Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong have been preparing for Dangerfield day for years, and they'll have the cap profile to make it happen...

Will stay at Adelaide or be a Cat.
With FA coming in I don't subscribe to this anymore, I think Dangerfield can be had by any Victorian club if he leaves Adelaide.

Geelong have been preparing for Dangerfield day for years, and they'll have the cap profile to make it happen...

Will stay at Adelaide or be a Cat IMO.

The most likely scenarios, I do agree.

I still think Melbourne are going to throw their hat in the ring again - and with our cap space and hopefully improving list, I'm sure we can give ourselves a chance at least.

Don't forget that Geelong are known to have a fairly even payment structure, so a huge $$ contract for Danger would be moving right away from that strategy - which has served them pretty well.

Nearly 2 years is a huge difference at that end of your career.

And both are at least 5-6 years away from the end of their career, you'd assume.

Besides, Reiwoldt is still performing like a champion.

One poor year at age 27 when you're getting putrid delivery, and you've lost it forever, eh?

And both are at least 5-6 years away from the end of their career, you'd assume.

One poor year at age 27 when you're getting putrid delivery, and you've lost it forever, eh?

Neither are going anywhere so is a moot point, but I dont think any club would need to think very long about which player they would rather have.

Age and form both being valid aspects.

Neither are going anywhere so is a moot point, but I dont think any club would need to think very long about which player they would rather have.

Age and form both being valid aspects.

I don't think there's really that great a gap, if any, TBH.

Does show you how one poor year (for player and team) can wildly change perception though.

So you think Cloke is as good as Reiwoldt?

Yes.

Cloke is only a year removed from what was probably his best season (2013), is fit, strong, and still just 27 years old. Providing the delivery improves too (it's somewhat overlooked just how shocking Collingwood's forward 50 entries and field kicking were this year), I don't see any reason why he can't return to his best, which made him arguably the best key forward in the league from 2011-2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. Providing the delivery improves too (it's somewhat overlooked just how shocking Collingwood's forward 50 entries and field kicking were this year).

Guys like Fevola and Riewoldt won colemans playing in absolutely shit teams. Cloke has not and will not.

Cloke benefits from the Collingwood effect, where he gets overrated because of his high profile.

Guys like Fevola and Riewoldt won colemans playing in absolutely shit teams. Cloke has not and will not.

I'm not saying he'll win a Coleman Medal, but he averaged 180 marks and 65 goals per year between 2011-13, which is very good by anyone's standards. Over the same three-year period, Reiwoldt averaged 109 marks and 62 goals per year. Remaining fit and with improved delivery, I don't really see why Cloke can't return to his best form and have a couple more years of that level of play.

Cloke benefits from the Collingwood effect, where he gets overrated because of his high profile.

I think the real "Collingwood effect" is non-Collingwood supporters refusing to acknowledge the talents and achievements of Collingwood players, as well as assuming that Collingwood supporters delusionally think their players are automatically way better than anyone else.

I think the real "Collingwood effect" is non-Collingwood supporters refusing to acknowledge the talents and achievements of Collingwood players, as well as assuming that Collingwood supporters delusionally think their players are automatically way better than anyone else.

Gee I wonder why with guys like you and Dave pushing their barrow.

Cloke had a good patch but was found out last year. Coincidentally during that patch Collingwood were a good side and he was getting great delivery. Liam Jones would have kicked goals in that setup.

Now he has to work for it and Cloke is struggling.

Gee I wonder why with guys like you and Dave pushing their barrow.

Can't speak for this Dave character, but I don't think I've making any unrealistic or outlandish claims about Collingwood or its players.

Cloke had a good patch but was found out last year. Coincidentally during that patch Collingwood were a good side and he was getting great delivery. Liam Jones would have kicked goals in that setup.

We weren't really that much better a side during 2013 (which ended up being his best year) than we were in 2014.

Liam Jones would have kicked goals in that setup.

Please...

Now he has to work for it and Cloke is struggling.

You say this as though he's never ran or worked hard for it before.

He had a poor season this year, I'm not denying that. He's proven over a number of years to have been a quality key forward, and I'm confident that he can bounce back.

He Speaks For Himself. Often with less bias than you

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane targeting a huge name key forward at end of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back