Brisbane: Not in too bad shape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non existent game plan, team structures, line- ups and match- ups, kicking out strategy, defending kick -ins strategy, learning to win clearances, accepting poor skill level, poor delivery to our forwards, no crumbing goal kickers, no big forward (Browns done bugger all and doesnt chase) rotations etc etc.

These are all in Voss's control, and have been for 3 years, yet we have actually gone backwards in that time in these areas. He coaches them, he trains them, it's his job to fix this, and if the players don't listen/ obey his command, then they dont play, or are worked harder, and harder again until the players get it!

Do you think Malthouse, Matthews, Roos or Thompson would accept this and just let it continue? The answer is No, thats why these coaches took average teams and made them in to Premiership ones.

Another sterling effort by the boys. Fresh from the big thumping over GWS and all the "true supporters" loving life and ready to talk finals along with Merretts Coleman medal, all goes back to reality this week. 58 points down against North (LOL) after being killed in every aspect of the game from the very first bounce. But it's alright, a few junk time goals and our loss to a team that was 13th on the ladder now looks good.

Also a big thank you to the boys for giving the Vic fans another good day out at the footy, was hoping we'd at least be competitive and keep us interested, but nope, another game over before quarter time.

Rubbish team, rubbish football club lead by a rubbish Coach.

Good luck next week against West Coast*

*bring out the record books

well, that would be true if Voss stop playing guys guys hawkleys, Stiller, Sheldon etc...

And you want to be sure you have the best coaches around the youth whilst they developed...The Jury is out on Voss
Yes, to a certain point (I can't know, but I would assume, that the kids being passed over aren't ready yet). Flogging kids, who aren't ready, doesn't get anyone anywhere.

I'm not sure if you actually have hit that bottom point, before the up-swing. And I wouldn't be rushing to put a fresh face into that situation, yet. Not enough quality kids, who are ready to play... yet.

Barring catastrophic drafting failure, It'll be a much better list next year, ready to do something with.
Until that actually happens, I still wouldn't be making a big call.

brisbane has recovered somewhat from the fevola debarcle but still need a bit of work. they look like theyre building a solid team but they still need a few different type of players to complete their set up. another year or two of drafting and they should be set. a healthy brisbane makes it a healthier afl.

Another sterling effort by the boys. Fresh from the big thumping over GWS and all the "true supporters" loving life and ready to talk finals along with Merretts Coleman medal, all goes back to reality this week. 58 points down against North (LOL) after being killed in every aspect of the game from the very first bounce. But it's alright, a few junk time goals and our loss to a team that was 13th on the ladder now looks good.

Also a big thank you to the boys for giving the Vic fans another good day out at the footy, was hoping we'd at least be competitive and keep us interested, but nope, another game over before quarter time.

Rubbish team, rubbish football club lead by a rubbish Coach.

Good luck next week against West Coast*

*bring out the record books

Why do you even bother following Brisbane & the AFL ??? Sure I'm not happy with the way things are at present. I don't have a great deal of confidence in Voss or his game plan. But changing the coach now will achieve very little.

Is the rest of your life as stuffed as your football team ? Do you carry on about everything else like you do with the footy ?

If the football is giving you that much angst & misery, why do you bother to keep coming back for more ?

I think that you go too far with your opinions sometimes. You need a bit more balance...Anyways well that's my opinion FWIW!

Why do you even bother following Brisbane & the AFL ??? Sure I'm not happy with the way things are at present. I don't have a great deal of confidence in Voss or his game plan. But changing the coach now will achieve very little.

Is the rest of your life as stuffed as your football team ? Do you carry on about everything else like you do with the footy ?

If the football is giving you that much angst & misery, why do you bother to keep coming back for more ?

I think that you go too far with your opinions sometimes. You need a bit more balance...Anyways well that's my opinion FWIW!

Ahh yes another poster who reacts from a couple of posts. Try reading all my posts if you want to make silly opinions on my posting.

