Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Literally every shot with the 3 is a 50/50 because there is just zero consistency game to game.

Could possibly cost us in a big final.

Mental ? I don't know why

Logan walks in then does that extra dip thing, which he didn't do v Freo from memory either, so he lacks consistency in the ball drop at times .

I wouldn't be disappointed if Cleary and/or Campbell are selected for finals, they've been very impressive.

Let's face it, maybe it's unfair but there's only one player who staying in would cause a real genuine angst

I'm picking what I think is the best team, not necessarily just the best 22/23 players we have on our list.

In: McCartin Heeney Papley/JMac
Out: Francis Adams Cleary

FB: Cunningham McCartin Mills
HB: Roberts Melican Blakey
C: Gulden Warner Florent
HF: Campbell McDonald Hayward
FF: Parker McLean Amartey
R: Grundy Rowbottom Heeney
Int: Rampe Jordon Lloyd Papley/JMac
Sub: Fox

E: Ladhams Adams Cleary

Yeah yeah Adams and yeah yeah Horse won't do it, I know. The likelihood though is with Heeney back, as well as both Warner and Parker in the team, his midfield minutes drop significantly, and he's not in the best half forward/forward candidates we have. Unlucky, but that's what I'd do. Mills is definitely getting touch back, Parker has had more CBs in recent weeks (than Adams) and we have Jordon who can rotate in to tag someone, we have midfield cover.

If Campbell were to miss, it'd be to retain Cleary, or at worst, Florent would have to play as the pressure forward. The role is non negotiable.

I don't like Robbie as sub, but would have Campbell at half forward and Mills in defence, so he's there for versatility and given we've had all of our KPDs go down at some point.

Only one of Papley or Jmac back in for me, not bringing both back after injury in the same final. Whichever we're most confident on. There's different shuffling you can do depending on which.

If it's wet, Amartey out, Adams stays.

I really want Adams in the team, heck. I'd make him sub over Fox or replace Lloyd with Adams. We've got a few halfback/wing types. Ideally drop Amartey but that's not going to happen. Selection will be dictated by matchups imo. Tough tough discussion.

Can Parker teach the 3 tall forwards how to be a consistent kick at a set shot? The 3 talls need to take every opportunity they get when its their time to go.
They combined for six goals against the crows which is a decent return. Hayward's two set shot were a concern though. Hopefully the yips haven't returned.

Hard to read much from the Giant's performance against the Bulldogs, the conditions were so atrocious and they didn't adjust at all. From memory both games we beat them in were wet for patches of the game and they didn't adjust well to those conditions either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will not be in the team, can't believe you made me waste 30 seconds of my life figuring out who it was haha.

If aaron francis is selected based on merit, I'll quit BF.

Do you ever see if you can name every current player by number in order from memory?

Got stuck on 29 the other day, maybe its just me

How bloody long do they get lunch breaks now? thought it was max 30mins lol

Surely it wont sell out in the member pre-sale.
Kids get 2 x 30 minute breaks. Member window open 10am-2pm. I'll be teaching 10-10.50, have yard duty 10.50-11.20 then teaching 11.20-12.50 with a 30 minute window following that. I chose the wrong career for booking finals tickets.

I can fly over and back for 160 bucks geez that's tempting.

Now I know how to train back and forth from the airport thanks to Mister B too
I waved at your departing plane from my hotel window. Did you see me?

In other news, we have shown we are capable of winning against these flogs. Play good, high pressure and clean footy, no one can beat us. Will all start in the centre.

Can Parker teach the 3 tall forwards how to be a consistent kick at a set shot? The 3 talls need to take every opportunity they get when its their time to go.
How about his one handed mark and goal on the weekend, has that swagger and confidence knowing he'll nail the set shot.

Kids get 2 x 30 minute breaks. Member window open 10am-2pm. I'll be teaching 10-10.50, have yard duty 10.50-11.20 then teaching 11.20-12.50 with a 30 minute window following that. I chose the wrong career for booking finals tickets.
Get a friend to do it.
Also I will be buying excess tickets to the game via my gws membership, some of those could be available.

What you do is put the 10-10.50 class in lunch time detention & use that time to get tickets. Doesn't matter the reason, just make it up.

Out; Francis, Cleary, Adams, Campbell
In: McCartin, Papley, Heeney, McInerney

Honestly with those ins and a weeks rest we should be in ripping form. Should put the Giants to the sword and have the game wrapped up by half time
I’m not convinced about McInerney - he needs to be 100% right or don’t play him. Give him more time to recovery if there is any doubt at all. We need to learn from S.Reid. Campbell has been quite good recently as hybrid wing/forward. Sort of player that can kick two goals for us and turn a game ala Mitch Morton.

4 tackles in 4 weeks for Parker. I don't think it's through lack of effort at all, but just ability. He's just not quick or agile enough to be effective at pressuring much at present. Which is fine if he keeps delivering in other areas like goalkicking, marking, the occasional hard ball win or clearance. But the question does remain, where else is the pressure and heat gonna come from? It's something we've been suspect in for months and now there's a chance we'll drop a few more (Cleary, Adams) of the very few players who look genuinely damaging in a pressure sense.

Not sure if I fully buy that. Didn’t he make 6 tackles in basically a quarter in his first game back?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back