throw in Mills who can do all of the above and whatever the heck he wants really.

Rowbottom on the inside and Gulden on the outside just keep doing what they're doing.

It's a very versatile group with options, whilst still being small and set enough they can be familiar with each other's game and build chemistry with each other, which I still think is the most important thing with a midfield group.
It's perfect weather 23 and fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody else for giving half the team the week off over the next two games?
3 games ahead, only need to win 3 from here for a home prelim I think....

Getting rest into Melican (due to injury history), Blakey, Grundy, Rowbottom, Gulden and a game or two into potential injury cover like Ladhams, Arnold, Francis, Hamling and off course full games into Mills and Parker, Cunningham...

The benefits over the last bloc of the season and into finals potentially great. And we still might beat them...

Or we going to be Southgates and play the chosen ones every game no matter what and run them all into the ground so they're all knackered by GF day?

In anycase I'd be keen for Amartey to sit one out and work on his goal kicking routine and play Hamling.

Definitely some merit in resting guys closer to the end of the season for a bit of a freshener. Grundy would be a prime candidate. Tommy Mac, Blakey, even a Warner and/or Gulden.

I don't need to do overnight temps when we are playing early afternoon , but your winds need explaining
Offshore. Dry low humidity winds from land.
In Brisbane. Mid winter. Usually weak.
That usually turns to a light Seabreeze off the bay around 11am. Little bit more humidity. However very pleasant.

Lindsay Lohan Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back