Besides GWS and GC, we are the only team that goes into a game where you know we aint going to win, you just know. We all know we wont beat West Coast this week, and I also know the game will be over by quarter time, like it is every week. There are only 3 teams we can beat, and we did. We are hopeless. Even Melbourne put up a better display, at least they gave there supporters a bit of hope for 3 quarters, and there list is a lot worse than Brisbanes.

And in answering your other points, no my life is pretty good thanks, I just have simple expectations from the football club I support, even as we get worse as the years go on. You may be happy with finishing 12th because you and others have low expectations, some might say expectations of losers. I however, in Voss's 4th year, expect just a little better, you can call it rebuilding or whatever you like, we are going backwards, results are showing this.

I watched EMT to see the graceful Simon Black chit chat with Ed. It was well worth it. On where we are currently, Black made some interesting observations in the main, the current squad isn't the most talented. It is taking time to adjust and Voss is trying to suppport players coming in for a period of time.

He spoke glowingly of Voss as a coach.

He also reflected on the premiership team and the entry of Matthews at the "perfect" time.

Our current list is so far away from the glory days it isn't funny.

Voss could be Vince Lombardi and not much would change.

We don't have to like it but we need to get a bit of reality about where we are at on field.

I watched EMT to see the graceful Simon Black chit chat with Ed. It was well worth it. On where we are currently, Black made some interesting observations in the main, the current squad isn't the most talented. It is taking time to adjust and Voss is trying to suppport players coming in for a period of time.

He spoke glowingly of Voss as a coach.

He also reflected on the premiership team and the entry of Matthews at the "perfect" time.

Our current list is so far away from the glory days it isn't funny.

Voss could be Vince Lombardi and not much would change.

We don't have to like it but we need to get a bit of reality about where we are at on field.

The current list isnt a bottom 4 team, which is what we are if you dont count the 2 new teams. There are some good players, some average players and some outright non AFL standard players. My issue is these players arent being coached correctly to show how good they can be. How players like Polkinghorne, Banfield etc etc are able to put up disgraceful performances every week is beyond me. Now if they arent good enough dont play them, but Voss obviously sees something, but is happy for their form to just meander on. 3 years ago Polkinghorne looked like he could have been anything, why has Voss not demanded more instead of being happy with his games. He's not the only one but he's the best example. Either drop them, or demand more from the group. In 3-4 years we could have the best midfield in the league, but we wont because Voss wont demand excellence. He's satisfied with having a go, patting them on the back each week saying bad luck. Not good enough. The list is good enough to work with, there is something there, we just need a Coach who can get the best out of them, and wont stop until he gets what he demands.This list should be pushing for finals, not vying for the wooden spoon.

Haven't watched that yet. After watching the game on Sunday I had well and truly had my fill of Eddie McGuire for the day. Sounds like it is worth a look though.

The current list isnt a bottom 4 team, which is what we are if you dont count the 2 new teams. There are some good players, some average players and some outright non AFL standard players. My issue is these players arent being coached correctly to show how good they can be. How players like Polkinghorne, Banfield etc etc are able to put up disgraceful performances every week is beyond me. Now if they arent good enough dont play them, but Voss obviously sees something, but is happy for their form to just meander on. 3 years ago Polkinghorne looked like he could have been anything, why has Voss not demanded more instead of being happy with his games. He's not the only one but he's the best example. Either drop them, or demand more from the group. In 3-4 years we could have the best midfield in the league, but we wont because Voss wont demand excellence. He's satisfied with having a go, patting them on the back each week saying bad luck. Not good enough. The list is good enough to work with, there is something there, we just need a Coach who can get the best out of them, and wont stop until he gets what he demands.This list should be pushing for finals, not vying for the wooden spoon.

Like everyone in this great country you are entitled to your opinion. I think our list is a bottom team and hopefully 14th is as low as we go. I think/hope we are ahead of Port.

I cannot make a case to suggest our list is better than anyone other than these, unfortunately.

My view is that players such as Stiller, Hawksley, Buchanan and Sheldon will be moved on at the end of the year as they have had their opportunity to nail down a spot and have not made it. Opportunity is now being given to the next group to see if they can make it. Hopefully they make the most of it.

