Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This I agree with.

I'm not sure what people want from the football media.

Sweetness and light? Unicorns and butterflies?

Who gives a toss what a bunch of flogs think?
Exactly , you do like your club getting love , but most footy shows are an hour and they have to go through 9 games , so ones like ours last week don't get the same attention , also we are not on to Sunday

Brisbane are going to come at us especially hard.

If they lose they will drop from fourth to potentially out of the eight.
See the log jammed table below.

View attachment 2050963
Would have to be an absolute mauling of a game for them to be overtaken by Fremantle but Fremantle still loose to allow Melbourne to jump them but your right in saying that they could easily fall to 8 given the weekend games

Brisbane are going to come at us especially hard.

If they lose they will drop from fourth to potentially out of the eight.
See the log jammed table below.
I think they're leading the comp as most offensive % for the last 6 weeks. They've got their mojo back and will be full of confidence.

We've got to absorb the pressure because that's what teams will be throwing at us, and we need to keep doing it or get overwhelmed.

Huge fortnight coming up for us - less so because winning will fundamentally change our likely finishing position, but because by winning we could irreparably damage the seasons of two potential significant finals rivals - Brisbane need to finish top 4 for mine to be a true challenger for the flag, and while all the talk is about how the fairypuppies are contenders, we could potentially end their chances on Sunday week if Geelong beat them at Kardinia this week.

Last edited:
I think they're leading the comp as most offensive % for the last 6 weeks. They've got their mojo back and will be full of confidence.

We've got to absorb the pressure because that's what teams will be throwing at us, and we need to keep doing it or get overwhelmed.
Brenton Sanderson was great in his views and what's coming up , it was on SEN this morning if you can get it up , strangely never said who should be the sub

Brenton Sanderson was great in his views and what's coming up , it was on SEN this morning if you can get it up , strangely never said who should be the sub
Thanks for the heads up, I've always liked his analysis of upcoming games. But you need to tell me which show when you make these posts Bedder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking Parker will go to Neale, which probably means he has to play the full game. Which might not be such a bad thing. It's often said that the second game back from an injury lay-off is harder than the first, so this might be the ideal game to make Mills sub instead.
Interesting reading the Lions preview. Very civilised and thoughtful and similar to ours in many ways ie who goes to who, how do they cover the loss of Cameron, tactics and so on. A couple of players whose form concerns them.
Blakey worries them. Berry to Chad to try to get under his skin, someone to run with Gulden (thankless job!).
Well worth your time if you have it to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back