Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying-Hands-2007.jpg

Smash them

other than chappy there is no real half forwards (he did this so well v fasolo on anzac day in the first quarter) that lead up demanding the ball from the half backs and create the space behind them for the mids to run into; and when chappy doesnt get it he makes 4 or 5 leads to help set up the next passage of play.

this is what the team really lacked against the dogs last weekend once the dogs shut down the space in the middle of the ground.

i remember the bloke that played early on was doing this but i havent seen him running around for a while now.

Seems we wont see Winderlich til at least after the Bye, does this open the door for Ambrose?

Well, as a Rookie, elevating Dell to the main list would mean dropping Ambrose back to the rookie list...

Ahhh didnt know Dell was re rookied. Rookie error on my behalf. :eek:

Um yep def not at Ambrose's expense then,but all things being equal I would've been giving him a game ahead of Howlett if were elevated.

From all reports not great, but do they go back to Hardingham? or go with Ambrose? or bring in an extra midfielder?

If both Chapman and Winderlich miss I can imagine both Ambrose and Hardingham will be considered if not selected. Dunno if I like it though.

Um yep def not at Ambrose's expense then,but all things being equal I would've been giving him a game ahead of Howlett if were elevated.

I wouldn't! Howlett at his worst gets more ball in the AFL than Del has ever got. Dell suffers from 1 thing- 1 positioned and very little tank, just won't happen unless he has shown to kick multiples over half a season minimum. Howlett might not get that much ball but he is probably in the top 2-3 tacklers in our team! Jeez he is harshly treated by supporters. He will never be a 35 possession midfielder, he will be more the 22 possession with 5 tackles. Both midfield types are needed.

Del over Howlett?

:drunk:

Del over Howlett?

:drunk:

I know....I love some people's thinking! Lets replace a HF/mid who is critical with midfield rotations with....wait for it......a stay at home SMALL FORWARD! Double you know what!

On balance i would be surprised not to see Ambrose this week. He made the team early in the year without showing much by way of results in the preseason. I think the coaches are on board with seeing him as a structural lock... Which makes TBC an interesting case, because i don't know that they will too keen on making more forward changes than necessary. The theory at the moment seems to be to leave them to it until they click.

Eth dog ain't gonna like it and i might well be wrong but unless one of Carlisle or JD (seems unlikely as Thompson says the former is improving an the latter played his best game yet) are dropped I just don't see where TBC fits into this team.
Based on his form and our structure I don't see how it is justifiable to bring him in.
I don't think we'll see him in this week.

It makes more sense to bring in Ambrose for Windy. We need lead-up headless chook forwards who can break lines and double back.

PS. can someone tell me how to tag posters (eg. in this case eth-dog?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Licka is gone for the next two weeks... Ambrose or Hardi is the question. Fingers crossed Ambrose

Reckon Merrett is no chance either, so NOB or Aylett likely...

Licka is gone for the next two weeks... Ambrose or Hardi is the question. Fingers crossed Ambrose

Reckon Merrett is no chance either, so NOB or Aylett likely...

Where have we heard that Licha is out for two?

When the Doc says it'll be zero, one, two or three weeks, it's never zero or one...
Oh, fair enough. I thought there had been confirmation of missing two. I thought we were waiting on additional scans? I had assumed he'd miss this week but probably be right for Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back