Haven't watched that yet. After watching the game on Sunday I had well and truly had my fill of Eddie McGuire for the day. Sounds like it is worth a look though.

Definitely worth watching TBD. There isn't really any new info that most wouldn't already know but it really shows how lucky us lions fans have been.

Lynch spoke on NIRS radio the other day about the Lions.
He commented that apart from Black and Brown, he has no idea where the next superstar is coming from.
We are due for a few more years of pain, because our list is pretty average.
Cant make a champion team out of a pretty average list I guess.
Just have to see how this lot of youngsters takes us and be grateful for what we have achieved in our short history.
I was just as upset as everyone about our first half this week, but was pleased with the second half ,so hopefully we can build on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch spoke on NIRS radio the other day about the Lions.
He commented that apart from Black and Brown, he has no idea where the next superstar is coming from.
We are due for a few more years of pain, because our list is pretty average.
Cant make a champion team out of a pretty average list I guess.
Just have to see how this lot of youngsters takes us and be grateful for what we have achieved in our short history.
I was just as upset as everyone about our first half this week, but was pleased with the second half ,so hopefully we can build on that.

I like Rockliff, Redden and Rich, I think they can all become A Graders and i'd suggest Rocky is on the cusp, if not there already.

Outside of that, Luenberger might get there if he can get the body right.

Karnezis at times shows a bit but is like most youngster is very inconsistent. Polec has shown glimpses as well.

Planty of hard workers but not many guys you come away and go "Wow".

Appreciate the last days of Black and Brown, replay the Triple Premiership DVD till it breaks, it could be a while.

You play the Eagles at the Gabba next week. A good test for BOTH teams I think. Can the Eagles, still injury riddled, win away? and can the Lions beat the Eagles and launch a challenge for the flag from there ?

I like Rockliff, Redden and Rich, I think they can all become A Graders and i'd suggest Rocky is on the cusp, if not there already.

I'm actually not that convinced by Rockliff, going by his current form. Rockliff has been tagged a few times, although not in all games, and he hasn't coped well. Against North and Essendon, he got tagged, and struggled. Even in games where he hasn't been tagged, he has struggled. Against Collingwood, he went against Sidebottom and got touched up. Against Carlton, for some reason Voss decided to push him forward, and he really struggled to find the ball. He's had stat padding games against the giants and suns, but hasn't hit that peak form we'd expect. To me, A grader is something like Steele Sidebottom (who, like Rockliff, is in his 4th year), or Luke Shuey or Cotchin from last year (who were also in their 4th years).

I'm actually not that convinced by Rockliff, going by his current form. Rockliff has been tagged a few times, although not in all games, and he hasn't coped well. Against North and Essendon, he got tagged, and struggled. Even in games where he hasn't been tagged, he has struggled. Against Collingwood, he went against Sidebottom and got touched up. Against Carlton, for some reason Voss decided to push him forward, and he really struggled to find the ball. He's had stat padding games against the giants and suns, but hasn't hit that peak form we'd expect. To me, A grader is something like Steele Sidebottom (who, like Rockliff, is in his 4th year), or Luke Shuey or Cotchin from last year (who were also in their 4th years).

:eek:

Have you even been watching our games or just going by stats? He wasn't tagged last week or against Essendon. Infact, Voss made him tag Watson for periods of the game. He was also going to be a late withdrawal against Collingwood because of an illness he had during the week. He could barely run out the game.

He was just about our best player against North Melbourne last week, having 20 touches, 13 contested possessions and heaps of clearances in only 3 quarters. Shame he hurt his knee in the last and couldn't carry us over the line.

Voss has been giving him half forward roles all season which has been hampering his 'numbers' that you seem to only look at.

Last year, particularly in the second half of the season, he was in the top 5 midfielders in the comp based on form. Let's hope Voss keeps him in the guts and I have no doubt he will repeat last years phenomenal form.

Pie_01.jpg

Anyone?

Sign that the players have it in them but have been letting Vossy down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane: Not in too bad shape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back