Traded Brodie Grundy [traded to Sydney for #46 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Swans out of Mckay if they get Grundy? or is that why they are happy to trade 11 so melbourne will be happy to pay a lot if not the majority of grundys salary to retain space for Mckay

Are the Swans out of Mckay if they get Grundy? or is that why they are happy to trade 11 so melbourne will be happy to pay a lot if not the majority of grundys salary to retain space for Mckay

I imagine we would put cap space on a premium over pick currency.

Giving Melbourne pick 11 and them paying most of his contract would potentially allow us to bring in McKay.

Still have no idea if Grundy even wants to come to Sydney

So Melbourne are effectively salary dumping their part of his contract to Sydney?

I could see Sydney parting with their pick 22 if Melbourne also pay part of his salary but I doubt that.

Melbourne have realised Grundy is an average tap ruckman who just runs around like a midfielder .

Melbourne need to dump him so they can bring in a key forward from somewhere.

Grundy will be have the most complicated contract in the AFL lol.

Payed by 3 clubs!
It’s part of why pick purchasing needs to come in asap. We would be happy to pay his remaining $1m salary for the pies for a second round pick. Allows the top to compete and the bottom to regenerate using their assets.

It’s part of why pick purchasing needs to come in asap. We would be happy to pay his remaining $1m salary for the pies for a second round pick. Allows the top to compete and the bottom to regenerate using their assets.

Wouldn’t that just create a bigger gulf? What if they 2nd rounder ended up a dudd.

Wouldn’t that just create a bigger gulf? What if they 2nd rounder ended up a dudd.
You don’t have to pick with it draft capital can be traded for players other better picks used in matching bids it opens up your possibilities. Anyway this is about Grundy seems clear he will find a good home at Port or Sydney and will play finals as #1 ruck which is the result that should have happened 12 months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People seem to forget that just because more clubs are interested doesn't mean a team gets more value. This isn't selling a house. It's 2023, and these players on 900k are sensitive souls and their every whim needs to be catered for. A week before trade period starts, Grundy nominates a club and any " bidding war" is dead in the water

People seem to forget that just because more clubs are interested doesn't mean a team gets more value. This isn't selling a house. It's 2023, and these players on 900k are sensitive souls and their every whim needs to be catered for. A week before trade period starts, Grundy nominates a club and any " bidding war" is dead in the water
True, but he's also under contract so the deal will need to be reasonable or the Dees hang on to him.

So they can play him in the VFL? Not a great list call
Don't get me wrong, I think they will trade him, but don't pretend you have some sort of upper hand if he selects the Swans as he is under contract.

Your pick 22 should be plenty.

Don't get me wrong, I think they will trade him, but don't pretend you have some sort of upper hand if he selects the Swans as he is under contract.

Your pick 22 should be plenty.
Far too much, we have the upper hand
Just because Kane Cornes think the dee's have leverage doesn't mean they do.
This is a major blunder by the dee's and they'll want it finalised asap

Far too much, we have the upper hand
Just because Kane Cornes think the dee's have leverage doesn't mean they do.
This is a major blunder by the dee's and they'll want it finalised asap
No, you don't have any upper hand because he is contracted!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back