Brisbane: Not in too bad shape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to Voss thats 10 wins from 50.

On a side note I hope you lot took my advice, apologies on the margin but I hope I helped some of you non- believers out! :)

Why don't you piss off with that anti-Voss sentiment & enjoy the bloody win....That's IF you really are a Brisbane Lions supporter!

GREAT WIN LIONS! Well done VOSSY!

Why don't you piss off with that anti-Voss sentiment & enjoy the bloody win....That's IF you really are a Brisbane Lions supporter!

GREAT WIN LIONS! Well done VOSSY!

Definitely have the credibility of Naitawhoey ATM.

Seriously though they will be lucky to win 4 games. They are in a bad bad way this club.

Granted we are not traveling that well, but it seems we have been lucky.

Ill give you credit for your Green on Cornelius off call. One of your finer moments
:thumbsu:

I must have missed some of the posts in this thread ... the *impression* I got (from your and a few other's posts) was that any and all excuses for losing games were invalid and in each case it was due to Voss as coach and his decisions/non decisions etc that was completely responsible usually followed by several examples of wrong decisions, decisions not made, things that could have been done better etc ...

The posts I seem to be unable to find are the ones where you specified the right decisions that he made and the tempting bad decisions that he didn't make in this case that led to the win over ladder leading West Coast ... I was looking forward to reading them (having assumed that you were following the Voss = responsible logic above rather than simply cherry picking to support what would otherwise seem a semi-hypo or hyper critical agenda) but the only one I could find was this one :(

Could you please re-post the analysis of the WC game so I (and any others with the same inability-to-find issues that I am experiencing (new database perhaps?)) can enjoy the read.

Brisbanes top 15 players are as good as anyone's. Depth just drops off after that. I hope they make a play for Tippett as they need a long term replacement for browny.

Gawd. A win and percentage out of the 8. What a world, what a world.

Voss and co have turned it around just when things were looking very bleak. A bit of breathing space, but wouldn't want to lapse again before the year is out.

Mmm I'm not sure whether that game was about Brisbane improving or the Bullies being inconsistent and shit. I dare say it's a bit of both

Probably depends on what thread you are trolling at the time :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbanes top 15 players are as good as anyone's. Depth just drops off after that. I hope they make a play for Tippett as they need a long term replacement for browny.
No they're not. We have a core group of half a dozen that are on par with a lot of teams' best half dozen 18-23 year olds, then after that, there's a drastic fall away. Depth building takes time, but Brizzie is on the right track.

Mmm I'm not sure whether that game was about Brisbane improving or the Bullies being inconsistent and shit. I dare say it's a bit of both

Agree, the Bullies seem to be going backwards, injury has all but stuffed Conney as a mid, in saying that, the Lions are improving, looked good last week in the first half, some of Vossys intensity is rubbing off on the side at last. Zorko was a steal.

When I said Brisbane go 15 deep, I also included promising young players not current guns. How I rate them:

Young guns:

Docherty
Harwood
Polec
Longer
Green
Retzlaff
Rich
Hanley
Zorko
Beams
Banfield
Lisle
Leuenberger
Karnezis
Redden
Polkinghorne
Lester
Rockliff
Golby
Bewick
Cornelius
McKeever
Crisp
Wrigley

Mature age guns:

Adcock
McGrath
Staker
Brown
Merrett
Hudson
Patfull
Raines

All others not mentioned are on the outer or unproven. Shows how young the Lions are with only a handful of older guys. I have them and Suns as future powerhouse teams together as early as 2014.

The Fev trade set this group back 2-3 years, gee Henderson and - if they drafted him - Talia would be huge additions. But, the their trading/drafting decisions beside have been very good, and they should put a lot of energy into getting Tippett, as their lack of a good, young key forward is the biggest list weakness.

Nothing but impressive the last month or two. Turning the corner.
8 wins would be a pretty solid result.
A month or so ago I would have thought 8 was unrealistic, but yeah the landscape has shifted somewhat.

Beating Melbourne and the Suns would get us to 7.

Doggies at the Gabba in round 23 should be a win based on what we saw yesterday.

St Kilda, Richmond and Adelaide will go in favorites at the Gabba but arent foregone conclusions.

Port at AAMI is a potential win if the Power are slightly off their game.

Can't realistically see us beating Sydney, Carlton or West Coast away.

Young players can fall away pretty quickly in the second half of the season, but anything less than 7 wins would be pretty dissapointing from here.

Agree with you that 8 would be solid. 9 or 10 is not beyond possibility and that would be a pretty big tick for the year.

Probably depends on what thread you are trolling at the time :)

I don't know whether Brisbane are improving, but their opposition were dire. Missed shots, missed tackles, missed kicks, they're really struggling without a forwardline. I think the past two weeks with Port, Western Bulldogs and Brisbane shows that on a good day, North, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs and Port can beat each other on a good day.

By the way, North being ahead of Fremantle shows that the ladder is misleading. Brisbane being one win out of the 8 shows that the ladder is misleading.

Yeah that's about what I got. 3 more "should wins", and a sneaky chance in another 2-3 = 8, minimum.

Pretty hard for a fwd to develop in front of a rubbish midfield (or a backman behind them), and while it's a way off the finished article, you can see what they're driving at.
Still think the fwd line is a bit of an issue but the midfield somewhat have their shit together, and generally competitive so it'll give <insert name here> a chance.

See, I actually can say nice things about the Lions!! :eek: :D

By the way, North being ahead of Fremantle shows that the ladder is misleading. Brisbane being one win out of the 8 shows that the ladder is misleading.

I'd focus less on the ladder and focus more on telling your mob they might wanna beat those teams you just mentioned when the time comes if they ever wanna finish above that illusive 9th. Oops already lost to Freo. Good thing you get another crack ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane: Not in too bad shape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back