Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally i think we will see a bigger improvement from Brodie when Witts is in the team. They both played really well last year when both in the same team. It will allow him to have a more rounded 4 quarter game. Brodie 1st ruck and Witts as the 2nd ruck playing out of the goal square

Personally i think we will see a bigger improvement from Brodie when Witts is in the team. They both played really well last year when both in the same team. It will allow him to have a more rounded 4 quarter game. Brodie 1st ruck and Witts as the 2nd ruck playing out of the goal square

When we where winning early last season. Grundy and Witts where in the same team;)

I was really interested how he would go against Longer as rated him as one of the best young rucks coming through. There numbers are fairly similar so far in their careers (Grundy's being a little more impressive) so watched the match up with close interest. Now I know it's only one game, but my god! The bloke is exciting! Can't wait to get he and Witts playing together and really think moving forward we need that combination and think they will both be very handy when up forward.

I was really interested how he would go against Longer as rated him as one of the best young rucks coming through. There numbers are fairly similar so far in their careers (Grundy's being a little more impressive) so watched the match up with close interest. Now I know it's only one game, but my god! The bloke is exciting! Can't wait to get he and Witts playing together and really think moving forward we need that combination and think they will both be very handy when up forward.

I thought Longer has been bit of a Disappointing since he was drafted at Pick 8 in the 2011 Draft.

Was great to see Grundy Dominate another High Pick around his age

I thought Longer has been bit of a Disappointing since he was drafted at Pick 8 in the 2011 Draft.

Was great to see Grundy Dominate another High Pick around his age

More based on 2014 output TD which was pretty similar.

Grundy's first year was far more impressive and this year he has taken his game to another level which I do wonder if Longer can make.

More based on 2014 output TD which was pretty similar.

Grundy's first year was far more impressive and this year he has taken his game to another level which I do wonder if Longer can make.

Well Grundy hate a the 2nd Year Blues but as you say he has come back a level or 2 better then he was.

I do agree that I doubt Longer has a ton of Levels to go up where Grundy still has quite a few more

Grundy has come up against some formidable ruckmen so far this year and has come out smelling roses. Martin, Jacobs, Longer - a youngster who I rate highly.

This week he'll be up against a player who is consistently shit, but every once a year or so plays a really good game - Bellchambers.

Grundy should, on talent, destroy Bellchambers, and for this reason, he could be a tip for the ANZAC Medal.

Grundy has come up against some formidable ruckmen so far this year and has come out smelling roses. Martin, Jacobs, Longer - a youngster who I rate highly.

This week he'll be up against a player who is consistently shit, but every once a year or so plays a really good game - Bellchambers.

Grundy should, on talent, destroy Bellchambers, and for this reason, he could be a tip for the ANZAC Medal.
My supercoach side dislikes this post. I've got Bell-end as my Ruck back up in the fwds.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so lucky to have witts and grundy when they get more games and develop more and start taking powerful pack marks in the forward line
don't think there is another club with such young promising ruckmen

2 years and we will definitely have the best ruck duo in the League.

Grundy, if he keeps his current form and output, would have to at least receive an AA nomination.

Our futuren both short and long term are very bright.

Okay performance around the ground, but clearly beaten at the centre bounces. I don't think he will ever be a great tap ruckman, but as long as he keeps improving around the ground he could become a good AFL ruckman. AA talk is extremely premature.

Still unconvinced that both he and Witta can coexist - Witta needs to work hard on a forward game if that is to happen because Brodie won't ever have one.

Okay performance around the ground, but clearly beaten at the centre bounces. I don't think he will ever be a great tap ruckman, but as long as he keeps improving around the ground he could become a good AFL ruckman. AA talk is extremely premature.

Still unconvinced that both he and Witta can coexist - Witta needs to work hard on a forward game if that is to happen because Brodie won't ever have one.
For a 21 year old, he didn't exactly get smashed against the mature blokes. He still got over 20 hit outs (I remember Josh Fraser getting less than 10 in some games against bigger opponents) and outperformed both of the Blues' rucks around the ground.

Warnock + Wood combined:

Them: 18 disposals
Grundy: 17 disposals

Them: 0 tackles
Grundy: 9 tackles

Grundy actually had the most tackles on the ground. Absolutely awesome

Edit: I agree he's definitely not AA material this year though

Made Wood look like Len Thompson but did some nice things in the second half when carlton's heads were completely dropped.

Commendable effort to carry the ruck just about on his own and tracking nicely for a 21 year old but the recent praise is way over the top.

Grundy did struggle early at Center Bounces but started to get on top there late in 3rd QTR. Grundy Smashed them Warnock and Wood everywhere else

The call on Brodie never having a forward game is also premature. Was very good through the 18's up forward and has shown signs here and there. He leads up at the footy well, takes a grab and can kick a goal from general play.

Time will tell but I think the potential is there for sure.

The call on Brodie never having a forward game is also premature. Was very good through the 18's up forward and has shown signs here and there. He leads up at the footy well, takes a grab and can kick a goal from general play.

Time will tell but I think the potential is there for sure.

Agree he has shown Potential as a Forward. Goal his Kicked Friday Night Ruckman don't Kick.

Some Video Evidence of Grundy as a Forward:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back