Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans Sunday 21st June 1:10pm @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Into extended squad of 26: Heeney, Cunningham, Warner Jr, Mitchell, Reid, Francis

Out: McInerney and Rowbottom injured. Mills managed due to soreness.

Hope the Rowbottom injury isn't too serious.

My guess, Reid and Francis as back up talls would drop out of the game day 23 along with one of Warner Jr or Mitchell. The remaining one of those two to be the sub I'd say? Tiny bit surprising perhaps that both of them have jumped Wicks in the pecking order for now.

Is Mills being sore enough to miss already a worry
No. I'd have thought it very common for players to find the week post-return even harder than the week leading in to the return. Many ex-players have said so.

Just an uninformed guess here but I would say if we weren't three games clear on top, Mills probably plays this week.

Losing Rowie is a huge loss as he would have been tasked with the job of curbing Neale or Dunkley's influence. Wouldn't surprise me to see Adams given the job as he would be more match fit than Parker. Cunningham in will free Campbell to run on a wing with Lloyd and Roberts to also spend time on a flank. However, we will definitely miss McInerney. He's been very impressive this year.

With our outs and their ins, it's going to be a tough match on Sunday. Hopefully our boys will be up for the challenge.

My reaction on hearing this:

bone GIF
Sorry for the intrusion. The laugh reaction was to Captain Holt. Not the unfortunate injury to Rowbottom. Everytime I see a 99 reference I have a laugh. Rip Andre.

Is Mills being sore enough to miss already a worry
Not even sure why he played last week. It was awesome seeing him back, but should have come in through the VFL. No need to take unnecessary risks. Hopefully he is all good though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Rowie is a huge loss as he would have been tasked with the job of curbing Neale or Dunkley's influence. Wouldn't surprise me to see Adams given the job as he would be more match fit than Parker. Cunningham in will free Campbell to run on a wing with Lloyd and Roberts to also spend time on a flank. However, we will definitely miss McInerney. He's been very impressive this year.

With our outs and their ins, it's going to be a tough match on Sunday. Hopefully our boys will be up for the challenge.
Probably a tag team job of Adams and Parker to combat Neale because two physical bodies are better than one

No. I'd have thought it very common for players to find the week post-return even harder than the week leading in to the return. Many ex-players have said so.

Just an uninformed guess here but I would say if we weren't three games clear on top, Mills probably plays this week.

Probably similar for Rowbottom as well.

Not the worst thing Heeney got a break and now Rowbottom.

Just odd sort of to go from hitting numbers game time to 0. But wont pretend to be a doctor

I'm ok with Rowy out. Gives his body a break.

Jmac is a huge loss, we desperately need him back for finals. Maybe the injury is a blessing in disguise to help get him there.

Mills is a completely weird one. Like what did you expect? and why did we not just ease him in via VFL on managed time if we were going to do that..

Overall not bothered that we're resting key players (forced or not). We may still win, but we'll probably lose. Not too bothered re this one aslong as we're competitive. Hope Reid gets a gig.

I hear Mills legs were/are quite bruised and there was much discussion about making him sub - obviously hasn’t come up as well as hoped

Before the game last week, Benny Matthews said that the intention was to sub Mills out halfway through the third to manage his load. Unfortunately, Jmac’s injury put a stop to that. Effectively he has done three quarters of an hour game time more than intended. Not surprised they rested him this week.

Amartey & McLean going to need to step up with Sam Reid breathing down their necks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back