Traded Brodie Grundy [traded to Sydney for #46 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Contracted Grundy is worth more than in contracted Lobb any day of the week, regardless where they play as that’s circumstantial.

Regarding a player on big coin and not best 22 - see coniglio

Stephen Coniglio is 'not best 22' now lol. I assumed you were just a Melbourne nuffy but it turns out you don't know anything about any other clubs either.

I'm done with this thread, you're not worth my time. I'll be back in a couple of months to laugh at you.

Stephen Coniglio is 'not best 22' now lol. I assumed you were just a Melbourne nuffy but it turns out you don't know anything about any other clubs either.

I'm done with this thread, you're not worth my time. I'll be back in a couple of months to laugh at you.

What does heading of this say? Keep trying mate. Wrecked at every turn.

How many times did Lobb play WAFL for Freo the year they traded him?

You still haven't come up with a single example of a player who wasn't in his team's best 22 getting anywhere near the offers that you claim to think Grundy is worth. That's because there isn't one.
Port must be run by some real imbeciles if they are desperate to get their hands on a player not good enough to be in a best 22…

But Port aren’t run by imbeciles. Grundy is best 22 for Port and both Port and Melbourne know this.

Have a look at the Georgiades thread to see what Port cheerleaders think about the impact on trade value of being in the best 22 or not. It’s a different story when the shoe is on the other foot.

Port must be run by some real imbeciles if they are desperate to get their hands on a player not good enough to be in a best 22…

But Port aren’t run by imbeciles. Grundy is best 22 for Port and both Port and Melbourne know this.

Have a look at the Georgiades thread to see what Port cheerleaders think about the impact on trade value of being in the best 22 or not. It’s a different story when the shoe is on the other foot.

He is trying to cherry pick and create random scenarios to justify getting Grundy on the cheap when in reality trade negotiations don’t operate like that. Especially when the seller is happy to hold.

Reckon he goes for second rounder with Port taking on his whole salary. Will be done pretty quickly.

Dees should hold firm. Port are the ones making promises to players so they will need to be the ones to get the deal done / over the line. Especially for a contracted player.

Will be embarrassing for them to pitch to him but then fail to pay the asking price.

His whole Melbourne salary? I don’t think there is a scenario where Collingwood get off paying their portion
Yeah his Melbourne salary is it's own thing. Collingwood are forced to pay their bit regardless.

No you won't, because despite countless warnings you still can't have a discussion on here without resorting to petty insults.

I'd say let this be a lesson for you; but you clearly don't learn. So, let this be a lesson to the rest of you - robust discussion is great. Insults are not.

Dees should hold firm. Port are the ones making promises to players so they will need to be the ones to get the deal done / over the line. Especially for a contracted player.

Will be embarrassing for them to pitch to him but then fail to pay the asking price.
Port have stuff all picks to trade. Their first is currently at 37.

A future second could just as easily be in a similar late 30s range - ESPECIALLY if Port’s sub standard ruck division is improved in 2024 by having Grundy play for them.

I don’t think Port have the assets to get it done unless they start involving players in direct trade or to get other picks to on trade to Melbourne.

Tomlinson is clearly on the outer at Melbourne. Would Port be interested in Grundy and Tomlinson to sort both their ruck and KPD depth problems, but what would come back the other way?

That would free over $1m from Melbourne’s 2024 cap so they may see that as attractive enough to accept a lesser trade value. That sort of cap room would open up some other options like a play at Ben McKay.

Port have stuff all picks to trade. Their first is currently at 37.

A future second could just as easily be in a similar late 30s range - ESPECIALLY if Port’s sub standard ruck division is improved in 2024 by having Grundy play for them.

I don’t think Port have the assets to get it done unless they start involving players in direct trade or to get other picks to on trade to Melbourne.

Tomlinson is clearly on the outer at Melbourne. Would Port be interested in Grundy and Tomlinson to sort both their ruck and KPD depth problems, but what would come back the other way?

That would free over $1m from Melbourne’s 2024 cap so they may see that as attractive enough to accept a lesser trade value. That sort of cap room would open up some other options like a play at Ben McKay.

37 and F2 probably does it. That would work for me. We could then use those to upgrade our other picks.

Alternatively Port split there F1 as they also need to get Raugolea and BZT done which would also cost 2nds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

37 and F2 probably does it. That would work for me. We could then use those to upgrade our other picks.

Alternatively Port split there F1 as they also need to get Raugolea and BZT done which would also cost 2nds.
Port are in a pickle unless they move some players to get trade assets.

They will create a hole in their list if they spend two years’ worth of first and second rounders on players in their mid to late 20s.

Port are in a pickle unless they move some players to get trade assets.

They will create a hole in their list if they spend two years’ worth of first and second rounders on players in their mid to late 20s.

They are also about to go off a cliff with talls across the field.

Im hearing it will be Sam Hayes and pick 37 for Grundy

Port pay his 650k cap. Dees fully off the books
That starts to make some sense because it at least solves the problem created by trading Grundy out (no AFL level capable second ruck on Melbourne’s list).

Brodie Grundy is still the 2nd best ruckman in the competition, and I don't see that changing in the next few years.

He would make 17 sides instantly better and I find it puzzling how undervalued he is.

Last edited:
Im hearing it will be Sam Hayes and pick 37 for Grundy

Port pay his 650k cap. Dees fully off the books

Makes bit more sense but still don’t see why the Dees would downgrade from Grundy to Hayes for a Pick 37 (which will become a pick in the 40s) and 250-350k cap space unless we had something else lined up for that money.

Last year we were reluctant to trade Weiderman for pick 37 until we had lined up Schache to come in as depth and Weiderman is not nearly half as important to our flag window as Grundy is.

Last edited:
Dees are low on Ruck options so taking back a Ruck is a good option

Pick 37 and Future 2nd with Hayes is fine

Trading someone like Grundy who would instantly make Port better for a late second round pick makes no sense to me. Making a competitor better for no real gain to yourself seems somewhat silly.
He’d make Ports already imposing midfield instantly better.
However something like a Georgiades Grundy straight swap would give both teams something they need.

Trading someone like Grundy who would instantly make Port better for a late second round pick makes no sense to me. Making a competitor better for no real gain to yourself seems somewhat silly.
He’d make Ports already imposing midfield instantly better.
However something like a Georgiades Grundy straight swap would give both teams something they need.

It's a tricky situation for the Dees and Grundy

Does he swallow his pride and just wait for an opportunity to play as #1 Ruck at Melbourne or does he request a trade

Swans have the assists Melb need (KPF) and have a Ruck vacancy.
Port don't have any decent picks that the Dees would jump at. Adding a player like Georgiades is an option.
Geelong is on the decline and may not even want him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Brodie Grundy [traded to Sydney for #46 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back